Polygamy & Islam

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Thrilla-Ali, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrilla-Ali

Thrilla-Ali Dapper Don

The prophet married social outcasts such as widows [they were out casted during this era] , because they experienced hardships in their lives [because of their social status]. One thing to remember is how society was back then, how how it is now. For instance, they didn't even have doors back then, it was like the flinstones [houses made out of stone]. Just to give you an image = )

Why is it permissible to have upto four wives?

First off,

No man is allowed to marry upto four wives because of sexual gratification.

We follow the practices of Prophet Muhammad [PBUH] and this is why we marry upto four wives.

- The prophet would marry unfortunate women. Widows were social outcasts and shunned upon during quranic/biblical times. No one married the widows and they suffered great depression, because of their social status. These women were heckled and shunned upon in the face of society. So the prophet mostly married widows (who were older than him even), something which was unheard practically, during this time.

EX.

The prophets first wife was KHADIJAH, she was a widow. She remained the only wife of the prophet for the next twenty-five years, until she died (may Allah be pleased with her).

SAWDA BINT ZAM'A was a wife of the prophet. She was 65 years old, poor, and had no one to care for her. This was why Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) married her.

Etc.

One must have an understanding of the old customs of Arabia in order to truly appreciate the prophets intentions. By marrying these women, he took a great burden off them, and gave them affection.

Now lets compare this to modern society or other society's that aren't so 'modern'
    There are plenty of other instances where men can marry other unfortunate women as the prophet did, this is called sunna in arabic.

Since modern society doesn't really have a need for polygamy (Since widows can easily remarry in most societies now, without any problems), many muslim countries don't practice polygamy. Rarely will you ever find a man with more than one wife in most muslim countries. As a matter of fact, polygamy is banned in muslim Tunisia, Turkey and Lebanon.

Polygamy, and laws concerning polygamy, differ greatly throughout the Islamic world and form a very complex, and diverse background from nation to nation. Whereas in a few Muslim countries it may be fairly common, in most others it is often rare or non-existent. According to traditional Islamic law, a man may take up to four wives. Polygamy is traditionally restricted to men who can manage things, and in some countries it is illegal for a man to marry multiple wives if he is unable to afford to take care of each of them properly. In the modern Islamic world, polygamy is mainly found in traditionalist Arab cultures, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates for instance, whereas in secular Arab states like Lebanon and non-Arab countries with Muslim population, Turkey for example, it is banned. It is also illegal in Tunisia.

I would also like to point out that there are a significantly larger amount of females in comparison to males in countries such as the United Stated Of America (and this is growing). These females will not have partners, because of the shortage of the male population. So wouldn't polygamy make sense in this instance as well?
    test
  2. cock juggler

cock juggler Double ML=STUD

test
  3. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

Mohammed did not marry "unfortunate women."

I am so tired of Islamic bullshit. I'm sorry but you have got to stop lying to yourself. Mohammed married his best friend's 9 year old daughter. I agree that marrying him was unfortunate but he was not rescuing her.
    test
  4. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

His own wife even said, "No women suffer so much as we."
    test
  5. MC VeXeD

MC VeXeD New Member

how do u know that the girl wasnt being abused?

christ did many things people questioned, don't be obscure to other's opinions

Embrace other religions as diversity in a capsizing, one government world.

You depress yourself and others with your pain-filled hate.

Ether Vampires..... when will they learn?
    test
  6. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

Vexd, I don't hate Muslims. If I did, I wouldn't be talking to one. It is the love that drives me. Don't mistake anger and frustration with hate. They are not the same thing.

Mohammed did not rescue that little girl. She was given to him as a GIFT by her father when she was six years old. Mohammed had sex with her to consummate the marriage when she was 9. She was 9 years old and he was in his 50's. How can anybody possibly justify that? She couldn't have even had tits yet. Probably just started developing ant hills and likely hadn't even had her period.

She is the one who said "No women suffer so much as we."
    She was speaking about Muslim women.

Mohammed had several wives and in several Hadith, is quoted as tellin his disciples that it is okay to have sex with their wives while thinking about other women. This man was not a prophet of God. Do not compare him to Yeshua.

Yeshua was questioned by the Pharisees for teaching prostitutes and sinners and for healing the sick on the Sabbath. He wasn't criticized for sleeping with little girls and lusting after other men's wives.

Yeshua (Jesus) was criticized for doing GOOD.
    Mohammed is being criticized for doing whatever the hell he wanted.
    test
  7. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

And you are confused if you think that religions should be used to form a One World Government. Too much Bahaism in your head.
    test
  8. Thrilla-Ali

Thrilla-Ali Dapper Don

The marriage was just a label, it's not how we see marriage as of today.

Was she really a victim of sexual abuse? Many anti-islamists love to pursuit this even though the facts are in their faces. No where does it state in islamic scriptures that the last prophet pbuh had intercourse with a nine year old (despicable accusations). He married her at nine but didn't have intercourse with her, that was not the purpose of the marriage, read below, rex.

Facts.

- The purpose of the marriage was to strengthen his ties with his best friend Abu Bakr [an old arabic custom]

- The purpose of the marriage was to teach her islamic knowledge. She was like the prophets protege in a sense. The reason why i say this is because a good portion of Islamic gospels [hadiths] are narrated by her.
    She was also the most educated woman in all of her surrounding populis.

- Young marriages were the norm during biblical and quranic times

- She bore no children with him, unlike his other wives. She lived with him till she was 18 or 19

- She was a brave young woman, who even lead a war. She was a strong woman, not of low self esteem, and abused

- Aisha loved prophet Muhammad DEARLY. Victims of abuse hate their abusers.

-Pedophiles have low self-esteem, the prophet Muhammad was a brave man, who fought along side with his muslim brethrens

Furthermore, hadith narrated by Aisha

arrated 'Aisha:

I never felt so jealous of any wife of Allah's Apostle as I did of Khadija because Allah's Apostle used to remember and praise her too often and because it was revealed to Allah's Apostle that he should give her (Khadija) the glad tidings of her having a palace of Qasab in Paradise .

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) said that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) kissed one of his wives while he was fasting, and then she ('A'isha) smiled (as she narrated).

Abu Burda reported that A'isha brought out for us the lower garment and the upper garment made of the Mulabbada cloth and said: It was in these (clothes) that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) died. Ibn Hatim (one of the narrators) in his narration Wd: The lower garment of coarse cloth.

'A'isha reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to me: I can well discern when you are pleased with me and when you are annoyed with me. I said: How do you discern it? Thereupon be said: When you are pleased with me you say;" No, by the Lord of Muhammad," and when you are annoyed with me, you say:" No, by the Lord of Ibrahim." I said: Allah's Messenger, by Allah, I in fact leave your name (when I am annoyed with you).

'A'isha reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) during his last illness) inquired: Where I would be tomorrow, where I would be tomorrow (thinking, that the turn of 'A'isha was not very near) and when it was my turn, Allah called him to his Heavenly Home and his head was between my neck and chest.

A'isha reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) at the time of breathing his last was reclining against her chest and she was leaning over him and listening to him as he was saying: O Allah, grant me pardon, show mercy to me, enjoin me to companions (on High).

'A'isha, the wife of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him), reported that he used to say: Never a prophet dies in a state that he is not made to see his abode in Paradise, and then given a choice. 'A'isha said that when Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was about to leave the world, his head was over her thigh and he had fallen into swoon three times. When he felt relief his eyes were fixed at the ceiling. He then said: O Allah, along with the high companions (i. e. along with the Apostles who live in the most elevated place of the Paradise). (On hearing these words), I then said (to myself) He is not going to opt us and I remembered a hadith which he had narrated to us as he was healthy and in which he said: No prophet dies until he sees his abode in Paradise, he is then given a choice. 'A'isha said: These were the last words which Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) spoke (the words are): O Allah, with companions on High.

Narrated 'Aisha:

The Prophet used to (put) bend his head (out) to me while he was in Itikaf in the mosque during my monthly periods and I would comb and oil his hair.

Narrated 'Aisha :

As if I am now looking at the shine of the hair parting of the Prophet while he was in the state of lhram.

Narrated 'Aisha :

I applied perfume to the Prophet with my own hands when he wanted to assume the state of Ihram, and I also perfumed him at Mina before he departed from there (to perform Tawaf-al-Ifada).

Narrated 'Aisha :

I used to perfume Allah's Apostle with the best scent available till I saw the shine of the scent on his head and shine beard.

During the Prophet's fatal illness, he used to recite the Mu'auwidhat (Surat An-Nas and Surat Al-Falaq) and then blow
    test
  9. Thrilla-Ali

Thrilla-Ali Dapper Don

Yea right. The prophet pbuh only had intercourse with his other wives because of their needs, and not his. And where does it state this? You either took it totally out of context or it's probably fabricated
    test
  10. MC VeXeD

MC VeXeD New Member

"To the pure, all is pure. To the base, all is base."

When did sex become something for people over 18??????

The Answer is the question....... when did it?

When does hot end and cold begin?

When does pure end and base begin?

It is impossible to say as it would depend on your vibrations.
    They are not opposites but the same thing to different degrees.......

What Mohammed was in fact doing was teaching the pendulum trick of the great Hermes Trismestigus whose teachings are in essence the base of ALL religions.

"The swing to right equals the swing to the left" aka karma

Adepts in mental transmutation learn how to swing the pendulum one way...... find a comfortable vibration spot and stay there as the pendulum swings back.

To the regular man, the pendulum swing of that sexual act would ruin him.
    But his mental strength is so strong, that he in facts gives himself to the girl instead of the girl giving herself to him.

and a one religion world is exactly what i despise

I happen to be Christian... but study other religions as hard as I study my own.

the world u live has brainwashed u into believing smoking, drinking, and sex are for people over 18 .....soon to be 21.

To the average tribesman in Africa, all that is known about sex and the body is learned by the age of 12!.....
    test
  11. Thrilla-Ali

Thrilla-Ali Dapper Don

Historically, the age at which a girl was considered ready to be married has been puberty. This was the case in Biblical times, as we will discuss below, and is still used to determine the age of marriage in what the culturally arrogant West calls "primitive societies" throughout the world. As the ahadith about 'Aishah's age show, her betrothal took place at least three years before the consummation of the marriage. The reason for this was that they were waiting for her to come of age (i.e. to have her first menstrual period). Puberty is a biological sign which shows that a women is capable of bearing children. Can anyone logically deny this? Part of the wisdom behind the Prophet's Muhammad's<May the Peace and Blessings of God be upon him> marriage to 'Aishah just after she reached puberty is to firmly establish this as a point of Islamic Law, even though it was already cultural norm in all Semitic societies (including the one Jesusgrew up in). The large majority of Islamic jurists say that the earliest time which a marriage can be consummated is at the onset of sexual maturity (bulugh), meaning puberty. Since this was the norm of all Semitic cultures and it still is the norm of many cultures today—it is certainly not something that Islam invented. However, widespread opposition to such a Divinely revealed and accepted historical norm is certainly something that is relatively new!

It is upon reaching the age of puberty that a person, man or woman, becomes legally responsible under Islamic Law. At this point, they are allowed to make their own decisions and are held accountable for their actions. It should also be mentioned that in Islam, it is unlawful to force someone to marry someone that they do not want to marry. The evidence shows that 'Aishah's marriage to the Prophet Muhammad<May the Peace and Blessings of God be upon him> was one which both parties and their families agreed upon. Based on the culture at that time, no one saw anything wrong with it. On the contrary, they were all happy about it.

None of the Muslim sources report that anyone from the society at that time criticized this marriage due to 'Aishah's young age. On the contrary, the marriage of 'Aishah to the Prophet<May the Peace and Blessings of God be upon him> was encouraged by 'Aishah's father, Abu Bakr, and was welcomed by the community at large. It is reported that women who wanted to help the Prophet<May the Peace and Blessings of God be upon him>, such as Khawlah bint al-Hakeem, encouraged him to marry the young 'Aishah. Due to the Semitic culture in which they lived, they certainly saw nothing wrong with such a marriage.

Above, we established that fact that getting married at puberty was an accepted practice amongst not only today's "primitive cultures", but specifically amongst the Semitic (i.e. Hebrew, Arab, Syriac, etc.) peoples of the Middle East.

The characteristics of intelligence and smartness that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had noticed in ‘Aa’ishah even as a small child, so he wanted to marry her so that she would be more able than others to transmit reports of what he did and said. In fact, as stated above, she was a reference point for the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) with regard to their affairs and rulings.

The love of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) for her father Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him), and the persecution that Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him) had suffered for the sake of the call of truth, which he bore with patience. He was the strongest of people in faith and the most sincere in certain faith, after the Prophets.
    test
  12. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

Thrilla - I am not going to read beyond your first lie. The girl was 6 when she was betrothed to him. She was 9 when he consummated the marriage. To consummate a marriage means to HAVE SEX. That is what consummating a marriage means. Having sex with a 9 year old when you are 50+ is disgusting. I don't care what faith you belong to. It is sick. The girl was a victim. From six years old she was being prepped for him. At six years old kids just want to run around and play. Muslim children aren't even taught the Quran and how to pray until they are 7 and she was already given to Mohammed as a wife?

Vexed - Show me a culture where it is alright to have sex with a nine year old girl. Even IF what you are saying is true and it was alright for that time, it is not alright for now. Girls should not be having children at nine years old. If they shouldn't be having children at nine years old then they shouldn't have old nasty men climbing on top of them to have sex.

I can't believe anybody would try to justify this.
    test
  13. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

Biblical age of marriage was 16.

Not 9.
    test
  14. MC VeXeD

MC VeXeD New Member

When was the last time you have seen or even heard of a 50 year old man that had sex with a 9 year old girl that wasn't rape?

that is why it disgusts you due to the fact your mental image is rape when u picture it

Girls should not be having children at 9?

Who are you to decide when other peope do things?
    test
  15. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

Are you sick in the head? How can you think that a nine year old girl is ready to have sex with a man? At nine years old a child doesn't know what they want out of life. There isn't a nine year old child on this earth who does. What's wrong with you?
    test
  16. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

Would you have sex with a nine year old girl? Do you know what a nine year old girl looks like? Here, I'll try to help you out. This is a nine year old girl:

[​IMG]
    test
  17. MC VeXeD

MC VeXeD New Member

A 9 year old American girl maybe........
    test
  18. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

What is the difference? A child is a child.

[​IMG]

It shouldn't matter whether she is American or Arab. She is a little girl. Why would any man want to stick his dick inside a child? Let her be a child. What the fuck is wrong with the man who wants to take that away from her?

The fact that you are even debating this is disturbing.
    test
  19. Thrilla-Ali

Thrilla-Ali Dapper Don

First off, biblical age of marriage was beginning at 12 not 16.
    And consummating marriage does not mean having sex. She was engaged at 6, married @ 9 (that's what it means). You derive to your own conclusions to support your brittle argument. How do you know what age they had intercourse? How do you know it was nine? No where does it state that.
    test
  20. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

Consummate
    1. To complete (a marriage) with the first act of sexual intercourse after the ceremony.
    2. To fulfill (a sexual desire or attraction) especially by intercourse.

What the hell do you think Consummate means?

AND NO, Adulthood began at 13 with girls and 14 with boys with the Jews. But MARRIAGE could not be carried out until 16 for girls and 17 for boys. Try again. Very few males actually got married at 17 though. It was normally around the age of 21.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.