polow da don = genius

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by HO SNATCHA, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HO SNATCHA

HO SNATCHA i'm a playa

^urb.....think u got me confused with someone else dawg.....i'm from maryland, real talk....

LCD, what's good, you wanna collab on some tracks in real life? Maybe I can sit on ya lap while you come up with melodies on ya roland D-20......
    test
  2. 7thHorseMen

7thHorseMen New Member

LMAO @ urban
    test
  3. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

ella da bueno cabeza...mamada....or whatever u wish to call it....
    test
  4. HO SNATCHA

HO SNATCHA i'm a playa

^No me haga llamo Ricardo (su padre)
    test
  5. MAD SKREWS

MAD SKREWS Dear Mr.Toilet, Im Da Shi

this is coo man but i'm not sure why people keep sweatin polow.. i have yet to hear something where i'm like "DAMN!!!"... all his stuff jsut sounds "good" to me... anyone got links of his fire shit? postem

Skrews
    test
  6. urban_tactics

i just recently realized this nigga aint made none of these singles by himself....and he only co-produced "throw some D's"

i'm confused here....why is this nigga gettin so much shine? i'm missin somethin
    test
  7. Surrill

Surrill New Member

agreed....his beats is nice , but i dunno bout him being a genius .....thats a big reach
    test
  8. kojo

kojo New Member

...funny thing too, a cat that works with him was saying the labels have a list of go-to producers and how they rank which determines what rates they will pay...Polow is below the Runners and Nitti...
    test
  9. ChaseNCashe

ChaseNCashe If it aint Polo, Keep It!

Because he's a real producer.

Though he may not have made the beat..or played the keys. He told them what to do. They executed it...it became a Hit.

Same thing as Quincy Jones..Gamble and Huff.

Also being that the check cutters love him. I'd say he deserved it.

And I'd love to know the guy who told you that Polow was below Nitti and The Runners...being that my dude has a Grammy now and more to come.
    test
  10. urban_tactics

then that just means that the public....or maybe not the public....but just rapmusic.com has a misconception of what that nigga really does....

okay, thats what i get for readin shit on here....

so the nigga basically on some puffy shit....okay, i can fuck wit that....
    test
  11. urban_tactics

i can see him below the runners....but, Nitti? Nitti is trash........

runners did almost half of the new R kelly album comin out....plus they got some shit with mariah lined up....they about to shut shit down somethin vicious...i'm tellin ya'll niggaz.....

DJ nasty management is takin shit over.....
    test
  12. kojo

kojo New Member

Nitti just got a label deal with Warner Brothers so to the folks that are cuttin the checks he aint trash as much as we down him. im not much of a fan of his either but think of all the ringtone/single sales that cat has generated just off a fresh new artist like Joc and thats one of the things keeping the industry going at the moment....if you can blow a new artist up like that, then shit is gonna be golden for you. Polow will probably overtake him in the next year based on how Rich Boy and Keri do.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/showthread.php?t=105548&highlight=polow

in that thread dude mentions the list/nitti thing, i think in some other thread is where i heard the runners over him (or it couldve been Danja).
    test
  13. H20

H20 New Member

SE stand-up (Woodland, Langston Lane....that Lench Mobb)
    test
  14. Mr. sickVisionz

Mr. sickVisionz The Gentleman's Producer

I heard this song on XM a while back and thought it was corny. Not wack, but just kinda corny. Lyrically, the hook, the beat. As far as the beat, its like something most of the tight cats here could make but would throw away cuz it wasn't up to their normal standards.

I've only heard "Throw Some Ds", the fergie song and this track from Polo... outside of the Fergie track i'm not sure why you guys love him so much. he's nice, but y'all hype him like he's Vol 1 Swizz, 400 Degreez Fresh, or Hey Papi Timbo.
    test
  15. ChaseNCashe

ChaseNCashe If it aint Polo, Keep It!

If yall only knew.
    test
  16. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY who fuen CARES

test
  17. Rexasaurus

Rexasaurus New Member

Are you serious my dude? You must not be familiar with Polow's discography...AT ALL

Nigga deserves a grammy for these songs alone.
    [youtube]qUQNQgY6XDQ[/youtube]
    [youtube]emOexZINBWE[/youtube]
    [youtube]pXCB8w7L1IU[/youtube]
    I don't understand how Polow works is any different than how other producers work?

Lil Jon, Mannie Fresh, Just Blaze, Darkchild, Jazze Pha, all don't play their guitars, and nine times out of ten aren't the only keyboardists on their tracks.

How easy is it to talk shyt when your beat ideas only come from you? It's hard to actually direct studio musicians, especially those tricky bassists and guitarists, taking 15-20 mins trying to get THAT bass sound that only they hear.

Have you directed live musicians over a beat before? You need to know how to speak in music terms, and understand intermediate to advanced harmonies etc..

None of it is as easy as it looks.

Bottom line, niggas need to get off their "one man band" mentality. And they wonder why their shit is trash lolololololol.
    test
  18. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

yep, some people here would be horrible A&Rs
    test
  19. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY who fuen CARES

why what do u know lol?
    test
  20. urban_tactics

you kno your ISP is watchin you, right?