poll - takeover vs ether

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by fishyfishy, Sep 15, 2005.

?

Who won the Jay-Z vs Nas battle?

1. Jay-z

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. !ron HorSe

!ron HorSe New Member

Call it what you call it, but call it.

And I've seen both man. Stop acting like Christopher Columbus.
    test
  2. marsellus

marsellus nOne siCker

test
  3. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

No you didn't... Stop frontin' cuz you basically admitted it earlier in this thread...

And I'm not actin' like Christopher Columbus cuz most people noticed it... That's why I was surprised you didn't and were tryn' make it seem like it was OH SO DOPE.... Don't get me wrong though... That song was FIRE and was my favorite song on the album aside from PSA....
    test
  4. MG Grand

MG Grand the king (and im serious)

Jay won with blueprint2 and super ugly no question. the 3rd verse in takeover also humiliated nas. he came bck with ether wich may people think that did wonderrs, but in reality that didt say shit about jay, all he did in ether was call him names!!! in super ugly jay really spitted all over nas frame. super ugly was wicked revenge from ether, it killed nas. and blueprint 2 definately put him in the box, dug the hole and put him in the grave.
    test
  5. BreezyH2O

BreezyH2O New Member

Jay -z lost the battle , if you all will remember it was a bunch of subliminals being thrown by both of em, before it all wnet down...... and also you gotta remember... who called who for guest appearances? Nas did do some name calling in ether but he did also drop facts like calling jay-z out on the cases, & the " callin my crib and i aint even give you my numbers".... and so many disses on a personal level that only the people who know them would know about.... That shit got to jigga for real.. thats why he came back THE next day with super ugly and tried to go for the low blow but it didnt work ...... not only that what type of ••••• wants another mans sloppy seconds?? NOW who's the stalker?? super ugly was a waist of time.... "no ideas original" kills that... Im not saying it was a comeback but it was more creative and better.... Blueprint 2 was tight but it didnt kill ether, ether was the high point of the whole beef and you know it..... Not only that Jaz -O vouched for a lot of the stuff Nas said in Ether, He said he went to the studio with biggs and they played him the song, WHen he heard it he just put his head down and walked out cuz he knew nas had pulled his card...

REgardless of who had the better disses in our OPINION<--- keyword, IT revived nas' career cuz majority of peeps though it was over for nas, And it got to jigga or at least he made it seem that way. THe way he responded on super ugly, Was a sign of desperation, and on blueprint 2 you kinda get the message that he lost this round but its not over.... with lines like " i will not lose but even in defeat"...

ANd on a side note : do ya'll know who steve stout is?? DO you know his relationship wth JIgga and nas?? Think about it..............
    test
  6. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

You're wrong... That whole beef got to Nas a LOOTTTT more than it did to Jay.... Do you know how sensitive Nas got throughout the whole beef? If you live in the tri-state, then you'd know that Nas was goin' 'n bitchin' at stations at how they play Takeover and he started beef with like 10 different artist for no reason and radio personalities... The came back 'n apologized and said his head wasn't straight..... It got to Nas a LOOOTTTT more... And beyond that, Takeover (AS FAR AS HYPE) was the high point of the beef but don't believe in the hype... Blueprint 2 wasn't even played on the radio or even intended to be that type of song... But it killed Nas, point blank
    test
  7. Mr. Key

Mr. Key Heron and sex in one....

This shit is 4 years old, let it go....
    test
  8. THEDONN- closed

THEDONN- closed pac and biggie rule 4eva

this is about a song takeover vs ether

its ether that wuz more rugged and ruthless

but overall the battle wuz a tie.

dead even

both are the illest alive
    test
  9. Imperial1

Imperial1 For pressed ones only

If it got to Nas more than Jay, then why did Nas only make ONE song after Ether concerning the whole issue and Jay made about 2 or three and even another challenge?

Imperial1
    test
  10. THEDONN- closed

cuz jay had to respond to ether, duh, so thatz 1 automatic

then last real ngga alive wuz nas last one
    and blueprint 2 was jayz

whatz ya fuckin point
    test
  11. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Lemme ask you this... Why did Nas have to throw subliminal after subliminal at Hov also? And no, the reason Jay made a challenge was cuz he wanted it to be a decisive win and if they're right in front of each other, you'd clearly clearly see the winner... Basically, if they did the Pay-Per-View, this argument wouldn't even exist... We would say Hov or Nas won clearly.... And beyond that, Hov made 2 disses back after Ether and he only made another one after that cuz I feel he felt he didn't get the job done with Super Ugly considering that he dropped it the day right after Ether dropped... So he decided he had to take his time on the next one.... He did, and he ripped 'em

Once again, Hov wasn't on the radio wining and arguing with radio personalities about Takeover bein' played... and then, beyond that, he starts callin' random people out with no reason... He admitted he wasn't in his right mind and that shows it right there...
    test
  12. Imperial1

Imperial1 For pressed ones only

What subliminal(s)? And a few subliminals is nothing compared to a whole song or verse. You putting 10 on 2.

Imperial1
    test
  13. THEDONN- closed

nas had the stillmatic free
    jay put out takeover
    nas dropped ether
    then super ugly by jay
    then last real ngga alive and blueprint 2

nas has 1 more diss then jay.
    test
  14. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Once again, You Wanna Be Me and even a major portion of "You're the Man" was goin' at Hov... There was more too but I can't think of it off the top of my head

And beyond that, that doesn't make up for Nas gettin' crazy on the air... He lost his composure COMPLETELY... Nas lost his head a LOOOTTTT more than Hov did
    test
  15. THEDONN- closed

they stay throwin lil shots here n there......but nothin dedicated to them nggaz.

"u crying and complaining, im learnin how to swim"
    test
  16. Switch C

Switch C Rap Legend

If their name wasnt in the diss track, you cant assume who it was aimed for. You aren't Jay and you aren't Nas.

It's funny how you people try to decipher what's true or whats not when you're never going to know. The media leaves out/hides a lot of things, and so do rappers. Rappers also lie a lot. Dont believe every word they're saying.

In my eyes Nas won, in my eyes Nas is the better emcee. But it's in my eyes, what you see is in your eyes and lets just leave it at that.
    test
  17. hiphop4govener2

hiphop4govener2 Active Member

pac>nas>jigga

satisfied fuckers?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.