poll - takeover vs ether

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by fishyfishy, Sep 15, 2005.

?

Who won the Jay-Z vs Nas battle?

1. Jay-z

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. X sample

X sample New Member

Nas by a mile, haha..
    test
  2. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Umm... "my boyfriend"? wow... That's why this is the first time I've even acknowledged du's existence on this board... NICE RESPONSE

Sorry if you can't take the fact that you were the wrong end of a clowning and I found that funny you ignoramus

OH MY GOD... ANDtheVD... SOOOO CREATIVE!!!! How the fuck did you think of that one!?!?!? M-C to V-D!?!?! WOW... that's incredible

ignorant fuck... once again, don't be mad you got clowned and I found it funny... humor makes me laugh and I acknowledged it... so have fun still lookin' like more of an imbecile cuz you catch feelings cuz somebody laughed @ a joke... dumb muh'fucka
    test
  3. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

so-why did he retire again?
    test
  4. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Cuz he'd been in the game over over 10 years and was gettin' bored of rap... He said everybody's doin' the same thing and it just wasn't exciting him like it used to... He also said he wanted to focus on some other projects, which he did

And I'm not even tryna play Nas but Hov's life LITERALLY shits on Nas's... Why would Hov have to be jealous of Nas?

SOME OF THIS IS OPINION BUT LEMME BREAK IT DOWN:

- Nas has Kelis
    - Hov has Beyonce
    ... hmmm... who would you rather have?

- Nas tried creating a label which was unsuccessful and it was tiny
    - Hov has Roc-A-Fella, which has been a success and is now the PRESIDENT OF DEFJAM (possibly the biggest label in rap)
    ... hmm... who would you rather be?

- Nas had a beat ass clothing line that I've never even seen sold in stores
    - Hov had Roc-A-Wear which was one of the biggest lines made by a rapper
    .... hmmm... which clothing line would you rather own?

THIS ONE'S MY PERSONAL OPINION BUUUUTTTTTT....
    - Nas started his career off GREAT with Illmatic and It Was Written... then fell off HARRRRDDD IMO and has had one "solid album" since then (Stillmatic)
    - Hov started off his career GREAT with 3 great albums then fell off for a few albums and then finished his career off strong... he also sold way more albums than Nas in that time period
    ... What catelogue would you rather have?

So what does Hov have to envy Nas for again?
    test
  5. !ron HorSe

!ron HorSe New Member

LMAO... Nas has a clothingline?
    test
  6. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

he did... haha... probably went bankrupt... lol
    test
  7. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

If Jay-z really cared about hiphop in the 1st place-he woulda been makin music for the love of the art, instead of basing his shit off what everyone else is doin in the rap game. What does his albums content have to do with any other rapper out?

Absolutely nothing

yes, every body in the mainstream does seem to be doing the same thing-including Jay-z-hypocrite...

Like I said before....how many rappers actually retire?

Plenty of cats own there own businesses, & have been in the game for as long or longer than Jay-z.

Look at Snoop.

My, point is that in a free lance market that hiphop is, what is the point of retirement? He could always just stop makin music w/o having to say..."thats it-no more rappin 4 me"!

Look at Rakim-he stopped rhymin for 5 years-then he came back....makes an album here n there n a couple verses now n then.

He ain't too active, but he never really called it quits either...

Face it-Nas got to Jigga; he hurt his pride, his image & his ego; not to mention Jay ain't too creative or innovative-he's just successful.

His well has run dry(no more lines to bite)

Retirement-what a joke.....
    test
  8. marsellus

marsellus nOne siCker

"I was scarface and Jay was manolo,
    it hurt me when i had to kill em,
    and his whole squad for dolo"
    test
  9. !ron HorSe

!ron HorSe New Member

He said he retired, obviously he's not usless you have been under a rock for 2 years.
    Have you see the video for 99 problems? heard the tracks he's ben on recently? he's even complimenting to drop another album soon.. whoever dropped an album 9 straight summers?
    And question his love for the game? Your an imbecile.

Look at Snoop? Snoop is NOT on Jay-Z level... have you ever heard Snoop last album.
    Compare The Black album and Resonable Doubt then compare Doggystyle and Rhythm and Gangsta... who fell off more? who is more consistant?

Come man, make some valid points.
    test
  10. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

you can't ansewer me this:"what was the point of saying he's retired"?!?!?

retired=defeated in JAy-z case
    test
  11. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Not a hypocrite... He was one of the first that was doin' that... A lotta them people "doin' the same thing" is trying to do EXACTLY what he did for his entire career... When he started doin' what he was doin', only a few were doin' it... And AT LEAST HE ADMITS IT... He admitted he was in it for the do'... I respect that more than people that claim they do it for the love of hip hop and their actions completely contradict them...

Like anyone logical could figure out, how many people accomplished even half of what Jay-Z had accomplished in the little time he was in the game?

and NONE OF THOSE CATS, are half as successful as him at it with the exception of MAYBE Diddy... And I mean as far as ARTISTS... Maybe Em but Em's done it in a complete other fashion... Hov did it through a more business-man/entrepreneur type thing as far as opening so many different ways of making money for himself

yeah, look at Snoop... Snoop's been in the game much longer than Hov and Hov's accomplishments FAR EXCEED Snoop's... what's your point?

No, he was announcing his retirement just like any athlete would... Plenty rappers have "announced their retirement" but it wasn't made much of a deal cuz they aren't Hov... DMX retired the same time period (even though he came back) and nobody was really given a shit about it...

Yeah, but he didn't retire... POINT BLANK

Yeah, but Hov was sayin' he was callin' it quits (whether we believe him or not)... Hov was sayin' no more albums... Rakim was still planning on making albums and still is, SUPPOSEDLY

wow... Jay ain't too innovative!! HAHAHAHA!! That's a joke!!! He completely changed this rap game around... Get the fuck outta here... And that's like sayin', a kid threatened to beat up a kid in elementary school and then 4 weeks later, the kid says he feels sick and goes to the nurse's office and goes home sick and someone else says: "He went home cuz he was scared of gettin' beat up..." HAHAHAHA... ignorance... *shakes head* Hov dropped four albums AFTER THE BEEF!!! C'mon now... He was still goin' multi platinum and still doin' his thing... Still had hit after hit... Haha... of course Nas really did so much damage... Meanwhile, Hov ripped 'em in Blueprint 2 also...

No more lines but he just dropped an iller verse on the Diamonds' remix than I've heard Nas drop in the last few years... of course... get the fuck outta here...
    test
  12. !ron HorSe

!ron HorSe New Member

It could be one of many reasons.

Publicity? for another album?
    "when i come back wearing the 45.."
    The birth of Shawn Carter and the end of Jay-Z?
    Tupacesque career? (Macaveli)
    Bigger and better plans? President of Def Jam.
    "Im not a business man, Im a BUSINESSSSSS MANNNNNNNN."
    Personally reasons?

Come on man, get serious.
    test
  13. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

^^^ add the fact that maybe him and Beyonce wanna settle down 'n get married... look at the timing: Destiny's Child is done and Hov done within a 2 year span...... Maybe they wanna settle down 'n start a fam or somethin'....
    test
  14. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Oh yeah, he didn't mean come back to rap... He meant to come see you basically with the 45 (gun obviously)
    test
  15. !ron HorSe

!ron HorSe New Member

See.. His wordplay is serious.
    test
  16. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Nah, that's actually pretty simplistic... Haha... But aight, whatever floats your boat

That's why he said: "it ain't to play games wit'chu, it's to AIM at'chu"

Jigga ain't that nice with the wordplay... more often than not, it's pretty simple... Once in a while, he'll impress me... Like his verse in threats about the two techs 'n duet 'n singing to you 'n shit... that was ill... But his wordplay is minimal
    test
  17. !ron HorSe

!ron HorSe New Member

His wordplay is obviously good if we saw it two different ways.

holla!s
    test
  18. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Just because you see something in two ways doesn't mean it's good... There's good wordplay and simplistic, weak wordplay... Honestly, anything can be seen in more than one way... It's actually how well you can decipher and find parallels in things...

He's not that ill at wordplay... It's average aside from a handful of times... There's somethin' called depth and most of his wordplay only has surface value

AND we didn't see it in two different ways... I saw it in both ways... You only saw it in one way... I figured it out... He was tryna get'chu to think comin' back like Jordan but he meant with a gun (.45 caliber)
    test
  19. marsellus

marsellus nOne siCker

Jay-Zs overall love died down incredibly after the beef with Nas.

Everyone thought that Nas ripped him.

That was the point when even pop culture white kids started listening to Nas.

Nas gained fans from the beef, Jay-Z lost fans from the beef.

Godson & Stillmatic went platinum aswell.

the majority goes for Nas everytime

he was smoother and more calm during the beef. Jay did seem as if he was emotionally hurt

Nas

Heard Takeover, thus dropped Ether (Ether > Takeover, and lets be realistic, if Jay didnt think that ether was better than Takeover, then he wouldnt of replied THE NEXT DAY with SUPERUGLY)

Superugly = weak, could of been credible if he fucked Carmen WHILE nas was still with her, but he didnt, he fucked her after nas was done with her, even jay said so. So thast not really damaging or "nice" in anyway. So using carmen was a bunch of filler in the song.

Thats why nas didnt even reply. Cause nas knew it was whatever and it didnt hurt him, he was easy, Ether was a hit and everybody was sayin like the begining of the track says "Fuck Jay-Z"

When nas performs Ether 500,000 or how ever many peple there are screaming fuck Jay Z, how is that a loss?

Nas played his roll smart, he let jay Z go on the radio almost crying talking about how harsh Ether waslmfaoooo.

then he apologizes, later saying "his mother amde him apologize"

THEN JAY-Z MAKES OF COMPLETE FOOL OF HIMSELF ON "BLUEPRINT 2" SAYING

"MY MAMA WONT BE ABLE TO SAVE YOU THIS TIME"

^^^LMMFAOOOOOOOooooo

he basically made himself lose, made himself look like an ass publicly

along with admitting

"Nas won the battle" - Jay-Z

blah

INSTEAD OF MAKING 3 "AVERAGE" DISS TRACKS, HE SHOULD OF USED THE BEST PARTS FROM ALL 3 TRACKS AND MAKE ONE SUPER DISS

BUT THEN AGAIN I GUESS JAY-Z ISNT AS SMART AS YALL MAKE HIM OUT 2 BE
    test
  20. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

wrong, Hov stated his stance on this entire subject in Blueprint 2 (the song)... his love wasn't "dying down" at all

umm... timeout... if it helped his career that much, why'd his last album BARELY get to platinum and that was WITH IT BEING A DOUBLE ALBUM... in a double album, 1 sale equals 2... So technically, a single album would've done gold...

Wow, Hov lost fans? hmmm... interestingly enough, Blueprint 2 (after the beef) sold just as much as the Blueprint and La Roc Familia... hmm.. unfactual arguments again

Meanwhile, Jay was goin' multi-platinum still while Nas was struggling to go platinum

"calmer and more smooth" during the beef? wow... nice try again... who was the one goin' to radio stations screaming and yelling and arguing and beefing with just about everyone in the industry? YEAH... REAL CALM

haha...

no, it's called battling and responding... if someone calls you out, you respond... JUST AS IN ANY REAL LIFE SITUATION

The reason he replied the next day was cuz he was tryn' humiliate Nas by rippin' 'em harder THE NEXT DAY... It didn't work cuz I didn't find Super Ugly that dope but ONCE AGAIN, he dropped it the next day... Then he took some time to actually come correct and dropped Blueprint 2 and massacred Nas

umm... are you sure about this? I read Nas admitted it was while they were together...

and Nas didn't reply? umm... subliminal after subliminal after subliminal... song after song after song he was mentioning Hov but not throwing his name out... and where the fuck was "everybody saying 'FUCK JAY-Z'" haha... you are doin' a nice job makin' up lies trying to win an argument you don't have

umm... time out... 500,000 people don't fit in a arena... you're lying... stop makin' up bullshit... nor does Nas even fill venues to the point to even get in HUGE venues... did you know Nas still rocks shows at small venues while meanwhile, Hov filled Madison Square Garden in RECORD TIME!?>!?!?! he made history with the speeds tickets were sold... I honestly doubt Nas ever even rocked in Madison Square

he was crying about how harsh Ether was? HAHA... I live in Jerz and followed the beef in all the NY radio stations and not once did that happen... Nas was actually on air crying more about how they were playin' Takeover on Hot 97 on a entrance to someone's show (I forget who)

.... for sayin' the shit about Carmen cuz he was sayin' that it shouldn't have came out... he was a MAN about it and apologized

umm.. how does that make 'em look like an ass? *shrugs*

MORE LIES... not once did Hov say Nas won the battle... stop makin' up more bullshit...

umm... no... Blueprint 2 was a "super diss" and his one verse for Nas on Takeoever (the only good verse IMO) was a "super diss"...

not smart but he just was given Presidency of one of the biggest labels in music... YUP... I'm sure he's not smart...

hahaha

damn, that whole post was full of bullshit, lies, and biased jibberish
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.