Politicly incorrect

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by FiligraNn, Nov 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FiligraNn

FiligraNn Word Up! (Montreal)

since im from montreal and dont really exist , ill say it (i mean no one from GT could express something like that without suffering from major backlash)

I feel, i FEEL like only the smack community (wich happens to be mostly black as i understand) think mook, ice, lux, rex, math can be part of a top 10

i just saw someone state that lux is number 4 on his list.

Not starting the whole debate again with math and iron, but i mean to think math won that, with the level of deepness in iron's writting for that battle...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I mean i started watching battles with the mook and millz and i used to feel like mook was a god , but damn, after seeing GT blow up, i really feel like NONE of these cats smack rappers could step up to most of the GT (white OR black) fam.

I feel like the new wave battle scene (thats right, new wave!) has brought so muchmore to the table. These smack dvd rappers just c-a-n-n-o-t
    compete. I feel like that is why Rex ducking Okw (or all those others smack cats acting like their too big for GT), or even why solomon will never battle someone like illmac (by proly ending up battling some smack dude in the end)

or why we wont see the footage for Rex vs Math anytime soon

the way okw build his verses agaisnt ars, the way illmac build his agaisnt saurus or iron build his agaisnt saurus.

You could NEVER see no one from smack come close to that writting game. And i personaly FEEL like there has to be a race card behind such stuborness

My first thread on RM to ask this:

Any white folks (thats right, folks!) think any of those smack dvd names are top 10?

in french wed say - il ya un éléphant dans la piece

theres an elephant in the room of battle rap

edit: btw im not saying mook ice or loaded or hoffa not nice. Mook made me fall in love with the acappella scene. Just saying no way theyre top 5 or top 10 by todays - personal type of writting - standard
    test
  2. TheOmega

TheOmega Well-Known Member

You're a fucking idiot for thinking taht some of those people can only be considered dope by black people. fuck outta of hip hop
    test
  3. Perspectives

Perspectives PERSPECTIVEZ

No. you are wrong.
    test
  4. MattPORTLAND

MattPORTLAND Well-Known Member

what the
    I don't even
    test
  5. tha sinner

tha sinner New Member

what about hispanics huh???
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  6. TsirhCitna

TsirhCitna New Member

i swear, people from montreal are almost as retarded as average americans
    i'm as white as it gets in ontario as a polish-canadian and even i can't deny that lux is sick; it's a different style from gt and if you knew anything about hip hop or just battling in general then you'd accept that at a certain point, everything comes down to seperating styles and preference/opinion.. love and judgement on hip hop is entirely subjective unless you're talking about actual sales which is the only thing numbers can speak for
    test
  7. FiligraNn

you bunch of FUCKERs

im not a fuckin hill billy Im not saying mook not dope
    NOTHING like that

GOD

its hard for me to justify the way i want cause english is my second langage, but shit guys, PLEAse do not take me for any fuckin redneck. Im asking a question, i would love to be prooven wrong.

People from montreal are actually really open to multi-ethnicity. I went out with a haitian girl for three years (hollohan moment), my best friend is african.

You can judge me all you want for raising a polictly incorrect debate but im not saying anything racist or shallow minded. Im not saying blacks are stupid or NOTHING like that

Tsiritna says somthing interesting, its all a questions of style and perception. Ok my point is there is NO question of percpetion in a battle like okw vs arsonal. in my mind you have to be of bad faith to say ars took even one round in that battle. And i have trouble seeing anything other then a racecard behind it. Any white dude thinks Ars took that?

Im not saying loaded and mook arent dope RAPPER im saying there is NO way they could compete with fucking KP or Nocan

Telling me - people from Montreal are retards -

THAT is fuckin judgmental and generalising
    test
  8. billing

billing Member

It has nothing to do with race and everything to do with artistic sensibilities and the target audience. You can, at best, make generalizations about certain stylistic elements that tend to be associated with the emcees and the battling organization that they're associated with. Maybe it's even a product of geographical location (even this is a copout to me), but it has absolutely nothing to do with race. And if you make these generalizations, you'll always find more than a few exceptions to the rule who defy conventions, to the point of outright paradigm shifts.

Honestly, you can't compare the performances of cats from over 5 years ago to the stuff we're seeing with such regularity nowadays, because the battling game has evolved so much in such a short duration, period. It's honestly hard to compare Grindtime cats from a year ago to now; so many people have stepped their writing games up to the point that just a few months signals a completely different standard by which to judge battles.

And real talk, if you don't think Lux is every bit as lyrical and complex with his rhyming schemes as Illmaculate, then you simply aren't paying attention.
    test
  9. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

do you see how dumb you sound though when people who aren't black come in an clown you? lol
    test
  10. FiligraNn

Im not saying hes not complex im saying he cant write personal shit basicly. that makes him subpar by todays standard.
    test
  11. TsirhCitna

TsirhCitna New Member

haha, i know
    times are changing in this world; 'our' generation of human is far too arrogant, especially those raised in north american culture.. we convince ourselves that our own ideals and standards are factual and as such, everyone will debate their own beliefs and opinions in the same manner.

you basically came on here asking "does anybody have a different opinion than me?" but worded it poorly so everybody thinks you're racist.. which is hilarious.. the american president is black now, i don't see why anybody gives a shit about racism anymore. but hey, i'm just a white kid from the torontonian suburbs and i'd get stomped the fuck out in any real city where people kill each other for no reason so the (generally ignorant and illogical) majority's opinion is more concrete than mine.
    test
  12. FiligraNn

They say stupid shit like montrealers are retard

but no one says ice is top 10 tho

what do YOU think? i have a thing agaisnt black people? Im a frustrated white kid and i wanna bring down a whole race?

'The fuck out

I just want to discuss the matter is bringing that issue up really retarded.

No one thinks Rex ducking Okw has ANYTHING to do with race?

Naive motherfuckers
    test
  13. FiligraNn

word ill give you THAT
    test
  14. mgavin1

mgavin1 New Member

Dead at "since im from Montreal and dont really exist". curious, Who do you like better bro, Profit aka hard white or Nocando? Complex or Hollow? Hoffa or Sykul? DNA or tank lip?
    test
  15. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

opinion invalidated

die please
    test
  16. FiligraNn

gavin you just didnt get it

mtl thing was a joke

Nocan hollow hoffa and Dna

dyou think im stupid?

im saying hoffa has nothing on DNA, im saying mook as nothing on Nocan

Im saying they arent top 10

im not saying black rappers arent good

im just asking: any white kid think smack dvd are up to par with GT's top 5 (black OR white)?

as for now , no one said Yes I do, so it kinda prooves my point doesnt it

you fuckers need to stop reading in diagonal
    test
  17. FiligraNn

funny you should say that cause i almost asked directly for you and kp opinion for this.

Dont you agree only people saying ice could body D-lor ARE black people from Ice hood?

its funny how your kind of dissmissing me because of where i live, and then I get the racist feedback

Thats why im saying no one from GT could say such thing

Im not generaling to all the fuckin black ommunity, im talking about the fuckin smack community, wich happens to be , in my eyes, black
    test
  18. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

Hahahaha, you're taking this a little too seriously
    I don't even know what you're asking man

Math beat iron. it's a battle not a poetry slam, iron choked anyways, people seem to forget about that fact.
    all of irons good wordplay was in his first,which math rebutted, then absolutely destroyed him in the second. The third was close, but math completely exposed him. Home depot, caviar, parque, all that shit, gtfo talkin about irons complex shit, math came hella correct. First time we saw a street rapper give the blueprint for how to beat a "nerd" rapper.

Just because you're a pasty dude whose roomate is most likely a moose doesn't mean that the shit that street rappers say isn't dope. It's akin to watching a battle in french then saying its stupid cuz YOU don't understand it.

sure lots of street rappers are overhyped, lots of rapers in general are overhyped. it's sturgeons law
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturgeon's_Law
    test
  19. Caustic

Caustic H.ated N.ow I.n C.anada

this thread is beyond stupid
    test
  20. FiligraNn

my roomate Issss a moose! fuck

nice answer tho, i might have to rewatch that battle

but i understand everything in a english battle by the way , even if im french, I understand better then i write it trust me

But im still curious about how many white kids think ars took okw.

I dont see why bringing that up is stupid, there ARE intersting philosophical angles to hit thinkin about this matter. Billing proove it

D-lor prooved it too with the surgeon law thing

You people are acting like queens , offended as fuck.

Lets say i say - only black people could say mook would take illmac - am i racist for that? am i stupid? I think its a fact there Is a mouvement in the black community that thinks hiphop is a blackculture and should stay that way

To think that THAT mouvement doesnt affect battle culture at least a bit, now THATs being retard
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.