police shoot and kill 19y/o who didnt pay busfare

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by BasedDIGLETT, Jul 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You are mad

You are mad Ur so angry

I feel you, the sooner these imbeciles are off this planet, the better. Myself included if it must be done, the human race as a whole just saddens me.

What gets me in this thread, and I can't speak for every single poster. Is not that they feel the police were in the right here, they very well could have been, that's not my point at all. Truly it's just sickening that some of you enjoy, or rejoice people you find morally "WRONG" dying slowly on the ground. Not only that, but most of you are probably blissfully unaware of anything going on outside your little box. You don't know who this man is, what he's done outside of his record, what he's tried to do, or what he's been through.

Don't get me wrong, he got shot for a reason. Don't SHOOT at the damn police, he took his chances. But CHANCES are that problem would have never presented itself if it was not for one of the one of the worst systems in human history.

Look where he lives, now look outside your window. All I'm saying, brah. The fact that more than half of you find enjoyment out of it is just wrong though. Da fucks wrong with you?

edit2:Let me also say ESPECIALLY ON A RAP FORUMS. I mean are there really that many people who have lost touch with some of the earliest roots of rap/spoken word street poetry.

For a board that goes out of their way to defend and promote these "street rappers", you sure seem hesitant to defend a street human.
    test
  2. seattlebattle12

seattlebattle12 aka lil ill & dagawd100

itt: trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls

can a mod lock this pls?
    test
  3. zonal000

zonal000 Well-Known Member

Yep, this is exactly what I was getting at with my statements. I'm not even discussing whether or not the police were right or wrong to shoot the man in the video. I'm discussing the deployment of rhetorical strategies and leaps made between loosely connected bits of information for the sake of the viewers of this video to project all of their sadistic desires into it without appearing guilty of sadism or criminality.
    test
  4. TsirhCitna

TsirhCitna New Member

test
  5. BasedDIGLETT

BasedDIGLETT KINGLETT

this thread is really boosting my average view count
    test
  6. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

VB really needs a sage function tbh. Maybe the troll threads wouldn't on as long as often if when people responded they didn't bump the thread.
    test
  7. TheProle

TheProle Pls go, Milhouse.

There's nothing honorable or respectable about defending violence and killing in the "street". Sure, I like to hear gun bars, and I like to write them myself, that doesn't mean I attest with my life to honor what's being said in the bars.

Plus, I was a refugee who came to the United States, and I lived in the projects, under the worst conditions. My parents had factory jobs, and could only get enough for us to live off of, but I've never committed a crime in my life (apart from stealing some gummie bear snacks from Houchen's when I was 11). Nor have I hung out with the wrong crowd since developing an adolescent brain.

It is NOT the system. It's parents who don't care enough about their children to teach them what is right and what isn't. So fuck off with that whack shit.
    test
  8. You are mad

You are mad Ur so angry

Blame the parents all you want, cases like yours are rare. The fact is the system doesn't work, period. Public education in those areas is atrocious, the amount of crime being done from outside sources in places like that are overwhelmingly high. It's not all black and white, bro. You see the world in a way that works for you. Not other people.

I mean really? you're going to argue FOR ANY current system we're using. I don't even have a specific political party. But I will say this, we're not using any pure form of said system. We're using an odd hybrid that needs to make up its mind before it self destructs even more than it already has.
    test
  9. TheProle

TheProle Pls go, Milhouse.

What alternatives or suggestions might you have for a new system? I've honestly never had this discussion before, so I've never heard what ways people have of improving the impoverished parts of America.
    test
  10. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

Glad he's dead tbh

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL
    test
  11. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

Stop making excuses for this guy. It wasn't the systems fault at all. How did the system make him think that it was a good idea to start shooting at people in a crowded area because he didn't want to pay to get on the bus? Fuck out of here with defending people like this.
    test
  12. You are mad

You are mad Ur so angry

We can start by getting these kids a decent education, improve child services in the area, stop the flow of narcotics from whatever outside source they're coming from(which would not only save more lives, but would also catch actual criminals. Not 14 year olds who have no other source of income)Then we could work on the economic and political system America uses as a whole, which is completely broken.

As we've discussed in other threads, the awkward hybrid that we use in our economic system is definitely part of the problem. We have too many undertones of other systems in our version of capitalism.

We also don't have a full democracy...But ehhhh another thread, we're getting away from my actual point. Read through everything I said, I didn't say the cops were in the wrong here, I didn't say the man wasn't stupid or even crazy. He could be all of that and more, my point still stands. Some of you are way too excited to see a man, slowly dying on the street. A man you don't even know.

Anything I say at this point would be repetitive because I've already answered most arguments that can be made against my statements.

[​IMG]
    test
  13. KingsCourtEnt

KingsCourtEnt Active Member

What cops do you know maybe where you from but most cops I know have to basic training

There’s never a reason to stand there and watch a man bleed to death. He didn’t have any weapon during the video. They might have been right to shoot him but were not right for the actions viewed on the video.

Police have basic training in medical care of which they showed none.

Even if he did what they said he did that doesn’t excuse letting a man died. I believe the states it’s supposed to be innocent until proven guilty which they have yet to be able to do. Plys it’s not the police job to be judge jury and executioner of the law.

Issue is not with the shooting but the standing there watching him die
    test
  14. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

Most cops aren't trained as first response medical aid personnel. IDK where you guys got the idea that cops are trained to treat a GSW but that's not the case in most places. Usually they're only trained in basic first aid and CPR certified. They aren't generally trained with all the same things an EMT would be. Besides MAYBE applying pressure to the wound there was nothing they could do but even applying pressure could have been potentially dangerous as the guy could have had another weapon hidden on him.
    test
  15. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

Basic medical training=/=dealing with potentialy lethal gunshots
    test
  16. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

youre wrong buddy.. cops are trained(very rarely) as FIRST RESPONDERS. they are not medics and they are not trained nor INSURED to touch a GSW. you're speaking to someone who works in the EMS field. if any of those cops had touched him they would have been fired.
    test
  17. reznick

reznick New Member

This imperfect world is all a normal process moving towards a more perfect world

Everything is in place
    test
  18. You are mad

You are mad Ur so angry

Nah...We're doomed within the next 200 years.
    test
  19. Static Legacy

Static Legacy 3 times of a lotta shit

skimmed the thread, but if he had a gun, and threatened cops with it. then he can get shot idc
    test
  20. reznick

reznick New Member

I will send this post to you in 2211
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.