Polar opposites

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Coup d'état, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Stupid enough to either sincerely believe the garbage that you believe, and claim some sort of holier than thou status with it, or spend time on the internet defending something you don't really believe because you like the reactions your ignorant dogmatic rants receive.

Seriously, knock that shit off.
    test
  2. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

It's interesting that you can't take what I say seriously, so you have to make up reasons why I'm saying what I am. Two different outlooks for sure.

I take your garbage serious. I used to at least.
    test
  3. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

I'm not making anything up. Step your reading comprehension game up a level sir. I said EITHER you genuinely believe it (which makes you a gullible retard) OR you have an ulterior motive to defend something you do not believe. Both options make you stupid, which is the question you asked.

Based on the above quoted post, I'm starting to think it's more the former option.
    test
  4. Coup d'état

Exactly, you put me in your box of fallacy, ignoring what I say ?You gave me one of two options, neither were fair, both biased. Don't you see this ?

Any how, if you really do want to have a civil debate, let's think over some conditions to make it legit.

If not, I'm not going to think less of ya. I was just calling you out.

Still, I'm going to be making more threads, and I hope that next time you can explain the way you think instead of just bashing me. It doesn't bother me per say, but it derails the thread very quickly.

Good day.
    test
  5. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Why not keep it simple. My best case made for atheism. Then your best case for Christianity. Rebuttal posts (1 each) that can address any point made within, and then one wrap up post each after that.

Boom Bam debate.
    test
  6. Coup d'état

Sounds very fair. Post limits are about 7500 characters, so use word economy. That's going to be an issue for me. Can we make it two full post: 15,000 characters.

1 post rebuttals at one post each (7500)

And I don't want to build a debate on Christianity. I want to debate why I believe Evolution is not a real phenomena (macro)

You debate in favor , me against.

Do you agree to this ?

Initial posts due by when ?
    test
  7. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Well despite your presuppositions, evolution is not the center piece of my world view, so why would I center everything around that. The reality is that the case for not believing in god is a corroboration of epistemology, philosophy, history, science among other things. Also, only the Christian god is relevant to you, is he not? You are atheistic in your belief of 99.9 percent of possible deities, why wouldn't I focus on him?

lol @ telling me to use word economy...cute...I have no problem with that. I guess I'll have time this weekend to write this out. Maybe by 10pm Saturday EST so I can know I'm done with it before my weekend goings ons.
    test
  8. Coup d'état

I know it's impossible to prove God. This is why I want to center on Evolution. Because I feel that if you peel back the onion of lies and deception (evolution being Chief here and the principle topic) you can only logically, sanely concluded God.

I don't see it as a Christian God. I see him as God, and I know Jesus Christ is God in the flesh, the only truth really...only that around you secular types I go with "Christian God"

Everything outside this truth is false.

I do not want to use scripture at all, because you won't consider it or most likely not use it, nor will the majority here take it serious. So facts will be fine.

I say your corroborations are lies and deception and it really boils down on how you interpret it. Which is the focal point and really the line drawn between what I think and what you think, even though you say you draw from epistemology, philosophy, history, science and call it a reality. But I know the errors of all those combined. Not to sound arrogant, but it's night and day for me.

But I'm sure you feel the same about my view. This is why we should just do one approach and Evolution sounds good.

---------
    Evolution:
    You in favor,
    me against.
    This is the debate.

See ya Saturday.
    test
  9. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Even though for you the Christian God being "actual god" is axiomatic, the Christian god is the one that I put on trial. When I make my case for atheism, you'll see my true stance is probably closer to apathetic deist/atheist hybrid as in (maybe an intelligent consciousness exists but is not worth believing in). So in that sense the concept of god is not one I ever really rally against, as despite your claim to the contrary you cannot empirically prove or disprove god as a concept (edit: you actually admitted god can't be proven, I misread) All that needs to be shown is that the tribal god of the desert is false and then no other representation or idea of god is relevant to you.

So no, I cannot agree with that. I mean, consider this. Let's just humor you (I'm not conceding the point, let's make that distinction) and say your side wins. Intelligent Design is empirically proven! There's a million things that the intelligence could be. Consciousness merging with matter and energy? A RACE of beings that live in a higher dimension etc etc. There's no reason to think it's the Christian god over anything else you could imagine.

So even if evolution were a crock of shit, then you would still have to defend the Christian god's legitimacy.
    test
  10. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

don't know if serious.
    test
  11. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

test
  12. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

test
  13. Coup d'état

Very serious.

There is no evidence at all to support or claim it, or to prove the formation of the universe, the formation of elements, the formation of stars, the formation of planets. The only evidence used to back all these different stages of evolution up is variation in speicies...not one evidence is available for macro evolution or for organic evolution, stellar evolution, chemical evolition...you get my point. And all these stages have had to happen for the first life to burp out of the primordial soup.

If you have some by all means post it.

It's all built on assumptions.
    test
  14. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

ok, here's your proof:

"let there be light"

so....what do you think provided the light? god turned on a lamp, created everything then threw the sun in there as a space heater?

have you noticed that shade keeps you cool while being in the sun makes you warm? have you ever noticed that places without light have hardly any life dwelling in them? the sun is a necessity for life, therefore in order for the earth to thrive the sun had to be there, and in order for there to be light, the sun (which is a star) as well as many other stars had to be there.
    test
  15. Coup d'état

God's spirit was present during the seven day creation

"And the Spirit of God moved upon the face the waters" He can keep things and create things. He is capable of anything...beyond what man can imagine.

Plants can survive "night/dark" for a few days anyhow.

But God is light, he was present. That is enough.

So where is your proof ?
    test
  16. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

well let me sort of correct this. I believe your talking about God seperating light from the darkness, its not talking about light as in light from the sun or illuminated light its talking about good and evil. this is the point in time when satan and his angels were cast out of heaven.
    test
  17. Coup d'état

I was trying to say that with pants before the sun it was still possible.

what do you think I was saying ? I agree with you tough.
    test
  18. TheBigPayback

sorry. yes i thought you were refering the " he seperated the light from the darkness, but the darkness understood it not"

but your right, God is the source of the sun, the plants were in the lords presence needing not a substitue
    test
  19. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

aside from all the factual evidence gathered throughout hundreds of years, the proof is that when the bible was written, people still thought everything centered around the earth. god is perfect right? so don't you think his design would be perfect?

would you really start with a random planet, then create the sun, then create everything else? no, you'd go from the inside out. not 4, 1, 3, 9, 6, 12, etc. etc. etc.
    test
  20. TheBigPayback

no this is a fallen world.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.