Poetry Open Mic

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by Deficiency, Jul 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deficiency

Deficiency True Poetical Emcee

has anyone here ever performed at a poetry open mic session? I've performed at a few of them in Kansas City... Poetry open mic's are tight.. for real.. I love getting up and being able to spit my poetry to an audience it's tight.
    test
  2. *GeMiNeYeZ*

*GeMiNeYeZ* ~§¤Sweet Shinobi¤§~

i never have, but its on my to do list.
    test
  3. lpoet

lpoet POET

test
  4. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

I was working my way up through the poetry underground in L.A. under this very same moniker I use in here. I had to cut it short to go home (Bahamas) where I'm much more known for it. Kinda helped start it.

Headin' back to L.A. doe.
    test
  5. Everglaze

Everglaze Hip Hop Enthusiast

I'll be doing this soon. I'll also perform Spoken Word tracks once my album is finished.
    test
  6. iceheart

iceheart The Frozen Poet

i am going to do that sometime this summer, the largest crowd i have ever read to live was a classroom of 22 people lol
    test
  7. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

Largest crowd may have been my first crowd. A few hundred people at Morehouse College circa 1996. Since then, the largest crowd (not including morehouse Underground Live shows) May have been The Poetry Lounge in L.A. doing "Land of the Freestyle". I've been meanin' to hit 'em with my better work lately.
    test
  8. MisterEThoughts

MisterEThoughts MysteryOfUntoldTruth

nice i have really wanted to try this but i kinda stumble when i read my work i dunno why
    test
  9. DaJackle

DaJackle ThoughtS ProcessinG

i'm hopin to start hitting open mics and get known on the poetry underwordl here in Pennsylvania, but i really have no idea what goes on
    test
  10. mocha_licious

mocha_licious New Member

on my birthday (august 27th) i went out wit my homegirl and it was off da chain...real laid back and things...( i had three hypnotiq martinis) lol.....this one girl talked about "black dick" and then there was this one man cypherin off tha dome wit no paper in his hands....i am hooked....i think when i decide to do open mic its gonna be real nice....the place was called "Galileo's"......i would advise people to attend one...also on that night a duo called "broken word" from Hbo's def poets and from off of Bet performed that night also...like i said off tha chain fo sho....
    test
  11. SNC

SNC ~ Untouchable~

I go to Howard Univ and we have poetry open mic nights all the time and they are hot. I haven't done 1 myself but I plan to
    test
  12. h.wood

h.wood IMAGINATION SUPER STAR

i havent but i love to listen. i would be afraid that i got too nervous and would disrupt whatever emotion i wanted to convey
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.