Poetry Battles section?

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by allnakey, Jun 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allnakey

allnakey Sex is no fun by yourself

Hey I just wanted to propose an idea about something. It may be something liked or not, may even be something that has already been proposed upon in the past. I told Mindsoul about this idea and he kind of got excited about it and thought it would be a cool thing. Anyways I was just thinking, since everything else has it's own battle section, maybe it's time for the poetry realm to have it's own poetry like battles section... Just a thought. I was thinking it could be run like the RSTL, with topics, continuous tournys, open battles, and a ranking system. It would be like another sub section to the intellect forum. It could be called something like Poet VS. Poet. This idea still hasn't fully been thought out... But it is a start to something. What some of ya'll think.
    test
  2. I don't like the idea of a poetry battle. I think it may cast a shadow over the realm and the kind of community it has. It's cool to have challenges and a tournament sometimes, but I think it will just turn into a rap/slaggin match with battling, and bring a negative atmosphere. And also, I don't think thats what the majority of the realms poets feel their poetry is about.

just my 2 pennies, ofcourse
    test
  3. DIVINITY FLOWZ

DIVINITY FLOWZ New Member

I actually like the idea, but I think it should be done a lil differently to make sure it stays on the poetry tip. Like with the pictures in the contest or poetical type topics and the voting should be done differently too, it's not about punchlines, it's about imagery, emotional content and vivid story telling... these should be outlines for this kind of forum....

I'd also be more than happy to help out with this if you do decide to go ahead with the idea
    test
  4. Xero Satsujin

Xero Satsujin OnLy gOd kNoWs oR Goes

There's the positive view on things, then there's the negative, and also the inbetween...Positive, it would broaden the aspect of many writers and pull them out of their shells to help them write on different levels(proposed by themselves). Not only that, competition brings out the best in many people, but it also brings out the worse. So that brings about the Negative...You've got people like Anaphora who believe that poetry HAS to be a certain way, and people like myself who believe that poetry can be whatever it wants damn near. Also, it will create conflict and stir up a lot of unnecessary drama because some people actually take this very seriously. So speaking of some people, that would mean the inbetween, because most people(my opinion) don't know what the hell they want and go with the majority. But yeah, I would be for it, but wouldn't actively participate because I feel as if poetry has no place in a battle forum or in tournament because it's all based on opinion...<<shrugs shoulders>>
    test
  5. allnakey

It would be a strictly poetry like set up. No rap poetry or none of that shit... I dont wanna draw lines on what is and isn't poetry, But there can't be crazy punchlines floating around in a poetry battle. Anyways I can see the negatives, but I feel the positives out weigh em. And I think With good mods and shit we can make this thing really strict in certain aspects, to stop a lot of drama from happening.
    test
  6. Xero Satsujin

Well like I said, I'd be for it, cause that's how I see it, more posotive than negative...I'd even help mod *WINK* if need be...Anyway, babysittin for a minute...
    test
  7. allnakey

Well I need Jeff to ok everything, and then I can give him my chioces for mods. It will need some active mods tho, If he oks it I'll float your name around. I posted this in the pit and brang this idea up to him about a week ago, so Ima give him some more time to think on it, and give some more people some time to vioce their opinions on it.
    test
  8. Xero Satsujin

I come to RM everyday, just don't always reply to shit....Anyway, gonna take a nap, lol...lata...
    test
  9. nathedawg

nathedawg New Member

yo im definetly feeling this idea like you said allnakey the pros out weigh the cons in that whole rap battle bullshit can not exist in a poetic battle it just has no place in the format of poetry nah mean. But THe mods would have to be strict to a certain extent b/c some cats would get carried away and wonder off into a battle mode. nah mean hit me up as far as putting me on a list for being a mod or something peace out
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.