Poet Tree League

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by MANchyld, Nov 19, 2004.

?

Just wondering if people like the idea of a poetry league?

Poll closed Dec 19, 2004.
  1. Yes, I think it's a good idea in principal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, It should of never been made into a forum

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MANchyld

MANchyld Guest

I've done what I could to make this as good as I can, but no shows are killing it. Now it's an RSTL for poetry, which is not what I intended to happen, but I can live with that.

I thought this tournament would be a good idea for people to be introduced to other members here and work together. I also thought it would attract more people to the league and it has a little bit, but I just want to know what else I can do for yall?

I might be calling the shots, but I'm still just a servant of the people and I want everyone to just have some fun writing poetry competitively.

I've PMed alot of you and asked you to give it a try and I hope that you all at least do that.... give it a try that is. You never know, you just might like it.

When more people start showing up, there can be special events like...

-a selected match of the week that I will display as a sticky
    -a mag that showcases the talent displayed
    -special championship matches where you can win points

I had planned on doing all these things down the line, but things have been severely slow here because it seems nobody is willing to put any effort fourth. If you want to help and become a part of this, then sign up

http://board.rapmusic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92
    test
  2. MANchyld

MANchyld Guest

of course I thought it was a great idea. who else?
    test
  3. DaJackle

DaJackle ThoughtS ProcessinG

i still do...sry for the last match the MisterE....i was swamped with exams :-\
    test
  4. Sykda

Sykda New Member

Personally, I think its a pretty good idea.. But... then again, Poetry battling doesn't seem to fancy.. There is something missing.. A missing part that will really help...

How about a Ladder League...

People are ranked #1 - W/E... And they get to challenge the person above them in rank.. I.E.. The #16th Rank person can only move up a rank if s/he beats the #15 ranked person.. Etc... And if it gets too big.. You should make it so you can challenge teh 3 ranks above you.. or something... I like this idea much better.. Especailly in a poetry league...
    test
  5. UFO the Phoenix

UFO the Phoenix I DONT BELIEVE IN ALIENS!

^hmmm good idea sykda....but lets get more peeps to sign up first

my main concerns with the league is the lack of votes and the many no shows...really just hurts the board

like the tournament concept that was great....EVERYONE said they were down but when it was time to get going nobody showed up...really sucks man...I know how much work you put into all that for it to just flop like that....

anyway I love the idea

I'll support it anyway I can to keep things moving

Holla
    test
  6. Sykda

Sykda New Member

What you need to do is make official judges.. Have like 7 People Become judges.. Anonymous so they have another alias.. Judge 1, Judge 2, Judge 3, etc.> And only 5 judges have to vote... Or w/e it takes to win.. And other people can vote too just ithe judges are for assuring that it will be voted on..
    test
  7. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

^^^that could either turn out to be a REALLY good idea....or a REALLY horrible one...
    test
  8. UFO the Phoenix

UFO the Phoenix I DONT BELIEVE IN ALIENS!

selected judges....hmmm....that could work?
    test
  9. ~Eloquent

~Eloquent Narcissistic....

yea man

their isnt to much more than we could do
    we started a tourney and it seemed alot of people were down
    but it took a while to start,so i guess some people changed their mind or had issues to take care of in their lives

but the no show shit has really limited this league
    weve had people that have signed up,
    but they probaly get discouraged by a chance that their opponent wont show,every week

i really dont know what we should try...

if people could sign up and participate it could turn out to be a really good thing
    but i understand yall have issues to take care of at home

but we need people to participate
    it sounds like a small thing
    but really people signin up and not showin has really killed this league
    the people we did have signin up they would get frusterated by the no shows and leave and not come back

i really want to see this league stay,
    but we need help from all yall

please take into consideration that the mods took a long time to organize the first round of this tourney
    we take time to organize the battles and rankings
    and we really need yall to only come in if you know that youll have time to show and not lose interest,or become discouraged/frusterated by people not showing,

it looks kinda bleak as of right now
    but all of yalls help
    whoever wants to be in the league
    we need all of your help

thanx to dajackle,absolute zero,ufo
    and the rest of the few peeps that have participated on a weekly basis,
    but we need more of yall,if this league could ever be expected to become any better...
    test
  10. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

I should have been more involved with the poet tree league. My apologies.

Probably shouldnt have no say in this, but I dont think a poetry league in the RSTL wouldnt be good, because it wont even be about poetry then. Like when we first started with the poet tree and how I use to have different types I poems I wanted the writers to do, they started complaining about. Alot of different shit man

Now in order to win, you're gonna have to have the best multis or some shit like that.
    test
  11. ~Eloquent

^^^
    word i liked that different types of poems shit
    i would like to bring them back but i cant think of any we havent used yet...
    i should go look at some poetry books next time i go in the bookstore...
    test
  12. DaJackle

DaJackle ThoughtS ProcessinG

there are plenty we haven't done yet....plenty
    test
  13. MANchyld

MANchyld Guest

I'm the one that stopped the writing on different styles and types of poetry. I did it because the people that were regularly showing up for the league complained that it was too limiting. like tha talent, yo momma 2nd (before he got banned like 5 times) and people like that because I thought it would attract more writers.

now that those people have gone anyway, I'm down to instill those type of topics again. it made it more fun for me, but I didn't want to be a dictator that just assigned a topic to everyone.

Is that what yall would like? A challenge in poetry? a change in the topical format?

let me Eloquent Poet, and Mind-Soul know, this thread for yall
    test
  14. ~Eloquent

word...pm janitor or abstract vizions for your mod spot back,
    test
  15. Sole Sovereign

Sole Sovereign Hungry But Never Starving

I'm going to sign in after the tournament. Right now it just seems too confusing while it's going on.
    test
  16. PuSsY WhiPpa

PuSsY WhiPpa New Member

ok, the format thing sounds interesting. but it should still be voted on. like a few different formats should be suggested weekly, my bad, bi-weekly and then the one that get the most votes will be used for the following week

Who knows alot of formats for poetry? I only know about 4 or 5 and yall have used them already
    test
  17. ~Eloquent

i dont know to many either,
    i took some notes from poetry books a couple weeks ago,
    wanted to take more but havent got around to it...

anyways i might have a few we havent used yet..
    test
  18. Vembeezy

Vembeezy New Member

Ill sign up for this shit like 2-3 weeks and actively vote n shit to help it out, after that i would hafta take a break tho cus of mah job
    test
  19. PuSsY WhiPpa

PuSsY WhiPpa New Member

well the ranking system is just like that already. your ranking depends on how many matches you've won in perspective with how many you've lost, but it's gone to hell because there's not enough people participating
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.