Poet Of The Month

Discussion in 'Poetry Realm' started by lpoet, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 6ftground

6ftground BLACKACE/GRIMREADER

Just have a diffrent topic every 2 week...
    Have the realm write on it
    vote on four live poetry writers to hold the throne of what ever.. for about 2 weeks or give them some rep points (posted points)
    the mode can set how many should be awarded...
    then start all over again when the champs time is up..
    Just some tips...
    test
  2. augee.ali

augee.ali Lively Up Yourself...

that sounds good to me....let's give it a try.
    test
  3. lpoet

lpoet POET

i like that idea
    test
  4. dead2u

dead2u New Member

I'm wit iceheart
    test
  5. SIZZLA

SIZZLA New Member

you are

oops! lol jism
    test
  6. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

sizzla what the hell are u doing postin this in this thread? lol
    test
  7. unspoken1

unspoken1 Revolutionary Wordsmen

hahah yea why did you do that man
    test
  8. MisterEThoughts

MisterEThoughts MysteryOfUntoldTruth

liek all ur ideas i agree poetry can't be judge but yea there should be a choice of a poet his skill as they grow
    test
  9. soritong

soritong shadow in the doubt

Poetry is not meant to be judged. Poetry is an escape, a way to let loose for some, a way to express their feelings in a way so nobody can laugh.

Poetry is also a way to speak to someone indirectly. To get your feelings out WITHOUT having someone say "This this and this is bad, so and so is better, they are a better poet".

There is no difference between a 2 line poem and a 50 line poem, but I have a bad feeling that people will end up choosing only those who post the most often or the longest poems over those who post poems with the most feeling, or meaning.

There is no point in judging and saying that one person is better than another in a given day, week, or month. Nobody is a better poet than anyone else. It is a matter of opinion, as was stated in previous posts.

Constructive criticism is acceptable, that is the only way for a poet to grow. To inflate their ego and tell them, "Hey, your better than anyone else this [insert time period here]" will only serve to make them try less in most cases.

That's just my two cents about it.
    test
  10. varentao

varentao New Member

^^Rise above it. The peopel who are over looked should rise above it. Especially if their poetry is on a different conceptual 'plane'.

I can see many people who'd like this idea. And it CAN help.

I'm neither for it or against it.
    test
  11. iceheart

iceheart The Frozen Poet

hey how about everyone write whether or not they want to be involved in voting for a poet of the month - at the top of any poems they post - and that way anyone who doesn't want to be involved doesn't have to- but i personally am all for like a poem of the week or a poet of the month or both. peace

iceheart
    test
  12. Revo1

Revo1 Rhythms & Sounds

i agree that poem of the month sounds better, because poet of the month brings rivalry, egos, and god forbid people actually thinking they mean something online. let's leave it to the work, rather the artist. judge the work of the author, you feel me? i'm thinking that we should have a vote built into the post. that way, if you want your work judged, you can inact a voting area right in your post. that way it takes away any big difficulties. good luck, mods. peaCe Poetry...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.