Poet Of The Month

Discussion in 'Poetry Realm' started by lpoet, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *GeMiNeYeZ*

*GeMiNeYeZ* ~§¤Sweet Shinobi¤§~

i think poem of the week/month is better than just poet... but thats just my opinion.
    test
  2. Kung-Fu Jesus

Kung-Fu Jesus I Know You Got Soul

Poem of the Month: "The Seer", by BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum
    Poet of the Month: Feme Sole
    test
  3. varentao

varentao New Member

I can understand how this would help improve this place. As long as it's done in a non-serious manner. You know, don't glorify certain poets so much. Don't let other people feel exempt or whatever..left out..

Put a a little group of people who are fairly active but more so are constructive in their replies. Though no one who has been nominated by the people who have voted. Then the group pick which piece it should be and/or whic poet.
    test
  4. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

that's why I say every week it should be someone new, just showcase someone new. That way, we can get to know some of the lesser known artists, and they can get more views where they otherwise wouldn't.
    test
  5. varentao

varentao New Member

Indeed. Though one must find a balance. You know, not sway totally towards the new.

A new category could be made. Best newcomer? Nah, dunt have the same ring to it, does it? I mean you know, poet of the month would maybe help more than newcomer of the month. Though i aint been here long enough to do an extensive sociological analysis. I would say much more would peep the 'poet of the month' than the 'newcomer of the month'. People would maybe be relatively dismissive..

...but then again, one can only truly find out once it has been implemented i.e. given a trial run....
    test
  6. mocha_licious

mocha_licious New Member

Poem Is Stronger Than Poet..since We Are On The Internet..and We Dont Really Know The Poets...but That Is My Opinion..and I Think It Will Give Everyone A Chance To Be Recognized On That Level If That Is Where Yall Want To Go With It....
    test
  7. Feme Sole

Feme Sole Mrs. _Evil

awww bless lol [kissu]

im not part of this though.....it wont ever be me :)
    test
  8. augee.ali

augee.ali Lively Up Yourself...

I'm glad SOMEONE was feeling me. [dunno]
    test
  9. MisterEThoughts

MisterEThoughts MysteryOfUntoldTruth

yea i like poet of the week cuz the poet of the month is to much and we all get to shine true what people said hmm i got other ideas i get back to thiss
    test
  10. MC Radical

MC Radical twitter.com/TheLastHero69

There should be a rating option, somthing like 1-10 points for poems on this forum. And the author with the most points is The Poet of the Month! Wacha think?
    test
  11. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

I think you need to read through threads before you reply...
    test
  12. augee.ali

augee.ali Lively Up Yourself...

LOL @ people catching the ass end of the thread and making suggestions [funny]
    test
  13. Strike2

Strike2 Man Meets Creator

I think originality should be an important part of the best...cuz I see the same poems with slightly different vieuws a lot..I mean doesnt mean they arent good..jus..you know
    test
  14. iceheart

iceheart The Frozen Poet

a poem or poet of the week is still a crapload of stuff to sift through, we would need a committee of at least three people who could be voted upon by the general population, and each day they could read the new posts and decide the best three posts and sticky them for the week or the day, and then if someone wanted to vote for one of those then they should just add a post to it, and then they committee will only have to tally up the posts. however there would need to be some way to tell everyone that those sticky-ized poems were for voting, not for feedback, and another problem is that after 7 days there would be 21 sticky-ized poems and that is a good bit of space, so maybe another sub area could be designed if possible that is entirely devoted to voting, so the feedback problem would be solved

i am new which also apparently means i am inherently dumb, but that is a rumor to which you should not succumb, if you doubt my skill, check out my threads and if you doubt still, write me sometime and i'll give you a reply in rhyme
    peace
    test
  15. MisterEThoughts

MisterEThoughts MysteryOfUntoldTruth

good idea iceheart i like
    test
  16. nice n simple

nice n simple Is Stimpy On Crack ?

Yeah this is an ill idea
    test
  17. Feme Sole

Feme Sole Mrs. _Evil

awwwww...lool
    test
  18. Swiss Miss

Swiss Miss New Member

I think everyone has some fresh ideas. As you know I'm new to the board and as far as voting for poet of the month or weekor whatever... I say quality OVER quantity
    test
  19. Azazel_The_Fallen_Angel

Azazel_The_Fallen_Angel Gringo

I used to like the idea of competing with poetry.

I no longer do.

If this were to take place I think it should require basically people's choice for not "The Poem" but "The Poet" who reaches their spirit the most during that month's time span.

The problem with this is that everybody in this section of the board only reads the same people time after time and different topics effect different people because nobody is the same.....

Therefore how can one poem or poet be better than another.
    Judging poetry is garbage.

A much better idea is at the end of every month list the poets who post within that month in a sticky thread and allow everybody to give feedback on the poet of their choice to inspire that poet. That way it's not a competition because Poet of the Month is an opinion. Opinions are subject to bias therefore are not Factual but the individuals connection to the poem.
    test
  20. allnakey

allnakey Sex is no fun by yourself

^^^^

yea that sounds tight i kinda like that idea better than a poet of the week/month
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.