Pms

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by GaLaTeA, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

..is by far the worst excuse women came up with, yet it's supposed to cover all their mood swings, justify the behaviour and in turn magically make things ok.

:smh:

And no, I'm not talking about post mastercard syndrome.
    test
  2. MissAndrya

MissAndrya Evolution is what is.

PMS only covers 2 days or so, what about the rest of the month?

I just finished a similar convo, and when I get home, I'll copy and paste my input.
    test
  3. MissAndrya

Obviously every rule has an exception, but I do find that in general, women (especially younger women) act illogically and are indecisive. While this does improve with age, maturity (or lack thereof) plays a huge role . Unfortunately, there is no cure for this.

Women do often know what they want, the problem is what they want differs from what a man wants. Say she loves or likes a guy, but doesn't love or like everything he does or is. This is where the indecisiveness comes in. She can opt to stay for the parts she likes and try to change (unsuccessfully) the parts she doesn't, or leave and deal with the heartache. Surprisingly, heartache is more difficult to deal with, and so, more often than not, she stays. This certainly doesn't solve any problems for her, it's just an easier decision.

Women's needs and wants are much more complex than a man's and she gets hurt and frustrated when he doesn't understand or comply. Her mistake is to become angry and resentful towards the male, or, more accurately, blame him. All too often women react on and with emotion. Be it hurt, jealousy, anger...it's usually the emotion that is acted upon first (or at all) and ends with it being 'all the male's fault'.

This, of course, is aggravated by the fact that a woman never speaks up about what she wants, expecting the male to read her mind or 'know' her well enough to know what she wants. Thing is, men just don't work that way, and it's not fair to expect them to.

Bottom line, women spend their lives setting themselves up for disappointment and blaming the male when she does, in fact, get disappointed.

Thoughts?
    test
  4. Mikaella Ocean

Mikaella Ocean Well-Known Member

this thread seems sprung from pms
    test
  5. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

Yeah.

It's bullshit.
    test
  6. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

The rest of the month should be an all around warning. :funny:

Most women attribute supernatural proportions to PMS. For all their faults, feelings, reactions, laziness and incompetence there's PMS to be blamed.

I noticed one thing though ~ some kind of an inverse link with IQ. This means that really smart and capable women practically aren't plagued by it, or at least they don't show it as much, while the attacks where incompetent bimbosapiens are concerned are quite strong. In fact, it ends up completely and effectively paralyzing them communication-wise.

Maturity almost seems like luxury these days, tbh..

One shouldn't love a person only conditionally, though. And not being on the same page about things is a deal breaker in most cases. As if forcing change.

Either accept someone completely, or move on. It's only going to escalate from resentment to misery.

Those are the worst traits any person can have, tbh.

Agreed.

Women will have to learn that overly complicating things ends up with disastrous results, not to mention that speaking one's mind is the better alternative.

Pretty much.
    test
  7. MissAndrya

You think that's bad, let's throw menopause into the mix, lol
    test
  8. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

PMS is no more a legitimate excuse for bitchy behavior than testosterone is for trying to hump everything with a pulse (and some things without one!).
    test
  9. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Oh boy...haven't even thought that far...:scared: :funny:

On the other hand, this just gave me an idea to replace one of the pet names I have for one of my nieces...

100% agreed.
    test
  10. straight_evil

straight_evil Mrs. Sole

I'm sure testosterone levels are pretty consistent throughout the month, being a female affords you the discomfort of fluctuating levels of various hormones. I won't discredit anyone's bitchy PMS symptoms if they don't discredit the cramps that make me want to punch small children.
    test
  11. MissAndrya

Lawlz.
    test
  12. MissAndrya

Ugh. Cramps. Thank goodness it only happens about 4 times a year currently.

In other words, God is only punishing me 4 times a year currently, lol
    test
  13. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Used to refer to my niece and nephew as Contraception I and Contraception II. Then Contraception II got renamed into Expense. :scared:
    test
  14. MissAndrya

l.o.l.!!
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.