please WWE don't put goldberg in HOF

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by Diasick, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

explain to me why that was a stupid post. you are quickly taking the title of biggest fucking loser this site has ever seen. i guess id be mad too if i was a nerdy pimple faced 15 year old cheifs fan that gets picked on in his school so he comes on the internet talking tough in pro wrestling forums. and you dont add 1 source of substance to any post you make. you just talk shit and dont say a single intelligent thing
    test
  2. Diasick

Diasick this guy

If it's a fake HOF, then there are several wrestlers that should be put in the fake HOf, before goldberg, disco inferno should already be 10 years in HOF before goldberg is even talked about, so I see disco in HOF as a sure thing over goldberg, like I said his career was to short, not even a full 7 years in this business, when young guys like cena and cm punk already have that behind them and goldberg doesn't is pretty pathetic, this guy is a legend, but has a career run of a rookie... and is considered a legend...

he wasn't a believable phenom, let's be honest it was a fake undefeated streak,and he didn't have the personality to even pull off an undefeated streak..
    test
  3. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

MARKS EVERYWHERE!

Saying that Goldberg wasn't a phenomena just because you don't like him is probably one of the most retarded things I've ever heard in my life. Did Goldberg get a quick ride to the top? Absolutely but that in no way negates what he did. Some of you seem to have forgotten or weren't alive when there were entire stadiums of people chanting Goldberg's name. He made WCW a fuckton of money through merchandising. I remember being in High School during his run and there were just as many Goldberg shirts floating around as there were Austin and Rock shirts. People I knew who didn't even like wrestling knew who Goldberg was. And when you say someone doesn't deserve to go into the Hall of Fame because they haven't done much for the business you can't be talking about the WWE Hall of Fame. The Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame? Sure. PWI Hall of Fame? Definitely. Not the WWE Hall of Fame though because, follow me here, the WWE Hall of Fame is FUCKING KAYFABE! That's why you have guys like Pete Rose and William "The Refrigerator" Perry. It's not a "real" Hall of Fame. WWE HoF inductions are based almost entirely on two things. One, is there heat between Vince McMahon and whomever the possible inductee is? If the answer is yes, like Randy Savage supposedly is supposed to have, then there's very little chance the person is going to get inducted any time soon. Two, will it get Vince money? That's the main one. With a HoF induction and possibly a DVD release Vince stands to make a FUCKTON of money of of Goldberg being in the HoF. Saying that the WWE HoF isn't pretty much entirely kayfabe is retarded and proves that you don't know as much about the business you seem to think you do. Goldberg was and is money. Millions and millions of people watched and cheered for him across the country. I went to a house show when I was fifteen or so and the chants were near deafening when he came out. AT A HOUSE SHOW! The guy was massively over and sold a shit ton of merch. Wrestling or retired he would probably STILL sell a shit ton of merch. Hell, some of his shirts are selling on eBay for thirty and forty bucks. How long he was in the business is completely immaterial. He was over, he was loved by millions and millions of people and those people would most likely still buy his merchandise and a DVD about him. That's the biggest factor in who gets a WWE HoF induction and to imply that anything other than that or whether or not Vince is mad at them for something just shows your gullibility and lack of knowledge.
    test
  4. Diasick

Diasick this guy

First of all, you need to learn what the word mark means, that's not something to randomly throw out there with no base, I was a big goldberg fan back in the WCW days, so this is 100% honest, it wasn't because of his big push, it was because of his short lived career, and the fact that there is more guys that put more work into this business than goldberg has, and it is a slap into the face to 20+ year veterans who get put on a waiting list so someone with less than 7 years of experience can be put in the hall of fame, any real sports hall of fame wouldn't put someone in that has little experience, there is a whole heap of wrestlers that should be put in the hall of fame before goldberg, and vince doesn't hold gruges, if he thinks he can make money off his worst enemy, he's going to bring him to the stage, randy savage doesn't have any heat with vince, infact he has just signed a video game deal I believe, the only reason you have for goldberg going into HOF is because he had an "epic" undefeated streak on a show vince russo wrote, yes the same guy that penciled in david arquette winning the world title.. I refuse to be convinced that goldberg has a legitimate cause for being in the hall of fame, maybe if he done more work after wcw went under then I would consider it, but he abandoned wrestling, until that breif run with WWE that wasn't even memorable... I think the amount of time you put in work should be a strong deciding factor on induction choices,

hell guys, I want evan borne and yoshi tatsu to go in hall of fame next year :funny:

then the year after that the soaring eagle mascot can go in
    test
  5. thaRooster

youre so dumb its insane. first of all goldbergs streak and his peak of popularity and stardom was over way before russo took the helms. second of all can your dumb brain think before you type. evan bourne and yoshi tatsu dont put 1 ass in the seat and will never win any legit titles and dont make mcmahon a dime. goldberg was ringing in dough hand over fist, was a world champion, and for about 2 years the most popular guy in the business. if there was anyone to compare him to it would be the rock who probably only wrestled like 3 more years then him
    test
  6. Diasick

Diasick this guy

Ok, you do know that it was intended for goldberg to be a mid carder right? if you don't believe that statement just look at his first match, goldbergs undefeated streak was russo's idea, it was decided after his first match that he would have an undefeated streak, and he wasn't even popular yet, so your observation is shit... there is more to a wrestler than wrestling matches, and that's all goldberg ever was... I wasn't giving yoshi and evan credit for anything, much less the soaring eagle, but the person behind that costume definately deserves HOF over goldberg, goldberg may have made people money, but nash did it longer than goldberg(he even made a chart to prove it), even tho people don't give a shit about that guy anymore, maybe someone like ron simmons or william regal didn't make as much money but they definately are more deserving than goldberg, and are more believable legends than goldberg... I think it was a bit to early for stone cold, but he has had a longer career than goldberg, and is some what believable as a legend..
    test
  7. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

[​IMG]
    You guys are awesome.
    test
  8. teacozy

teacozy New Member

if you put in Goldberg, might as well put in Lesnar. Same shit.

There's your parallel. Everyone knows that traditionally from the 80's on, any big/powerful guy was put over as an unbeatable phenom until the fans got over it and realized the dude's weren't good wrestlers. Here's a shortlist: Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, The Giant Gonzales, Crush, Kurrigan, The Yeti, Yokozuna, The Undertaker, Kane, Sid Vicious, Mark Henry, Mabel/Viscera, Diesel/Kevin Nash, The Giant, Goldberg, The Ultimate Warrior, Brock Lesnar.

Now out of these dudes there are two classes of wrestler, good and bad. Dudes who could work, take bumps, and do all the shit you'd want to see, and then there are guys who existed purely as spectacle. Those are both great and you need a mix of the two in every company, but you have to figure out, is Goldberg like Warrior, who was amazing growing up and could never be denied despite being a hard to work with weirdo, or is like like Lesnar, someone who got pushed extremely hard but was never great.

Everyone liked Goldberg, but the truth is the dude, and his streak, kind of obliterated what was left of WCW's suspension of disbelief. Dude would main event Nitro and wrestle like 5 minutes max if you were lucky, and crush some jobber/midcarder, doing max like four moves (sidekick, spear, jackhammer and sometimes a suplex variation). it was DULL. That's the difference between Warrior and Lesnar and Goldberg. Your entire purpose is to be an amazing spectacle, but as soon as Goldberg beat the Giant, its like, well, now what? The fuck is the point? He got so dull; even as a kid he didn't maintain my interest.

It's not even one of those revisionist things, people who recognized real saw the guy as a gimmick. You get over how powerful he was real quick when you watch, say, Regal wrestle Benoit or Malenko and Jericho or Undertaker wrestle.

And Goldberg was not more popular than the Rock. Just...no, man. That's just bad perception, B.

BTW, regarding the streak, if you want to see how to properly carry over wins and have the fans give a shit, look at Triple H's championship reign while the Rock was around. I've never seen any wrestler be more despised/successful at an angle since then. You can't have a wrestler "powerful" enough to win on his own accord EVERY SINGLE TIME.
    test
  9. ChiefsFan5840

ChiefsFan5840 WE ARE!!!

Is that all you can post because you're getting owned in the discussion? You know nothing and you're trying to act like you know/understand everything. Like I said 5 times before, learn the fucking business and then voice your opinion you dumb fuck.
    test
  10. ChiefsFan5840

ChiefsFan5840 WE ARE!!!

I can't find who said this, but if someone thinks this....I don't even know what to say to them.
    test
  11. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

No, because you're a gigantic mark who thinks that the WWE Hall Of Fame isn't kayfabe.
    test
  12. ChiefsFan5840

ChiefsFan5840 WE ARE!!!

Haha, this is really funny. Period. Especially coming from you.
    test
  13. Diasick

Diasick this guy

So Is About Everything In Wrestling And TV Period...
    test
  14. Bret_Hart

Bret_Hart New Member

Goldberg was a legend

Without him nwo wouldn't of been popular for so long
    test
  15. thaRooster

damn you are the master of contributing absoultely nothing to a debate. you suck and are the worst poster in the history of this site
    test
  16. ChiefsFan5840

ChiefsFan5840 WE ARE!!!

I'm pretty sure I've done enough explaining of my viewpoint on this issue. And that post by him was pretty hilarious because of reasons I'm not allowed to say here. If I were allowed, I would. Trust me.
    test
  17. Diasick

Diasick this guy

Listen I Know This Is WCW Theme, And Is Kayfabe, But There Is Tons Of People Who Should Go Into A WCW Themed. And Kayfabe hall of fame than goldberg, the hall of fame should be one night that vince doesn't care about ratings, its about honoring legends, not about the ratings, i think vince just wants to put goldberg in while everyone still remembers him so he can make money from him..
    test
  18. thaRooster

dude when it comes to wcw goldberg was one of the 5 most important wrestlers in the orginization. sting hogan goldberg flair nash. obviously guys like jericho benoit eddy and rey were mad important too but goldberg was bringing in that cake!

you keep saying outlandish shit like disco inferno..disco inferno didnt bring in any ratings, didnt sell any seats, and didnt have any titles or credentials, and noone cared about him. so who belongs in over goldberg? i agree there are many guys who belong in over him but the fact is that the guys you will name WILL BE PUT IN. theres plenty of room inside this fake kayfabe hall of fame. goldberg belongs in it and will make it. if the shit wasnt already a joke and they were actually selective and careful about who they put in it id agree with you. but just look at some of the names in the hall of fame and then you will realize that you can easily put goldberg in there
    test
  19. thaRooster

i just went through all 3 pages, and in fact you havent made one point. all you did was drop like 10 posts calling people stupid and retarted and added absoultely NOTHING. seriously you failed to even attempt to make one point the whole time. you suck.

and wtf are you "not allowed to say". you can say whatever the fuck you want what are you talking about? you are a clown dude.
    test
  20. Diasick

Diasick this guy

Goldberg didn't have a long enough career, to be deserving of HOF, goldberg may have made money during his short lived career, but brock lesnar made money in his short lived career to, but does that mean he should go into the hall of fame? no, I would never be convinced that goldberg is a legend, not even in a conversation about WCW, the only WCW legends are nash, sting, hogan, savage, ect.. you have low expectations if you think goldberg is a legend and is worthy of the hall of fame, it would be nothing more than a gimmic to put goldberg in, (he's a WCW guy, his home town is atlanta.. boo fucking hoo) I want to see several guys go in before bill goldberg does..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.