Please support your OPEN MIC VENUES!!!

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by MISSKEYdaQUEEN, Apr 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

I'm telling you my fellow poets. I went to a Poetry Slam in Buffalo yesterday and the fellow poets you meet, The overall atmosphere! Listen...what we do is hard to do and you guys know it takes passion. We have to support our local spoken word poets!! I'm so inspired guys forgive my energy..BETTER YET EMBRACE IT!!

Holla! :)
    test
  2. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

Mike's Chicken and Hot Wings is the only place i know of in memphis that has little open mics and shit. And dont nobody even go there.
    test
  3. Xero Satsujin

Xero Satsujin OnLy gOd kNoWs oR Goes

LMAO @ Mikes Chicken and Hot Wings...That shit sounds like a little store in somebody's kitchen, lol...Anyhow, the one here in rochester aint no better. There are more than one, but the one I attend aint too bad...It's called Java Joes. It's a cafe for mainly white people most of the time. But on the weekends, the races blend and some of everyone can be found there. I'm tellin you though, walk in there durring the week and you'll think it's a whites only place, lol...Anyhow, open mic is aight...I performed recently, last month actually in LI(Long Island)...it's a trip some of the things that people put together and the emotion that runs through you when you go up on stage...
    test
  4. Anaphora

Anaphora was here

Haha, open mics are cool... gives you a chance to get a feel for shit... there's a really big one here in San Diego, usually draws about 100-200 people every tuesday, about 40 people read... 80% or more of it is really lame, but everyone starts somewhere... then there's a few really good people that read there, one guy Amara Momoh, has a really nice book of poems out called the echo of a cry in the dark... you can check it out at like, borders, or amazon or wherever really... but they're definitely a good place to go, even just to get you practice reading on the mic in front of people... I can finally go to one this week because of spring break, so I don't have class, I'm excited.
    test
  5. Justin85

Justin85 True Poetical Emcee

I LOOVE going and performing at open mic's.. man.. it is tight.. I love being able to perform my poetry in front of an audience.. and let everyone know I feel.. and everyone is directed at what I have to say. Recently I've been doing all I can do to find open mic's to perform at in Kansas City. Like, I want to start going to open mic's again.. to get my name out again.. and now since I have some new material that I want to perform.. it's great. I haven't been to a open mic session.. since like January 2003'. The last time I performed though.. was almost two weeks ago.. On April 2nd.. I performed at a school day show and a night time show at my high school.. I got to get up on stage and resite 2 poems that I wrote.. it was really fun and awesome I enjoyed it alot. Especially since there was a show during the actual school day and I got to perform in front of alot of the students during school.. it was really tight.

I'm looking forward to going to open mic's again.. I just wish they woud have open mic every week.. But, instead it's like first monday of every month.. or something like that.. But, it's all good.

Peace
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.