Please Read This: It will change your life!

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Cardinål, Jun 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

cmon gstep.. i just changed this mans whole belief system with 1 thread.. small price to pay.
    test
  2. Tradish

Tradish illest alive

sweet jesus, Ive spilled many of seeds onto the ground.:cry:
    test
  3. Geedorah

Geedorah King

And what if "Jesus" isnt really Jesus,what if hes devil in disguise and u all preaching bout Jesus will go to hell and the rest of us not giving a fuck going to heaven,ever thought bout that?
    test
  4. GASP

GASP ¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!

---:funny::funny::funny::funny::funny:----

HAHAHAHA

Oh God, what an imbecile

Ignored
    test
  5. Drones

Drones Active Member

wow @ this dude gasp. bro, you can't possibly be this delusional in real life.
    please lay off the persona that everyone hates and try posting something that has at least some kind of connection to who you actually are. you are obviously not a retard. you know this debate isn't going well for you. take a step back. or log off or something.

posts are rarely that cringeworthy.
    test
  6. jonascroad

jonascroad Member

I can't say that you have "changed" my belief system, but you have given me some things to think about
    test
  7. GASP

GASP ¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!

LOL, no wonder I had ignored you too :funny:
    And yeah, this debate isn't going well.. I'd like to have at least SOME opposition when discussing, far too easy
    test
  8. Eyerate

yea i know.. im being dramatic for effect. all i really was striving to do here was open up your mind to the idea that maybe you werent seeing the forest for the trees.

heres some real spit for you guys: i'm an asshole, thats for sure. i have very little patience and even less respect for people who waste my time and are generally too stupid to grasp wildly simple concepts when explained in detail. i have my own brand of abrasive, sarcastic humor that i approach most debates with. that said, i genuinely do love to help people out or just engage in intelligent debate on interesting subjects. any of the people who have had lenghty discussions with me on finance, fitness, or any other topic will tell you i go out of my way to be accommodating. that includes that dense fucktard reznick who wasted a couple hours of my time privately on AIM and still couldnt grasp the most simple of economic mechanics.

to be fair, you approached this debate like an idiot would, so i treated you as such. the whole "faith" crutch is super soft. i hope you can realize that in the very least. like i said, whatever path you choose i hope its fruitful for you. i just hate to see people waste their potential/money/time on something thats a 2000 year old scam.
    test
  9. reznick

reznick New Member

isnt the bible today a corrupted version that has been rewritten by rulers in Europe like a thousand years ago?
    test
  10. teacozy

teacozy New Member

wow. So I read the chart and looked up why a Bombardier Beetle would ever be a talking point, and found this channel:

http://tinyurl.com/43k72bv

it's all just videos casting doubts on evolution through over-analyzing certain adaptations
    test
  11. Drones

Drones Active Member

ever watched a william lane craig debate? you'll want to stab yourself.
    test
  12. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

nothing is certain in science. science would never say there is or is not a god. I think hawking is onto something when he says that there is a higher power, not one which can be personified and one that you can have a personal relationship with, but the physical manifestation of god is/are the observable laws of nature in action
    test
  13. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

the biggest problem are religious fundamentalists IMO. people who take thousand year old documents based on thousand year old societies literally. if you take any religion with a grain of salt they promote mostly good ideals. thou shalt not kill steal etc. the problem are people taking the stories that taught these lessons as literal and incorporating them into real life, thinking one religion is "more right" than another when in reality the most common religions in the world all stress the same basic principles. of course religion is not necessary to teach these principals either, all you really need is just a little bit of logic tbh. trying to justify these moral principals by claiming you know the creator of the world and that's what he told you causes a lot more problems than just rationally explaining why the moral values are important to society.
    test
  14. judaman

judaman New Member

i want to punch william lane craig and hug sam harris

i do role like that
    test
  15. Jesus Da Gawd

Jesus Da Gawd New Member

Dope post.

I realized recently that the problem people have about arguments is that they are too emotionally invested in arguments to allow themselves to be wrong. If someone provides me with a challenge in an argument I attempt to either rebuttal this challenge or disprove it, if neither are possible I admit I am wrong.

That post you made calling Reznick an inferior being was so body bag because I feel that way about a lot of people. I feel like these types of people (intellectually inferior) argue with their hearts rather than their minds, and miss the entire debate due to being grounded in their beliefs.
    test
  16. Eyerate

thats a great way to put it. "they argue with their hearts instead of their brain." i'll havto remember that.
    test
  17. reznick

reznick New Member

The main problem with this approach on life, is that at one point, after putting up a bold argument, you will be humbled by somebody who knows more about you about a certain subject.

And when that happens you have two choices:

1. Swallow your pride, accept that you were wrong, and that you will now learn from that person.

2. Tuck your dick between your legs, and bury that moment of shame that you wrongfully feel down in the depths of your brain where all the other emotional trauma you have piled up, lay.

You will meet this inevitable lose-lose situation, and by your own definition, would make you inferior to hundreds of thousands, maybe millions of people. This is why nobody of any real power views life like this. But keep at it, eventually it will erase those terrible memories that caused you to have such a scared and defensive mentality towards other people.

Not
    test
  18. reznick

reznick New Member

If you don't know how to listen to a ten year old when he makes a good point, your screwed my friend.
    test
  19. judaman

judaman New Member

This has to be the first time i've ever seen a religious debate end up where the non religious person gets angry and starts calling everyone names, this is funny. please continue.
    test
  20. Eyerate

are you reading the same thread we are?...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.