[PLAY-OFFS] Sweet 16 Banter

Discussion in 'RSTL Grudge Matches and Tournaments' started by Lucifa, May 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J o o k

J o o k Guest

Lol according to some of you guys I've already done it.
    test
  2. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

Q is really bad at math so I can't wait to see this weighted theory of his...
    test
  3. J o o k

J o o k Guest

Yeah if you really think about it, it's naturally weighted already. 50 percent a season thus far, so in theory:

If you had 20 points in season one, then sat out the whole season two, you basically have 50 percent of the potenial that others can achieve by being in 2 seasons.
    test
  4. J o o k

J o o k Guest

Unless Q is talking about weighing seasons differently. That can get sticky really fast. But it can be done I suppose by some sort of talent power rankings for each season(which are 100 percent subjective lol).
    test
  5. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

yeah .. whichever way it's done .. it defenitely needs to be statistically done (proven) ..
    test
  6. Got Life?

silly bastards.
    test
  7. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

GL, where do you get this idea that i'm not good in math?

ive been in honors math classes my entire life
    test
  8. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

along with english and science
    test
  9. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

lol,

the only people i see going back and forth is you and jook
    test
  10. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

talkative moods ..
    test
  11. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

and as for that, you're all naturally slow

lol at weighted theory

what i meant was that we will weigh the two different systems of rankings and determine which is more effective for the better of the league
    test
  12. Got Life?

seriously...why can't you manage to keep your thoughts to a post...
    test
  13. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

because i dont give a fuck
    test
  14. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

Q - mag is ready but for your intro, top 3 and outro .. when you're ready .. edit the reservations wit your stuff and unlock the thread ..
    test
  15. TheReturn

TheReturn Life of the Party

Lol, you still mad I shot down your epic full length non-rhyming novel in that champ match last season? And for the record, I signed out before Pain even posted his verse that week.

As for the argument, I think points from last season's PLAYOFFS should carry over, like Lucy suggested, but any points earned during last SEASON should not. If you think about it, the good heads were the ones in the playoffs, so they'd be the ones getting the free passes and pushing this season's sneak in's out, but it would also prevent people who did good in the season but not so much in the playoffs (i.e. myself) from racking up points on easy bottom feeding wins (i.e. Baron) and stealing low seeds.

I haven't read page 4 and 5 yet so if this is discussed I apologize. Oh, and welcome back Jooksies.
    test
  16. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

lol, i was never mad that you beat me, i definitely deserved that loss

but you're a perfect example because you've said time and time again that you'll be back for playoffs and things of that nature, you haven't consistently competed since your rampage in season one which we both know is partly due to you being set for life in entering the playoffs
    test
  17. Got Life?

I actually like this idea.

Someone get this man another beer.
    test
  18. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

lmao @ you Eugene .. Return says exactly what I've said about the issuing of points and suddenly you agree with it .. plum ..

whether it's 10 pts or 6 pts for champ wins etc. .. the main idea put forward by me was to not carry seasonal points .. just play-off points ..
    test
  19. Got Life?

point out where you said that...youre point nonsense was gay...

he's not saying change the way you get pts...he's saying keep your playoff pts and keep earning pts the same way...
    test
  20. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

I don't really care how many points are allocated per win etc. .. those details will come form Q and/or Jook .. I simply put forward a suggestion and worked out ranks by that method to show how it would work ..

but it's still all based around giving points to last season's play-off competitors and this season only .. exactly what Return is saying ..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.