[PLAY-OFFS] Sweet 16 Banter

Discussion in 'RSTL Grudge Matches and Tournaments' started by Lucifa, May 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

We're 4 weeks from the end of Season II and will soon be looking at the Play-Offs for this season. 16 RSTL competitors will fight it out in a knock-out tournament where there can be only win winner.

This thread is for Play-Off discussion ONLY!​

Things are still to be sorted and discussed by myself and Q about how we'll be working out the kinks and such. So nothing in this thread is final or official as an official play-off thread will be created closer to the time (2 weeks time according to Q).

We'll get the ball rolling now, as to clear up any questions or take on any suggestions in the mean time.

Remember, keep this thread Play-Off related!
    test
  2. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

As it stands .. I've taken the time to work a system I think is fair and relfective of the league. Once again, this is not official, but should serve as a good indicator of how things roughly stand.

First things first. This is how I've worked the point system.

PreLoaded Points : Points Carried From Season 1 Play-Offs

Making The Sweet 16 = 2 pts
    Round 1 Win = 2pts
    Quarter Win = 3pts
    Semi Win = 4pts
    Final Win = 10pts

Season II Points : From Season II Only

Win (by votes or no show) = 1 pts
    Contender Win = 2 pts
    Champ Win = 5 pts
    Champ Win + Retain = 6 pts
    Loss or UnRecorded Advancement = 0 pts

(an UnRecorded Advancement is when a battle is won but not no votes were made, thus not receiving the win on your record)

I've used this points system over the higher points of the Got Life? method as I feel this makes it easier for late sign ins to grab some points to bring them closer to the top ranks.
    As you can see, the points also lend favour to those that make the play-offs by going in to a proceeding season with points under the belt for the next.

The next post will show the points tally for the Top 20 competitors and their points with this system.

And I repeat - my efforts could be invain if Q decides he'd rather widen the points gap by reverting to the method used last season .. so this is not an official ranking list .. just a guide ..
    test
  3. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

first off don't put my name on any points system...that shit was all jook...

second off why honor older records if you're not going to honor the points already attained...

clearly the system worked...why muck it up now...

your arrival has clearly done nothing good for the league...

showing is at an all time low...extensions at an all time high...

what's your mark on the league? a half assed mag that no one cares to respond to and the fact that we now have to go

votes:
    1. champ:
    2. contender:

as opposed to

votes:

all you did here was set up a system that favors your own doofy record to get a higher seed as you didn't amount to much in the point scheme from last years finale.
    test
  4. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

Season II 'UnOfficial' Top 20 Points Rank List: @ End Of WK 11

Name - Points

1 - Lucifa - 26
    2 - Nah Son - 21
    3 - Got Life? - 20
    4 - Eye-Ryme - 16 (6 of those under aliases)
    5 - Mound 10 - 11
    6 - MetaSin - 10
    6 - Infinite Truth - 10
    8 - DaAlmightyDolla - 7
    8 - Trybz - 7
    10 - LDogg - 6
    11 - Bodian - 5
    11 - Alias2 - 5
    11 - Life_Support - 5
    11 - DeadKing - 5
    11 - TheReturn - 5
    16 - Apogee - 4
    16 - Cereal Killer - 4
    16 - Sephiroth - 4
    16 - Tekneek - 4
    16 - InsaneVillian - 4
    16 - Pain - 4
    16 - RICO - 4

(Technically, Top 22)
    test
  5. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

Because the records are for people to personally use, personally feel worth from their record. Stats are a different thing. No record reflects whether they made a contender or championship win. The Season 2 play-offs are for Season 2 players. Trybz make my system, but a stip would be added to say play-off entrants must be signed in to the league on week 16.

Because I've had a think about things and I think this sytem works the fairest for new comer along with rewarding the consistant heads that reached the play-offs of previous season(s).

your opinion .. of which means extremely little ..

I showed on day 1 .. I have not no-showed since signing in .. I've only ever asked for 1 extension .. (which I would have willingly surrendered 1 vote to be granted) .. I set the best example I can .. what other people do is up to them ..

lmfao @ my mark on the league .. I didn't sign up to mod for the same reasons you did Eugene .. I'm not in it to win voters or bend rules to favour myself and my chums .. or abuse the power by editing other peoples posts .. and I certainly didn't do it to try and feel important to the league .. I did it to help Q .. and that's what I'm doing .. appreciated by him or not .. I'm putting in effort to help free up his time for studies etc. .. and labeling champ and cont matches is nothing like demanding all battles be voted on .. it's a very simple thing to do .. sorry you're struggling ..

false .. my system wasn't invented with me in mind at all .. yes .. it does make me top of the pile for now .. simply because I've had a good season .. hence reflected by my scores for THIS season .. whilst only getting 2 points for my play-offs of last season .. of which leaving those play-off points in is what boosted YOUR tally ..
    test
  6. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

im number one

ive lost less than all of you skeezers, lol
    test
  7. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

and GL, you should've never left

lucy's just trying to stay occupied as a moderator so i try not to step on his toes much because i need him around to help hold this monkey up and all it'll take is for him to get bored or fed up and then i have to search for yet again, another mod

and my time here is coming to an end as is

but yes, a lot of things he posts are impulsive
    test
  8. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

and lucy, i definitely appreciate the help

my time is really limited right now and id hate to see this league die once again, this week isnt necessarily lucy's fault, i just think it was a rough week for most people, probably the roughest for me since the rebirth
    test
  9. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

tic tac toe

im out
    test
  10. Got Life?

see that's what you don't get...and don't come at me sideways like I ever cheated you whack reject...

the reason why the league was so successful during my short stint is I actually made sure that people showed...I actually kept people interested...and the topics were actually really good.
    test
  11. Got Life?

plus Q...each time you went in on a different alias...you can't pull a dic and add all that up...under lucy's new system you're up shits creek w/o a paddle because you were only signed in as actually eye-rime maybe once.

you just dick around a lot and keep switching your name.
    test
  12. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

i would like 2 know how ppl stayed cuz of got life...
    i havent read any1 say

"a yo got life runs the rstl?... im in that shit then"

inactivity was bound 2 happen. lucy just has the misfortune of picking up the league when the weather starts getting nice, ppl having finals and shit at school and gta4 coming out(lol)

and when has extensions ever been denied. its the prior mods fualt 4 granting them in the first place.

topics is topics. if ur a writer than put ur brain 2 work and get 2 writing. fuck excuses

only thing gl did that lucy hasnt is write a better mag which i hardly read anyway. even when q did it cuz like i said i just skim 4 my name. im sure others do 2. the same way ppl gassed my head up with thee creativity thing( which i deserve anyway) i think the compliments gl earned 4 modding got 2 his head. plus it doesnt help that he just hates lucy

as 4 the play offs....

i dont understand y ppl were able 2 bring back their records from the prior season. u dont see that shit in sports. niggas have 2 stop living off past glory. fine if u want 2 keep a personal account of ur stats than fine but if ur in a new season than u should get a new record period. its 2 late now but think about it 4 season 3.
    test
  13. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

yea, i was playing if you didnt notice

i could care less about the tournament rankings

and DAD, i posted
    should be pretty easy to beat
    test
  14. Got Life?

i have to wait till 11:59 PM EST to post a no-show verse as i refuse to waste my verse this week.
    test
  15. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

^lol

i've got 3 finals left

i should've signed out this week but oh well
    i'll be out next week probably
    test
  16. Infinite Truth

Infinite Truth ...scatterboxx rocks.

nah... shit should carry over seasons.

i don't necessarily know how you'd wanna work it out. that point system seems fine.

that way it eliminates the incredible amount of shitty competitors there are now.

it'll be a better 16. that's for sure.
    test
  17. Got Life?

i say keep the old point system...it worked out just fine.
    test
  18. Infinite Truth

^ i don't know what it was.

but do you agree there needs to be some sort of rollover shit - there are about 20 in the league now. 3/4ths aren't even good.

let the best of last season have a shot somehow.
    test
  19. Got Life?

old system = 2 pts for win
    -1 pt for loss
    10 pts for champ win
    5 pts for title defense
    10 pts per round you advanced

and if we weren't going to keep the points why would they be archived...eh lucy?

toolbox.
    test
  20. Infinite Truth

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.