Picture Time! Post em nughkas!

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by ChaseNCashe, Nov 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jyedigitech

Jyedigitech Member

Total Coverage: The CIA, Contras, and Drugs
    News: The CIA-coke connection was detailed long before Dark Alliance -- and the evidence keeps coming

By Eric Umansky

August 25, 1998

You may have seen the headline last month on the front page of the NEW YORK TIMES. (Then again, you may not have, since it ran in a small box on the bottom-left corner.) It announced, "CIA Says It Used Nicaraguan Rebels Accused of Drug Tie." The beginning of that story read:

"The CIA continued to work with about two dozen Nicaraguan rebels and their supporters during the 1980s despite allegations they were trafficking in drugs.... [T]he agency's decision to keep those paid agents, or to continue dealing with them in some less formal relationship, was made by top officials at headquarters in Langley, Va."
    In other words, top officials at the CIA knew the agency was working with Contra drug traffickers and didn't do anything about it. But the story, even with that shocking headline, quickly disappeared. None of the other major papers, news magazines, or TV networks reported the NEW YORK TIMES' findings.
    How did it come to this? The paper of record running a story, perhaps leaked purposely by the CIA itself, that admits what many have charged for years...and then the story disappears as quickly as it came.

A look at the twisted history of the CIA/Contra/cocaine story:

If you've heard about the CIA/Contra/crack allegations, it's probably because of Gary Webb, who in August 1996 authored several stories for the SAN JOSE MERCURY NEWS. Titled "Dark Alliance," the series linked drug smuggling by CIA-trained Contras to the crack epidemic that has ravaged America. It never actually said the CIA knew about the drugs, but it did strongly imply it (the logo for the series -- yes, it had a logo -- showed a person smoking crack, superimposed over the CIA seal.)

The series ignited a firestorm of controversy. And the major papers, specifically the NEW YORK TIMES, LOS ANGELES TIMES, and WASHINGTON POST, all ran lengthy pieces questioning the accuracy of Webb's reporting. (These stories were themselves criticized for being hell-bent on proving Gary Webb wrong, rather than attempting to follow up on his stories.) Even Webb's own editor retreated from the story's conclusions.

But the story of the CIA-funded Contras trafficking coke isn't new. And neither is the surprising lack of media interest in getting to the bottom of it:

complete artcle : http://www.motherjones.com/news/special_reports/total_coverage/coke.html
    test
  2. Jyedigitech

Jyedigitech Member

yo medicinal you're on point bro. but check it....that same shit happened that got africans over here. you know? greed. yo I'll never sell drugs. I used to walk all the time back in the day, and it was about 2am and I was walking back home. I stopped at a street and suddenly this guy was standing on the side of me not even looking at me he says, "ok man, I ain't got nothing but the $5 and the clothes on my back" I was like nah man I got nothing, ol boy was like ok man you can have my shoes too. At that point I said I'd never sell drugs ever. That man being on drugs had to be tearing somebody's home up. sad stuff.

Jye

test
  3. Jyedigitech

Jyedigitech Member

it just had some points in there that was interesting as it pertained to the ORGINIAL discussion on stuntin...lol. Man we went from post ya pics to video game looking pics, to black unity, to black unity is bs to racism....damn at least cats are talkin and using some leftover brain cells...lol

Jye

test
  4. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

oh okay...i understand...
    test
  5. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

lol @ this thread goin from pictures to stuntin, to video games, to drugs, to crabs in a bucket, to black unity

this is why i love rm.
    test
  6. Jyedigitech

Jyedigitech Member

this thread probably ran it's course, but yo, it was funny....lol.

Jye

test
  7. Dr.Suess

Dr.Suess New Member

i dint kno sum of yall where white no offense lol
    test
  8. blitz204

blitz204 BlitzBeats.com

look at the creator of this thread .damn
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.