Philosophy Debate TEXT BATTLE "Re-Buttal the person above you"

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by lyricalpriest, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

Proving whether something is true or not is called apologetics. This word is derived from the Greek word “apologia,” which means “to defend.”

However, Christianity is not a blind faith. It is the only religion that can prove itself, and a main source of that proof is the Bible. Although it is becoming less common, there are still people who tell others that they follow Christianity “because it feels right” (or use wording like that). This is unfortunate, since there is a lot of evidence supporting Christianity. The existence of all that evidence is one reason we started this thread. We want people to learn about the solid evidence that supports their faith, and have a place that collected that evidence so they can show it to others.

There is a great deal of scientific evidence that supports the Bible.

Science and the Bible
    test
  2. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

proved right lol people have been retarded for generations on what the world really is.
    test
  3. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

that's a misconception of your perception...you got quit confusing the typical christian description of god as right
    we're not supposed to be thankful that god "let" us be alive
    we're supposed to be thankful to ourselves, because we are all a bit of god, thankful for the ability to overcome hardships, thankful that there are hardships and the ability to overcome them at all, thankful for the truth
    test
  4. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

This is kinda unrelated to the thread, but have you ever heard of the Illuminati, secret societies, free masonry, NWO talk, or anything hidden like this ?
    test
  5. Coup d'état

You guys do make up dumb stuff too. It's called evolution. But this is readily shown throughly to be nothing more than a religion of the humanist nwo.

You are apart of that religion, you may not know it.

I would suggest you really look into the reasons why and what is happening in the world. You may be shocked that Dancing with Stars and Pepsi is not the most important thing. Modern Warfare 3 and all that entertainment crap is not really the best thing to be doing now.

I tell you this, the people in charge, the real deal people, the elite, they worship Satan. They even know God is true. This goes beyond government, beyond the smoke and mirrors that we believe is right. I'm not kidding.

Yet, you don't. I'm not sure what you know or think. But this clearly illustrates that what the mass really thinks to be true is not.

Just some thoughts.
    test
  6. Coup d'état

That eye on the back of your dollar is the eye of Horus. The eye of Satan...random thought.
    test
  7. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

ye i bunch of pussy groups
    test
  8. Coup d'état

you heard of some of these groups ? insane people man. They own pretty much every aspect or mechanisms of our daily exposure. IT runs deep.

Don't be so quick to denounce Jesus or God, they are truly your only hope, for bien in favor of these evil groups/empires.

the time will come soon where you will have to choose between them or Jesus. Don't be deiceved into it. At least know. be ready if your life time sees it.

just a thought.
    test
  9. MissAndrya

MissAndrya Evolution is what is.

I've been reading these 'debates' for a few days now (if you want to call them that). A few things come to mind: One: your own personal beliefs and marriage to your faith does not make it so. Two: If what the bible says IS true, then it doesn't matter if we believe or not, we will be 'saved'.

You seem to be caught up in Athiests being non believers, when more simply.....we WOULD believe if there was viable proof. It's much the same as being asked to believe anything without proof. Some choose to, some don't.

I, personally, find ways to 'debunk' or find alternate possible explanations for things. As long as there is doubt, I need proof.

For example, when Moses spoke of the burning bush on Mount Sinai, he had been there for days without food or water. These conditions lead to hallucinations, which is a well known fact. Therefore...did it really happen?? He was there alone, no proof to back it.

Just a musing :)
    test
  10. Coup d'état

welcome aboard missAndrya

I think the concentration on evolution is because it's related to a deeper agenda than just believing grandpa was a rock.

You're right just because you believe in something does not make it so or true.

There is only one truth.

Evolution is not that truth. It connects to wider implications that tie directly to the NWO and satanic beliefs. The religion of it destroys your faith and that is ultimately why it is so pushed. In fact evolution indicates God more, because if you understand how it is false and why it is taught you know as much. All the evidence of God's creation is around you, but you may not be sensitive to it due to evolution indoctrination.

Just a thought.

edit:

nice all seeing eye avatar. fitting lol That's satans eye imo
    test
  11. MissAndrya

Thank you.

Do we not 'All See' things in our own way?

I have a very open mind, and frankly...not much would, or does, surprise me.

For the time being, evolution is MY truth. Why? Because it has more scientific backing and makes more sense. That is to say...it is more believable.

Do I believe in Jesus? Well, I believe there was a man named Jesus, but in the context of the bible I feel there are falsehoods in his role. Impossibilities, if you will.

Your statement of 'There is only one truth' is true in and of itself, but your implications that it is Christianity or 'God', are pompous, in my opinion.
    test
  12. Coup d'état

Yeah, I understand that by claiming it as truth is pompous to atheist. But I am not pompous. One of my worries is coming across that way because I don't want that kind of negativity. But in some cases there is no way around it and you just have to take it.

You might believe in evolution, but it has not one shred of evidence. If you can give me your best piece of it maybe we can talk about that.

read in the sanctuary the Evolution debate vs YE creationist. There is some good stuff, and it may seem pompous to you, that is OK.

a lot of people assume its a fact because the 'scientific consensus' agrees on it. that is not evidence either for it. There is no evidence for evolution and what is more interesting to me is why nobody who claims to have an open mind will look into the truth of evolution, to say nothing of God.
    test
  13. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Replace the word "evolution" with "Christianity" and ask yourself how your brain has not exploded from hypocrisy.
    test
  14. MissAndrya

By your standards there is no evidence for God either. So, if we were to accept both of these positions as truth, where would that leave us?

Evolution, some claim, is God's doing. Where is your stance on that if you don't believe in it?

As for evolution itself, just the fact that we have DNA in common with ancestors, and every living thing has common cells and DNA with those found in fossils etc. should lend credence to it's possibility.
    test
  15. Coup d'état

@MA

My stance on God willing evolution is that that is completely false. I know evolution is not true, so I've been looking into how this idea is gaining popularity. And it all starts with new bible translations and Gap Theory and a general misinterpretation of Genesis to allow it any credence. (from a Cristian point of view).

Have you ever thought of DNA having a common creator, and that is why things are similar ? because new DNA codes/genomes are not created or have not been observed. In fact it's impossible. SO things could not evolved from a primordial soup in the Archean era.

DNA similarity is then not evidence, in short

also the fossil record set by geologist to favor interpretation of evolution is false. There is no geological colum...

Now, if you study how religion grew up until today and you observe the natural world agenda free...imo you can only deduce God and the bible.

I realize I sound preachy. I need a break from all this I think.

@night
    Replace the word "evolution" with "Christianity" and ask yourself how your brain has not exploded from hypocrisy. @ nightmare, this is another can of worms...
    test
  16. MissAndrya

Coup,

I have indeed thought about DNA having a common creator, or in the least...being 'genetically altered' by an outside 'something.

I think my theory on that would cause a whole new thread.

I believe I am here due to evolution, that much is true. How that evolution began is is another question.

And no. god is not the answer, imo.
    test
  17. MissAndrya

I find it curious that there are 'new' interpretations of the bible. This tells me that there were flaws in the previous interpretations (interesting they are called this to begin with), or that they were wrong altogether. Give it time, the bible will be dismissed altogether.
    test
  18. Coup d'état

the agenda today and through out history has been always to discredit the King James bible, or more accurately: God's word.

Calling it Christian does not mean anything, and I think this is a big problem today.

That is exactly why there are new interpertaions...sutbly and surely the pace is picking up. Prophecy is purposely being fulfilled by certain factions and hidden agendas imo. Vague I know, trying to keep it Short.

I would not be so quick to assume that because there are various interpretations is because the truth is being made up...it's being suppressed.

I've been meaning to make a thread about the issue.
    test
  19. Coup d'état

Start the thread when you are ready, that would be interesting.
    test
  20. MissAndrya

Interpretation is another word for 'guess'. That is to say that all current print is simply someone guessing what the truth is. With each new look at the evidence and scripture, more possibilities emerge. If 10 people who have never heard of the bible were to be given a copy to read, they would each take home something different from it. Likewise, that's why there are so many different religions....each having taken on their own interpretations and thusly forming their beliefs and rituals around such.

Perhaps after the holiday rush is finished, I will begin a new thread on my theory.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.