Perfect Pitch, attainable?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by M.Maestro, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

What do you think? I'm only asking because recently I've had an episode where I was listening to my track, and suddenly the sine wave I had went off pitch by a few cents. Now I know 3 hours before this occured, I listened to the beat and nothing was off. Everything was played in the correct key, no off notes.

Me thinking it was just my beat, I went back into FL and tried to see if I made a mistake, and I didn't. So I'm like Alright, cool. I go in and check a radio ready song (Avant - Lie About Us) And strangely enough, the notes started to slide off pitch by a few cents and I could hear them clearly sliding off key.

Right now I'm bugging, I run downstairs and I star playing on my old casio keyboard, and sure enough, the notes continued to bend and shift. (Urb probably remembers that, I was in the chat and I left because I thougth something was wrong with my head lmao).

The next day, everyhing was back to normal but now when I press down on the F key on the keyboard, I hear this slightly extra twangy sound, it rings out more than the other notes.

So I do a test, I close my eyes and hit random notes (staccato like so I don't know my location on the piano). With each note, I shake my head no; and no until I randomnly hit the F key, and when I do; I confirm that its an F key. Surely enough, when I open my eyes, my finger was on the F KEy

I ain't sayin' I got perfect pitch, but I do believe I'm developing some form of it.

Now, do you believe you can attain perfect pitch? I've done research and I've read that babies have a higher chance at getting perfect pitch. From Newborns to about the age of 6.

Do you think it's possible to attain perfect pitch through dedicated training?
    test
  2. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

And I know what relative pitch is. With relative pitch you do not hear individual notes for what they are; you only hear intervals, chords, scales, but not individual notes without any reference. And you're able to sing them back without reference.
    test
  3. Dark_Sun

Dark_Sun Phantom of the Forums

^same here...I can always harmonize with something new that I've never heard and I find myself mixing different chords and scales in my head and singing it out or humming it.
    test
  4. the exposer

the exposer The Music Luvas

yes its atainable.... im training to develop it...

my piano teacher has perfect pitch.... i can play any note and he'll be acrross the room and he can tell exactly wat note it is... sharps aswell....

i can tell any c e g on the keyboard or any c major triad... the david lucas burge perfect pitch is good investement for those who want to try and develop it...
    test
  5. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

Word, it is.

And for people who would like to develop a strong relative pitch, I reccommend this site

Music theory . net.

Go to the Ear Interval trainer and start there.

Solo Major 2nd + Perfect ••h and practice that over and over. Then Solo Major 3rd and Perfect 5th and practice those over and over.

I bet in two weeks you have developed some sort of relative pitch.
    test
  6. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

JaMarcus Cock Sucker BOSS

its attainable, but will never be as good as someone who is born with the abililty

and might i add, lack of relative pitch is the #1 reason why alotta beatmakers are garbage
    test
  7. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

I would have to agree.
    test
  8. Djay Cas

Djay Cas Woodgrain Oak

how the fuck do u sing a chord
    test
  9. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

You really don't know?

Arpeggios & Harmony. That's all harmony is. A chord; sung
    test
  10. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

Do you know any articles stating someone was born with perfect pitch or did people discover it earlier in their years?

In some articles its stated that babies from ages 2-6 have a better chance of developing perfect pitch if they are surrounded by music. If you're aren't, that part of your brain isn't developed and you lose it.

That would explain why people like Barbara Strasand, Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder have perfect pitch.

MJ was surrounded by music as a child, as well as Stevie.
    test
  11. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

I think perfect pitch is attainable for adults but only through vigorous and dedicated practice.

When I said dedicated I ain't talking about your listening session once a week, that half-assed. I mean everyday damn day for about 2 hours.
    test
  12. Djay Cas

Djay Cas Woodgrain Oak

lol fuckin with you

but im damn sure one person couldnt sign a chord. you only got one voice

unless ur venom from spider man

..............are you? venom from spider man?
    thatd be crazy
    test
  13. ni6apinoflavord

ni6apinoflavord aka beatboss

some monks can sing with a 2nd voice
    test
  14. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

JaMarcus Cock Sucker BOSS

not off the top of my head....but yeah kids can learn it at an early age quickly if exposed, this is why i'ma have my lil dude in the studio every chance i get, so he will be a beast like his daddy....
    test
  15. nipy

nipy New Member

yea kids are so smart these days.
    test
  16. Nasty Chopz

Nasty Chopz ••••••

^^ u talkin about how every instrument kinda has their own 'way' of bein tuned?? kinda hard to put this shit in words for me... makes the sound more complete/thicker/organic(????)
    test
  17. Sho-Down

Sho-Down RockItPro.com

This lady at my elementary school could sing 2-3 notes at the same time, it was crazy sounding, something was different with her vocal chords than a normal persons
    test
  18. ni6apinoflavord

ni6apinoflavord aka beatboss

I searched up overtone singing on youtube and came up with this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFWYSW4vfcA
    test
  19. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

that shit sounds crazy, like some vocoder talkbox shit. i wonder if people can actually sing words two notes at a time.
    test
  20. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.