People who went to grad school and some in undergrad.. What you do your thesis or dissertation on?

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Deep Abyss, Oct 29, 2013.

1. quotive

quotive 3

test
  2. Jammin' Jobus

Jammin' Jobus S A D B O Y S

Depends how the program is designed.

My program was intended to have lots of independent study and personal initiative to guide myself through the first 3 tests by the end of undergrad. but that didnt happen. i think if i went to a school with a stronger actuarial program (with closer ties to either of teh Actuarial societies, they might give credit)
    test
  3. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Ah, I see.

At Stony Brook they give you credit for either the first test, the second, or both.

Stony Brook is tits though a top 100 school in the WORLD. Got lucky in going there.
    test
  4. Nique09

Nique09 Member

How are you going to start your dissertation if you're not in graduate school yet? Think of the topic and do the research, but I wouldn't recommend writing it yet.

My thesis was on Resiliency in Low Income AA communities. 72 pages. Hated that semester, lol.

I would like for my dissertation to be on NFL players/Criminality. A correlational study, but that's not necessarily realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    test
  5. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Was it approved? Or are you still going through that nonsense?
    test
  6. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

i did it on keeping it fucking real
    it was one page
    consisted of a photo of me

a+
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  7. SiegeSupreme

SiegeSupreme Well-Known Member

Studying fluid mechanics in a few weeks. You gon help me with my hw.? :scared:
    test
  8. Nique09

Nique09 Member

No, it wasn't approved and I'm not even at that point yet. It's just one of the many topics that intrigues me, I doubt it gets approved though. Funding being my biggest barrier. & I would have to get approval from the NFL really. And who would my subjects be? It's not like I have access to NFL players, but I could maybe tackle it from a high school level. I love writing.

test
  9. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Could you skirt the NFL approval by simply listing them as, "Professional Football Players," and naming the NFL as, "A professional football league in America."

Probably not but there's ways around stuff like that, so I have been told.
    test
  10. Nique09

Nique09 Member

I could, but let's say one of my research questions has to do with the relationships between physical aggression, football, and criminal behavior/activity? My subjects would need to be football players. Unless of course, I use high school players, and changed my correlational study to an ANOVA (analysis of variance), in which my research question may be reworded to suggest that physical aggression/criminal activity in HS football players may predict continued criminal behavior and activity in college/professional football. Subjects would still be the players. And who would actually consent to this type of study? Lol. Part of this process is trying to find the barriers before I'm actually presented with them.

test
  11. Deep Abyss

Deep Abyss Becoming King

I did start.. In my first semester right

Thats dope.. Im in PT school now

Got my BS in exercise science and my thesis for that was moreso public health related

Trying to do something sports related for this one
    test
  12. Nique09

Nique09 Member

That's awesome. Good luck with that.

test
  13. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

No that's what I'm saying you wouldn't need to say NFL football players, you could just list them as "professional football players." That way you could also use former Arena League players, Canadian Football players, thus widening your potential variable group (I'd assume you'd use an average person who had not played pro-ball as a control).

As far as approval, you'd only need it in the case of the interviews, since there are numerous public studies done by respected scholars on the correlation to cite.

I wouldn't be surprised if you found a good portion of former football players willing to talk on the said correlation.

Just don't, in anyway, associate it directly to NFL.

Just an idea of course. I'm sure you've already done this but dept. heads are a great help. Just don't go to someone who is also going for their Master's. I've heard stories of stolen dissertations.
    test