people who claim religion brought upon labels and segregates society ...

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Nu'maaN, May 27, 2013.

1. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

... and ends up dividing normal human beings.

usually these are the atheist folk, and i agree with them fully.

however, to not consider themselves a part of the problem is being ignorant.

you guys have your own label of being an atheist and you claim it proudly.

so either way, there will always be labels and differences.

if you can think of one way to abolish labels, what would it be?

:numaan:
    test
  2. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

You're an idiot.
    test
  3. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

i don't think we should abolish labels.

the only thing that makes religious conflicts seem so unnecessary is from our perspective they're literally fighting over imaginary shit. other than that, people disagreeing with each other is the engine that drives progress.
    test
  4. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

Except atheist never conduct crusades which hunts or jiihads imo..
    test
  5. AliceHouse

Which hunts what?
    test
  6. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

I know atheists which hunt. many in fact.
    test
  7. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

typical atheist arrogance. i'm smart, you're dumb. fuck that shit.

you believe it's imaginary, i believe it isn't, to you your beliefs, to me mine.

don't give me that shit.

what about hitler's holocaust? stalin's 61 million? mao's 70 million?

remove religion from the table, you'll still have wars over oil, money, power.

so don't come in here playing the atheist advocate by saying shit that doesn't make sense.

this thread was meant to remove the us vs them mentality, you're not helping.

test
  8. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Dont mind lp. hes just a ball of confusion right now.
    test
  9. reggie jax

typical religious hyper-sensitivity. i conditioned my statement with "from our perspective." you want to tolerate people's beliefs? those are my beliefs. deal with it.
    test
  10. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

i am dealing with it, i said to you your belief, to me mine.

but acting like you have more intelligence then the next man because of his beliefs?

i care less what you guys think about islam, there's people who claim we worship a moon, so.

test
  11. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

his confusion > you.

any fucking day of the week, so.

not because of your beliefs, but because you're just a shit person.

test
  12. reggie jax

when did i say anything about intelligence?

let me ask you a question: how is it possible for me to be an atheist while not considering religious concepts to be imaginary? you're reading insults that aren't there.
    test
  13. AliceHouse

Your beliefs are getting people killed. Every day.

Besides, you know well enough that the whole 'no compulsion in religion' was only in effect when Muhammad couldn't enforce it. Once he became a warlord, he was all about killng the non-muslims. So...

None of that was in the name of atheism, but all about many other things. Not the least of which is nationalism, a dangerous sister thought pattern to religion.

It's a point ignorant theists use to justify their beliefs, but it falls apart when used against anyone who actually studies history.

The scarcity mindset is a dangerous thing. However, because of relgion, the ability to put an end to these wars have been severely crippled.

Stem cell research, for example, would progress leaps and bounds towards healing the sick. Nuclear technology would end our dependance on oil. And putting religious institutions as part of the market would greatly ease monetary stress. But religious institutions never want to do the right thing.

Bullshit, and you know it.
    test
  14. frankwhite 1

frankwhite 1 thirteen

you think global atheism would significantly reduce the amount of violence, crime, and war?

:funny:

i'm polytheist; i'm a moslem when it suits, like the last time i was in prison. christian when i feel like taking advantage of charitable people, but jewish when niggas looking for handouts. so i'm usually jewish
    test
  15. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

At least if we remove religion from the table we couldnt blame it for the wars anymore...

Im not 100% atheist btw bc deep down I cant seem to let go of this bond ive created with me n god but I think religion needs a swift kick in the nuts or an updated version

Buf what pisses me off most is uneducTed followers that pick n choose
    test
  16. IAmBenT

IAmBenT Eat a dick, faggot

So basically you stand for nothing, bro?

Cmon man.

Most atheists fit a certain "educated" demographic. So it makes sense that they can "come off" as arrogant and seem "smarter" than us regular folks.

Labels are divisive. I have met Atheists who, as soon as they are aware of my beliefs, instantly consider me dumb or less than. This is not a problem of atheism, just a culture issue with these specific people.

If you don't or can't or won't believe, thats on you. The Word tells us that ALL His children will get a CHANCE to know Him, don't mean they will take that chance.

Debate is the engine of progress, however. I predict we will see alot of people start questioning things like never before in the next 20 years.

Just some thoughts
    test
  17. reggie jax

i would concede that atheism causes some people to think they're smarter than believers. i might make this mistake sometimes but i try to check myself by remembering the people who believe that are smarter than i am.

the reason for this arrogance is very simple... from our perspective, even if you're a highly intelligent religious devotee (like say francis collins), you're still making absurd claims that you can't substantiate.

it's no different from ordinary people thinking they're smarter than conspiracy theorists, ufo chasers, or bigfoot spotters. these absurdities make people assume their adherents are unintelligent, but that's not necessarily the case. you can be a genius and still be profoundly wrong in your beliefs.

however, nu'maan's charge of arrogance in this thread is just religious hyper-sensitivity. nowhere did i imply i was smarter than him, he read that when it wasn't there. maybe he thinks it would make religious people stupid for them to fight over imaginary shit?

in any case, it's impossible to disagree with any particular religion without thinking that their spiritual beliefs are entirely imaginary. so if it offends you to suggest it, then that's probably just a residual effect of religion's long-standing reliance on dogma to reinforce its core belief structure.
    test
  18. AliceHouse

I, on the other hand, absolutely did claim to be smarter than Newman.

Also, Bigfoot is real.
    test
  19. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

hahahah.

fair enough, understood.

this is what i have my qualms about.

you cunts don't care why we are fighting or even that we are.

you just want moments to display your banners of supposed superior intelligence.

when you dismiss belief systems as "imaginary shit" it's implied that you are above it.

read between the lines, that just means "fuck your stupid myths, i believe in facts".

if you disagree, riddle me why atheists are in a religious discussion forum? seriously, answer that.

you're an intelligent being, i give you that, you will not have your beliefs shaken by religious folk.

so why are you on a religious discussion forum if not to just dismiss their shit as imaginary?

just to re-iterate the idea that atheists are smart because they believe in facts?

anyway i've responded to you via pm, don't want to derail this thread into a shit stain.

test
  20. reggie jax

i can't speak for anyone else, but i respond to topics for a variety of reasons. sometimes i think they're interesting, sometimes i genuinely care about them, and sometimes i just feel compelled the debunk the flawed logic that people use to try to substantiate absurd claims.

i don't think you'll find me going in threads to talk about how the holy spirit is imaginary just for the sake of dismissing shit. i might have done so before, but i've tried to steer away from that kind of discourse. usually i only bother when people start making factual claims (see the thread about dinosaurs or the one about the origins of noah's ark) or when they use their religious faith to make arguments on morality (see bigpayback's thread on gays). those things are things i will discuss because they actually interest me or because i care about the implications.

and i'm sorry, but no, you're still grasping at straws when you act like calling something imaginary is implying that i'm intellectually above everyone who believes it. presumably you don't believe in the various hindu gods or in the divinity of christ, therefore by your logic you think you are intellectually above all hindus and christians.

the fact is you directed this question to atheists. all i did was give you a straight forward explanation for why atheists think that religion creates unnecessary divisions. if you presume that religions (or at least one particular religion) are not comprised of imaginary beliefs, then those divisions are meaningful and not at all unnecessary.
    test