People seem to COIN GOD to be a ruthless tyrant

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by lyricalpriest, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

when i find it to be the exact opposite

i've heard people call god

a

god that encourages

RAPE
    MURDER
    RACISM
    SEXISM
    SLAVERY

but i see a different god

The Bible contains more than 300 verses on the poor, social justice, and God's deep concern for both.

Deut. 26:5-9. The Egyptians treated us harshly and afflicted us, and imposed hard labor on us. Then we cried to the LORD, the God of our fathers, and the LORD heard our voice and saw our affliction and our toil and our oppression; and the LORD brought us out of Egypt with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm and with great terror and with signs and wonders; and He has brought us to... this land flowing with milk and honey.

Luke 4:16-21. And He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up; and as was His custom, He entered the synagogue on the Sabbath, and stood up to read... "The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me, because He appointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor. He has sent Me to proclaim release to the captives, and recovery of sight to the blind, to set free those who are downtrodden, to proclaim the favorable year of the LORD... Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing."

Ps. 140:12. I know that the LORD will maintain the cause of the afflicted, and justice for the poor.

Is. 25:4. For You have been a defense for the helpless, a defense for the needy in his distress.

Ps. 10:14. The unfortunate commits himself to You; You have been the helper of the orphan... O LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will strengthen their heart, You will incline Your ear to vindicate the orphan and the oppressed.

Is 41:17. The afflicted and needy are seeking water, but there is none, and their tongue is parched with thirst. I, the LORD, will answer them Myself, as the God of Israel I will not forsake them.

Luke 6:20-21. Blessed are you who are poor, for yours in the kingdom of God. Blessed are you who hunger now, for you shall be satisfied. Blessed are you who weep now, for you shall laugh.

James 2:5. Did not God choose the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?

Deut. 15:7. If there is a poor man among you, one of your brothers, in any of the towns of the land which the LORD your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart, nor close your hand to your poor brother; but you shall freely open your hand to him, and generously lend him sufficient for his need in whatever he lacks.

Deut. 26:12. When you have finished paying the complete tithe of your increase in the third year, the year of tithing, then you shall give it to the Levite, to the stranger, to the orphan and the widow, that they may eat in your towns, and be satisfied.

Lev. 19:19ff. Now when you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not reap to the very corners of your field, neither shall you gather the gleanings of your harvest. Nor shall you glean your vineyard, nor shall you gather the fallen fruit of your vineyard; you shall leave them for the needy and for the stranger. I am the LORD your God.

Prov. 31:8ff. [Commandment to kings.] Open your mouth for the dumb, for the rights of all the unfortunate. Open your mouth, judge righteously, and defend the rights of the afflicted and needy.

Is. 58:66ff. Is this not the fast which I choose, to loosen the bonds of wickedness, to undo the bands of the yoke, and to let the oppressed go free, and break every yoke? Is it not to divide your bread with the hungry, and bring the homeless poor into the house; when you see the naked, to cover him, and not to hide yourself from your own flesh?

Jer. 22:3. Do justice and righteousness, and deliver the one who has been robbed from the power of his oppressor. Also do not mistreat or do violence to the stranger, the orphan, or the widow; and do not shed innocent blood in this place.

Luke 12:33. "Sell your possessions and give to charity; make yourselves purses which do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near, nor moth destroys."

Luke 3:11. And [John the Baptist] would answer and say to them, "Let the man with two tunics share with him who has none, and let him who has food do likewise."

Mt. 5:42. Give to him who asks of you, and do not turn away from him who wants to borrow from you.

Prov. 22:9 He who is generous will be blessed, for he gives some of his food to the poor.

Jer. 22:16 "Did not your father eat and drink, and do justice and righteousness? Then it was well with him. He pled the cause of the afflicted and needy; then it was well. Is that not what it means to know Me?" declares the LORD.

Deut. 15:10. You shall give generously to [your poor brother], and your heart shall not be grieved when you give to him, because for this thing the LORD your God will bless you in all your work and in all your undertakings.

Prov. 19:17. He who is gracious to a poor man lends to the LORD, and He will repay him for his good deed.

Jer. 7:5-7. "For, if you truly amend your ways and your deeds, if you truly practice justice between a man and his neighbor, if you do not oppress the alien, the orphan, and the widow, and do not shed innocent blood in this place, nor walk after other gods to your own ruin, then I will let you dwell in this place, in the land that I gave to your fathers forever and ever."

Is. 58:10. "And if you give yourself to the hungry, and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then your light will rise in darkness, and your gloom will become like midday. And the LORD will continually guide you, and satisfy your desire in scorched places, and give strength to your bones; and you will be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water whose waters do not fail."

Luke 14:12-14. "When you give a luncheon or a dinner, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your relatives or rich neighbors, lest they also invite you in return, and repayment come to you. But when you give a reception, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, since they do not have the means to repay you; for you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous."

Luke 12:44. "Sell your possessions and give alms; make yourselves purses which do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near, nor moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

Mt. 19:20ff. The young man said to Him, "All these commands I have kept; what am I still lacking?" Jesus said to him, "If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

i guess i won't post all 300 hundred
    test
  2. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

Im not going to deny that there are passages in the bible which paint God in a good light. But how can you deny the bad parts. Its not that people just come out with unfounded claims. Its written in the same book. A God of wrath and vengeance. How can you ask that Atheists keep an open mind but you seem to be exempt?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

"Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God." — Exodus 34:14[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“The LORD saw how great man’s wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time. The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain. So the LORD said, “I will wipe out mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth — men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air — for I am grieved that I have made them.” — Genesis 6:5-7

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"As surely as I live, says the Sovereign LORD, I will cut you off completely. I will show you no pity at all because you have defiled my Temple with idols and vile practices. A third of your people will die in the city from famine and disease. A third of them will be slaughtered by the enemy outside the city walls. And I will scatter a third to the winds and chase them with my sword. Then at last my anger will be spent, and I will be satisfied. And when my fury against them has subsided, all Israel will know that I, the LORD, have spoken to them in my jealous anger. "So I will turn you into a ruin, a mockery in the eyes of the surrounding nations and to everyone who travels by. You will become an object of mockery and taunting and horror. You will be a warning to all the nations around you. They will see what happens when the LORD turns against a nation in furious rebuke. I, the LORD, have spoken!” ---- Ezekiel 5:11-15

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.” ---- Deuteronomy 20:10-14[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"In the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them — the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites — as the LORD your God has commanded you."— Deuteronomy 20:16-17[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Then the LORD said to me, "Even if Moses and Samuel stood before me pleading for these people, I wouldn't help them. Away with them! Get them out of my sight! And if they say to you, 'But where can we go?' tell them, 'This is what the LORD says: Those who are destined for death, to death; those who are destined for war, to war; those who are destined for famine, to famine; those who are destined for captivity, to captivity.' "I will send four kinds of destroyers against them," says the LORD. "I will send the sword to kill, the dogs to drag away, the vultures to devour, and the wild animals to finish up what is left. Because of the wicked things Manasseh son of Hezekiah, king of Judah, did in Jerusalem, I will make my people an object of horror to all the kingdoms of the earth.”---- Jeremiah 15:1-4 [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“You are my battle-ax and sword," says the LORD. "With you I will shatter nations and destroy many kingdoms. With you I will shatter armies, destroying the horse and rider, the chariot and charioteer. With you I will shatter men and women, old people and children, young men and maidens. With you I will shatter shepherds and flocks, farmers and oxen, captains and rulers. "As you watch, I will repay Babylon and the people of Babylonia for all the wrong they have done to my people in Jerusalem," says the LORD. "Look, O mighty mountain, destroyer of the earth! I am your enemy," says the LORD. "I will raise my fist against you, to roll you down from the heights. When I am finished, you will be nothing but a heap of rubble. You will be desolate forever. Even your stones will never again be used for building. You will be completely wiped out," says the LORD.”---- Jeremiah 51:20-26[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Its the battle for the minds. Battle gets ugly. But watch when God completely lets them do what they want then theyll realize he was there all along.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  4. lyricalpriest

your right, but you have to understand the culture and the times to understand what god is saying her. His people were cultivating there empire, they couldn't afford to do certain things for it would be the demise of there future. god being the creator of all. puts him in a position of delegation.
    he is holy therefor his holy vengence or holy jealousy isn't fueled by selfish ambition like mankinds but for the better good of his whole kingdom
    we are his body, so if a certain part is infected beyond cure, he must amputate that limp, so it doesn't spread to infect the rest of the body right?

god don't go around smiting people like.. "moses, i am jealous that you love ur wife.. so now ima beat yo ass " rather he tells us to LOVE our wife as we loved god. correct? God was only jealous upon wrath when his people worshipped other fake gods. that shit pissed him off. you have to look at god as he would look at us as his children. dads get jealous when their kids call other men dads right? they might be able to understand that the kids doesn't know any better, but after he gives them thorough guidance and the child continues to disrespect. is the father hateful bc he punishes the child? no he is justifiable and correct.
    test
  5. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Maybe people shouldn't give God so much credit as to label him a ruthless tyrant then. I think they might be giving off the wrong impression, and making a mouse into an elephant.

I'm becoming more of the mind of late that God is a pipsqueak who cannot stand up for himself.
    test
  6. lyricalpriest

that's understandable.. but it's more like this, god has stood up for his people. his people rejected him.. even now more so then ever. god will give US the strength to stand up, if we only submit wholly to him. otherwise, where not his people, and he won't intervene, we've chosen what we chosen

BUT 4 real tho

god does allow people to suffer and to hurt and die, but not more then they can handle, and 9 times out of 10 that person that endured tragedies can use that to touch and reach others with compassion and .

some times god allows one person to be raped/beat/enslaved. so they can be a living testament for others in that position.

if bill gates came to me trying to sympathise with my financial situation i wouldn't believe he had the tools nor the capacity to understand poverty.

but if some one from (for example) from the streets came to me, and put his testimony out there, and i related then i could say to my self "this is for me, if it was for him, then it is for me too"

with out growth theres no change, its like a sky without rain joy without pain. The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all.
    test
  7. snowy

I think the fault is to imbue a deity with human emotions. It puts him in the area of having fallen to our level able to commit sins left and right. Somehow since hes God hes exempt from our judgment on him. But when we sin and without begging for forgiveness from him are doomed to eternal damnation.

I believe that by choosing a select group of people to build up his kingdom he falls victim to PRIDE in his work. And shows that he played favoritism with his creations. And if he found fault with his creation then his obvious inaction to correct it shows SLOTH on his part. Fine he rested on the seventh day, but maybe he should of put in another weeks work into his creation. He DESPAIRS over our choices, giving us freewill to choose from any of the choices he laid before us including evil. If he is in fact an omniscient God then the freewill w/ evil bylaw is just as possible as the freewill without evil bylaw. He obviously shows WRATH left and right. In his eyes we have the choice of eternal servitude to his will or eternal damnation. He shows ENVY of other portrayals of Gods, but he doesnt say "let them be judged when they pass" so much as he says "kill them kill them all, men women children they all deserve death for their disobedience". Displaying an inherent GLUTTONOUS GREED for the prayers, tributes, or tithes of all men on Earth to be channelled to him and him alone.

If we sinned at all the fault is his. Our faults are his. His first mistake was creating us in his image. That of a "ruthless tyrant".
    test
  8. lyricalpriest

hmm.. i aknowledge your point. im thinking now
    test
  9. snowy

I say hes PRO-SLAVERY cause thats all we are to him. SLAVES. Do you think it was/is right slavemasters then and now to give their slaves the illusion of choice. "You can work for me for the rest of your life obediently or I can throw you in a inescapable pit devoid of anything resembling life with daily torturing". Its not that different from the choice God gives us. Unquestioning Obedience or Eternal Damnation. But hey at least we have the choice right.
    test
  10. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

God is a vengeful God, says so in the bible. He doesn't hesitate to kill anyone who is a threat to his people or word...including women and children. Stop making the bible into such a magical book full of happy feelings and wishes....Even tho it does have happy points as well as bad points
    test
  11. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

PS there is no eternal torment
    test
  12. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

I am God.

You are God.

We are God.

God is us.

God, Tao, pervades all. Evolution is spurred by the universal will. All that you see is the manifestation of the universal will.

Stop anthropomorphizing. Stop seeing yourself as some individual consciousness/lump of matter separate from God.

Stop looking at the Abrahamic religions as anything more than vehicles towards a greater spiritual awareness that offer sound philosophies to live your life by.

Ritualism and blind obedience to millenia old pieces of literature isn't necessary to connect to God. You are already vessels of God, that universal will.
    test
  13. lyricalpriest

i liked what dex said.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.