People don't know how to enjoy rap music anymore.

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Look im Gangsta, Feb 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_MRB

The_MRB infiltrate your border

i was actually thinking about this when wiping up after my afternoon wank and i do agree but not wholeheartly, altho it is more than lyrics, if u have quoteables it does help to an extent, if it was jus a good song peeps would have 2 do listen 2 it to generate heat, and expensive or a long process (especially for me who doesnt have downloading programs) so at the end of the day i wouldnt be arsed, but with a quoteable, u have something to go on. maybe at the end of the day thats nothing to do with enjoying the music, but if someone spits a hot line it does add to the overall enjoyment of the track no matter what the rest sounds like
    test
  2. gotband4nothing

gotband4nothing New Member

test
  3. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

BAHAHAHA!
    test
  4. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

Nobody listens to the science of flows anymore...
    test
  5. Tha Cunnysmythe

^Most people don't know that much about music theory. I'm Grade 5 theory and know nothing of most of what you discuss. Where have you accumulated all of it, anyway?
    test
  6. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

Nowhere lol. I was in sound engineering in my vocational high school for a year before I got kicked out of school. That's the closest thing to any musical education that I have... other than that it's just from reading various books and getting ripped out of my mind and listening to hip-hop 24/7 for like 13 years.

I swear - there's so much technique and structure to the way cats flow, and when I hear people sayin "they have no flow" 'cause it doesn't follow a back-and-forth pattern and bar-cycle, I'm just like wtf? 'cause I hear so much dope shit goin' on with the flow. I listen to flows the same way I look for different rhyme schemes, and the only word I can think of for it is intricacy. There's so many ways to attack a beat and adjust the cadence of every syllable depending on whatever sounds are in it and what word.

The best example I can think of right now is someone like Raekwon... he doesn't have anything even close to a Fabolous or Ludacris flow, but I swear the way he syncopates his syllables, and times his completely out-of-order rhyme scheme to bounce across, or stop and start on a drum pattern is just insane to me. To me that's the most interesting kind of flow... it's the same shit everybody gives Biggie so much props for - Biggie never had a back and forth flow, but he attacked the rythm and structure of a beat and just let shit land where it fit.
    test
  7. SmoothPimpin

SmoothPimpin New Member

LMFAO
    test
  8. Meta_Mayne

Meta_Mayne Sup my Niger?

Props.
    test
  9. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

You coulda just siad you agreed.
    test
  10. Tha Cunnysmythe

^It was the answer to my question.
    test
  11. THEDONN- closed

THEDONN- closed pac and biggie rule 4eva

yea and mtv got sum bomb shows, tv is the shit u square
    test
  12. split desishin

split desishin New Member

nas is sick....immortal technique can suck my dick...
    test
  13. Meta_Mayne

Meta_Mayne Sup my Niger?

lol.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.