People don't know how to enjoy rap music anymore.

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Look im Gangsta, Feb 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

''I don't see how the beat can make the words sound different'' - Donn something. He said something to that effect.

I know its a blanket opinion in that he is a moron but he spoke for alot of people with that.

It's all well and good people pay attention to what a rapper is saying but there are more than just political/social lyrics to a song.

The delivery and flow, the beat, the originality of the lyrics and the concept. No one seems to care. At least not near enough as they should.

My obsevation, not just on this site but offline, is that people are willing to sacrifice every other element of a track just for that 'meaningful' bar. That bar you'll find in 500 sigs over the internet, the bar you'll find scrawled on 14million text books and murals worldwide.

Immortal Tec fans seem to be able to completly ignore the fact he can't flow for shit, when he is actually trying to rap. Probably because they are too busy calling people like me ''ignorant or uneducated'' because we can't justify the lack of a dope beat, flow, delivery and a NEW FUCKING CONCEPT over some hypocritcal lyrics that are some warped version of what Nas, Mos, Ricky D, Cube, Chuck were saying right up untill 96.

Personally I think Nas is still sick as fuck. I think Stillmatic, while not classic, shows he has it. I think Nastradamus was on of the most enjoyable albums I've listened to in my entire life. But it was slammed because he wouldn't dedicate it to some ''meaningful tracks that we've seen right up untill nastradamus''. (Some reveiwer he quoted in an interveiw recently)

Since then everything he has put out has been fucking dire to me. Lyrics. Political and social lyrics take priority over theifs theme,Dance, LRNA, Disciple, Made you look... All 'It aint hard to tell' or 'Undying Love' calibre tracks. So Nas aint even close to fallen off. But people pass them up for Message to the Feds, Rule, UBR etc ''because they say more, they are more relavent''.

So fuck the other elements that made his discography what it is?

You can see he wants to naturally evolve to Theifs Theme and shit that is more typically Nas but he puts out some political crap (again contradicting himself) because people wont fucking love him otherwise.

Same with Eminem and this 'SSLP' image. Encore was a genuine attmept at SSLP in my eyes. Encore on a related note was beyond dire.

I've proably missed my point so here's something that might hammer it home.

''In related news, Rap giant and the father of bounce who brought you albums such as the chronic, the documentary, MMLP, 2001 and Restless, has decided to put more effort (or money) into his lyrics by replacing ghost writers such as Eminem, Snoop, Devin and Jigga with Immortal Tecnique and Nas (SD Nas) so he can appeal to their fans instead of his own. ''

Bottom line, people loved Nas in 94' because he took beats and ripped them in the mannor he knows how. People loved Mos Def because he was a ''deep brother with two eyes very wide open'' along with his label mates Common and Talib Kweli who could make you nod your head.

Now people hate them purely because they aren't preaching Michael Moore enough.
    test
  2. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

I agree with alot of what you are saying but beats along with lyrics are all opinion, i rather like Immortal Techs beats as well as his lyrics. And if i had a choice of listening to a rapper say the same gangsta, ho, bitches thing or talking about their bling or something meaningful and still sick. Its NOT a hard choice to pick the last one.
    test
  3. Look im Gangsta

Im not saying it has to be gangsta. The topics in which rappers pic aren't on either side of the coin. There is more to rap than 'gangsta' and ' Politcally meaningful'.

Eminems random what ever it is.
    Last Emp, DMXs hardship emotional raps.
    Nas' banter and lyricsm on illmatic through stillmatic.
    Mos Def and Kweli sparring on Blackstarr.
    Red and Meth
    Cash Money and... well money.
    Outkast with what seems to be anyting that crosses their mind

None of them are talking about politics or Gs half the time. They do drop the odd meaningful lyric admittedly, more so Kweli.
    test
  4. The_MRB

The_MRB infiltrate your border

agree on what your tryna say but not on some of the examples u used
    test
  5. revolutionary

revolutionary New Member

Immortal technique got one of the best flows
    test
  6. The_MRB

test
  7. THEDONN- closed

THEDONN- closed pac and biggie rule 4eva

imortal is different his flow aint ill like biggies, but he speaks on real shit in the world, i like that

its all about what the rapper is saying.

of course the flow, lyrics, delivery all that shit comes wit what he is saying, emotion, the passion, etc.

dont see why ravers hate on rappers, yall not hiphop.....yall cant identify what every rapper's story is, ur not hiphop, go back to listening to metal!
    test
  8. The_MRB

lmao, i like immortal technique but his flow is wack, i hate metal with a passion and im sure arabfat does, JUST LOOK AT HIS FUCKIN TITLE FOR FUCKS SAKE, HES ARGUEING BASICALLY FOR U! your fuckin MTV Hip Hop not the real hip hop
    test
  9. THEDONN- closed

THEDONN- closed pac and biggie rule 4eva

i hardl,y watch video's buddy.yes i like katz who on mtv like nas, jayz, nelly, ja rule, i also like katz who didnt make it to mtv rotation like canibus, so many katz are on mtv, LL cool j, mos def, i love it all, cuz i am hiphop.
    test
  10. Look im Gangsta

MTV is more than videos.

You naming rappers mean nothing.
    test
  11. Look im Gangsta

I'm not hip hop?

Anyway, nigga, IT has no emotion, not even in his story telling, he cant flow and his voice is bland as fuck.
    test
  12. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Honestly, who the fuck cares. Why would you worry about how someone else enjoys something.

Like saying, Guys just dont enjoy blowjobs the way they used to....wtf? Nigs worry too much about each other and other peoples opinions on here. I dont give a shit about someone elses opinion, you cant change it, so why let it bother you.
    test
  13. Look im Gangsta

Stop being so fucking stupid.

Why do you run around insulting people who dont like Jay Z?

Its all the same.
    test
  14. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Find 1 post where I insulted someone who dont like Jay-Z and I will send you 100 dollars. I might have insulted someone, but not for that reason. Quit getting so tense and emotional about this shit. Its gonna be ok...I promise.
    test
  15. Look im Gangsta

Find?

You call me a moron and shit like that all the time in the past.

Stop assuming people give a shit son. For some one who claims he dont care you certainly do worry alot about how much other people do.
    test
  16. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

No I dont. Find me a post where im concerned about someone elses opinion and Ill send you another 100. I simply state my own opinions, half the time I dont even argue them anymore, because its worthless. I really dont care, I like discussing shit, to see other peoples opinions, but I dont take them to heart or care.
    Its interesting. Like you, obviously upset because I do like Jay-Z, which is why you bring it up more than me. Its just funny, that my liking Jay-Z can upset and disrupt another human beings life, on another continent no less. haha
    test
  17. mike ockburns

mike ockburns New Member

I get what you're saying.. good lyrics don't necessarily make a good song, it has to sound good too. Good beats and delivery are what seperates good lyricists from good rap artists. I agree with that if that is what you're saying. In my opinion good lyrics are essential too though, for the song to be truly good and not just catchy.

Immortal Technique has a terrible flow, but he does have a lot of emotion.. I don't know where you got that he has no emotion from but that's wrong. Anger is an emotion, and he sounds pissed in almost every song.
    test
  18. Look im Gangsta

Show me how you come to the conclusion I got hurt feelings.
    test
  19. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

The demeanor in which you respond. But honestly, I dont know if you care or not, but I dont. Id be happy to discuss something, but this petty net arguing aint my style. So Im done with that.
    test
  20. Look im Gangsta

I do what interests me, keeps me entertained.

I have two 'tones' of post. ~~~~~~~~~ and lazy.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.