People are too obsessed with video games...

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Vember2, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vember2

Vember2 New Member

"what system is gonna be better" "omg, i cant wait" and everyone in this awed anticipation, who cares? its just a fuckin video game machine..i swear, everyones drooling over tha shit, all youre gonna do is spend more money to sit endless hours playing a game

sad the direction shit is goin in these days. my point being u shouldnt totally ignore them, but people are taking it way too serious and talking about it way too much.
    test
  2. Sho-Down

Sho-Down RockItPro.com

I'd advise you not to go to the ign.com or gamespot.com forums lol, those kids are CRAZY. I didn't think people cared THAT much about video games until I started posting a little in those forums, it's insane.

I'm excited about the next gen systems because of the technology direction we're headed in, but I don't get involved in those cat fights about what console is better and the whole "omg I cant freakin wait dude! ps2 for life!" lol shits stupid
    test
  3. Vember2

Vember2 New Member

the technology hasnt made the games anymore enjoyable than they were back in the supernintendo days, it just made it more expensive is all
    test
  4. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

haha, that's true. the other day we were sitting around playing mortal kombat 6 on xbox, then everybody was like, man put on mortal kombat 2 on the sega genesis and we played that for hours
    test
  5. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

I never got caught up in system wars.. i thought they were retarded.. comp brings out the best in people though.. buti really dont care, because im getting all 3
    test
  6. Vembeezy

Vembeezy New Member

^rich bastad
    test
  7. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

hell no.. im going to wait for the price to drop..

they'll eventually drop 70-100$
    test
  8. The HUnter

The HUnter Forgotten legend.

i wouldn't say i'm obsessed, i don't really know too much about the upcoming gaming systems, but just based on the games that come out for it, and it's reliablity in its previous two iterations, i'm most likely going to cop the ps3.

it's just a hobby, but for some, it's a lifestyle.

to each their own.
    test
  9. Esko

Esko Retired M O D

sure it has...the better it looks, the more you can get into it and the better it makes the gaming experience...
    test
  10. Vember2

Vember2 New Member

the more you can get into it? graphics dont make gameplay. look at the nba games, theyre 1000000x better graphics than supernintendo days, but the Supernintendo basketball games (live) are a lot more fun to play.

n im not talkin about those who its a lifestyle, even a hobby..i play video games maybe once a week, thaz all fine and good, but if you play it as a "hobby" for more than 3 days a week somethin is wrong wit u.
    also look at zelda, back in SNES days it was a much better game...so no, graphics dont add to fun at all
    test
  11. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

i think its just cause you were a kid...and you were more amazed by video games....you get older.....you think differently of entertainment...
    kids of today dont wanna play no damn nes or snes games....they think of halo and final fantasy the way we thought about mike tysons punchout or zelda
    test
  12. AGENTSPITS

AGENTSPITS Got A BJ From AVA DEVINE!

if video games back then were as good as videos games now, people would be playing the classic shit more often then they do

of course those games back in the day were SICKKKK for the time they came out and we sometimes will go back and play them NOW but its just not the same after u've played xbox, ps2 or any other newer shit

once in a while i'll play some old school ass games on my computer, like nes or sega genisis games, and they are dope for a little while but they get boring quick

cause now adays u can save games, play full seasons with tons more options, shit is way more enjoyable today, u can play against people through xbox live, etc

ur out ur mind son

i aint a video game fanatic but i enjoy video games when i have free time and feel like playing some games. and i'll def be pickin up that xbox 360
    test
  13. Vember2

Vember2 New Member

^well its also moreso stuff like that is, You have jus as much fun wit SNES as X box now, but when you upgrade like that, and u get used to X box, Snes seems like its not as fun becuz you downgraded and youre used to "better" games, but if all u ever knew was SNES then it would be jus as fun...

anyone see wha im gettin at? but this thread aint so much about that in total, i jus dont get at all how people care about this shit, the graphics make the games suck more to me cus its like, overwhelming in a way theres way too many games and systems out, and all these graphics
    test
  14. Mortal Deity

Mortal Deity Street Apostle

Graphics sometimes hurt the game because of camera angles, gameplay is not as smooth, u brush up against a wall close and your character can't be seen etc...

Eventually technology will get to the point where graphics won't affect the above named and that will be the day games (especially sports titles) will be something to behold.

Myself i can sit down and play an old game and have fun with it and switch to a new game and have fun with it too. It's almost better to play the old games just for the simple fact that it takes you back in years...like it's a special feeling i get when i sit down and play the old Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat games opposed to the newer ones. It's like "yeah...i remember this, this is my game"
    test
  15. Infamous-J

Infamous-J O.G.

lol, by that time the next generation will be ready to come out....
    test
  16. Sho-Down

Sho-Down RockItPro.com

I played my NES and Sega a few months ago and that shit got boring within 10 minutes lol. I was excited as hell too because I hadn't played them in years. I remember playing those games for 5 hrs straight when I was a kid but now they can't even hold my attention for 10 minutes.

Yea they were fun back then, so was Atari but those games hold no weight at all against what's coming.
    test
  17. Vember2

Vember2 New Member

word, i feel u on that, takes me back to my youth a little bit...feel problem free somewhat n like i used to.

as for Sho-down thaz exactly my point i posted above. The new games arent any more fun to play than the old ones are. Its jus they make the old ones seem boring in comparison cus you expect so much now.
    test
  18. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

what you talkin bout? shit is more calmed now then ever.....have you ever heard of the video game crash of 1984? there were literally hundreds of systems out.....nintendo was the first company to really put video gaming on lockdown.....before nintendo....there were literally HUNDREDS of companies making consoles and games......and they were all shitty......cause they were trying to cash in on the game industry since it was new........

its only after nintendo and sega stepped in that you had quality in gaming.....

http://darkwatcher.psxfanatics.com/console/

read up on it

you tell me metal gear on nes was better then metal gear solid on the ps and ps2......lol....technology has helped games get better.....
    back in the days a lot of games were just platformers too.......with technology we have created new genre's within video games
    test
  19. XplicitConceptz

XplicitConceptz HasNoChanceWitAmille

^thats why im talking about the SNES era......not the NES
    test
  20. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

Fuck all that, I still play NES as much as the day I got it 15 years ago!

My Ps2 is collecting dust.

Actually I been playing my original Nintendo, but I can put that into retirement since I figured out an emulator that works on the Playstation that plays over 900 NES games burnt on a single CD-R.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.