Penn's camp accuses St. Pierre of cheating

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Big K, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

and bas is pretty cool
    test
  2. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Rogan is VERY VERY VERY GOOD 10th Planet Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner himself so he knows that ground game very very VERY well. Probably as good as a lotta MMA Fighters that are in the ring. So I respect his commentary....

But everyone always has bias...
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  3. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

mauro's my fav as well. I like Bas, but not so much on commentary. mauro and rogan would be a good team imo.
    test
  4. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

personally i like rogan. but everyone else i know hates him lol. i do think mike goldburg sucks. hes been commentating for like what 10 years and still doesn't know shit about the sport.

rogans cool. the only thing i don't like is his rubber guard talk. i hate eddie bravo. his whole rubber guard technique is cool... but the rubber guard has been around since before he was born, yet he slapped a name on it, gave a bunch of variations corny ass names and now they stick (especially with people like rogan since he trains with him). "got him in lock down, moving to the jiu claw" shits retarded. people were doing rubber guard long before eddie published his book and called it rubber guard.

anyways, i think rogans cool, mike goldburg doesn't really know shit, bas is of course the shit.
    test
  5. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I never knew that. Thanks for teaching me something new. I do think the rubber guard is EXTREMELY EFFECTIVE THO'. I wanna learn it and master it.

Seems like everyone does go to Bravo for it tho'....
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  6. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

i thought it was pretty common knowledge that Bravo claims the rubber guard.
    test
  7. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

For a guy who hasn't competed in submission grappling for almost a decade due to admittedly being too lazy to train, has never had an MMA match, and doesn't even have any notable long term students, Bravo sure has a lot of hype in the MMA world. Marketing seems more important than accomplishments, results, etc in a lot of the martial arts world.

As far as announcing, Mir recently jumped on the Bravo bandwagon, too. He criticized Tamura big time for not being able to submit/sweep fucking Wagneey Fabiano while using the "rubber guard" and "lockdown". It's was also cringeworthy to hear a top level MMA fighter seriously use the term "crackhead control".

Nino was definitely owning people with the "rubber guard" way before Bravo stepped on a mat. Bravo certainly didn't invent it...of course...the Gracies didn't invent submission grappling, either...:tongue:
    test
  8. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Haha... Yeah, Mir was training with Eddie Bravo. There's a video on Youtube somewhere. He's tryna learn it.
    test
  9. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

penn filed a protest to nsac

im so tired of this overrated little bitch, and im not even a big gsp fan either
    test
  10. Macahol

Macahol The axis murderer

I meant to say Mauro and Mir rather than Rogan.

Supposedly Chuck Liddell's the guy that informed everyone about the greasing. I really don't know any of the reasons why he's being accused, but I know every moron on sherdog seems to be making jokes about it. I'll put up some proof if I find.
    test
  11. Ben Official

all i can say is i, bj being my favorite fighter, even thought it was total bs on bj's behalf. stop making excuses already and take the loss.

but then i saw these..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and that is kinda shady LOL. not saying bj wouldn't have lost either way, but wow.. thats sketch
    test
  12. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

yeah because sweat never helps

or hes too tall for bj to put in rubber guard

that doesnt mean he greased

and why would liddel say something , was he fighting?

if penn had a problem , then why the fuck didnt he say something during or immediately and i mean in the ring, after the fight?

im going to chalk this up to bj is a whiny, overrated little bitch
    test
  13. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Honestly, no disrespect, but you sound like a female right now. That's like me saying, why should I say something about a rape I saw, was I raped? It just doesn't work like that. If cheating is cheating and we are going to vilify some, we have to vilify all. BJ didn't say anything doing the fight because it wasn't him or his camp that initiated the claim that GSP had greased up. To get upset at BJ for this is pretty ridiculous. My question for you would be did you also get upset at Conseco and all of the other whistle blowers who unveiled the juicing that goes on in MLB or is cheating acceptable in your eyes? BJ even said that the outcome of the fight probably would have been the same, but that doesn't negate the fact that cheating is cheating.
    test
  14. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Height has nothing to do with rubber guard. You can put anyone in the rubber guard as long as you do it right. I saw him reaching for the rubber guard a few times but he wasn't doin' it right. So I don't even think it was the rubber guard he was going for. He was tryna maintain a high guard because he was tryna slip 'em into an omoplata which is a submission where he has to get his shin across St. Pierre's throat and rotate his body and get 'em in a shoulder lock. He went for that submission OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. That was the submission he went after in the first Penn/St. Pierre 'bout as well except he got a lot closer that time. He actually got the shin across but St. Pierre controlled his body and wouldn't allow 'em to turn and he ended up locked up.
    test
  15. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

The reason it annoys me is because it's the person BJ is coming out to be. From not training weeks before the fight and then complaining that UFC Primetime portrayed him wrong (how the fuck did it portray him wrong when he was missing training?), to talking all that shit and not backing it up one bit, to this. Again, the only submission he went after that night over and over again was the omoplata and being slippery will not change whether you get that submission or not. You basically just need to get the shin across the front of neck (which he couldn't get) and push off, which spins your body parallel to your opponents body and has the shoulder and arm locked. Then you sit up and rip someone's shoulder off. They're filing a complaint like the Nevada State Commission didn't already know about it. So it feels to me like they were tryna discredit or tarnish GSP's GREAT performance.

It seemed like it can be an honest mistake. Trainers do rub on the chest, shoulders, and back to ease a fighter's breathing patterns. They only have a minute so they got caught up in the moment of the rush and ended up rubbing him after vaselining him (haha, that came off gay as fuck... lol)

Fact of that matter is, I believe it was an honest mistake and I think most people who watch MMA knew it was an honest mistake. And the main thing is, THE NEVADA STATE COMMISSION KNEW ABOUT IT! So to me, it really just seems like he's tryna tarnish how great GSP fought.
    test
  16. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

how would chuck know shit? was he physically out there locking gsp in a guard?

the person that would know is the person experiencing the grease first hand
    test
  17. Ben Official

bj wasn't going for an omo.. he was just trying to maintain a high guard.
    test
  18. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Chuck was sitting cage side and saw what the cornerman did [dunno] .
    test
  19. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

ok so bj didnt know he was 'greased' until chuck told him....

makes sense
    test
  20. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

He was going for omoplata's. You see him actually reaching for his shin and pull it in front of St. Pierre's face. He couldn't get it there tho'. Surprising for how flexible they say he is. He was doin' the exact thing when they fought the first time. Kept going for the omoplata or a gogoplata. His choice once he gets the shin across the neck.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.