PC Games > Consoles

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by BoardWalk, Jun 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoardWalk

BoardWalk it's a monopoly.

Just my opinion.

I never really got into the whole console thing.

Anyone else more into PC games over consoles?
    test
  2. xbox360

xbox360 New Member

gaming on pc or console?

1st game i ever played was mario 3(i think) on the nes. then i got the sega gen and feel in love with nba live 95. the i got my pc, with bad games a nfl sim.i only got in to pc because my younger brother cried for it and it had a demo cd, with aoe and i feel in love with pc games,and then i got a sega saturn it was ok but only played it alittle expt for an nhl game,and the demos in the pc magz. disc got to good, but then i got aoe2 omg i loved that game.then i got my Dreamcast and it was a dream.then i got fallout 1 & 2 and that game i played all the time, won 10 times in the 1st month both, then fallout tactics :). then i got my xbox and play it for 3 days in a row. but after 20 games i beat on xbox its old now. so i got aom, i loved it kind, and then i got madden on the xbox and wow loved it(05).then i got aoe3 and was mad. and then i got DSL for my PC and i started (fast downloads, internet game play fun) to play moh:aa online. then i started to play aa alot.and i got a graphics card for my pc. and i went aa crazy.

sport games
    better on console

ww2 fps
    PC, bad on console

fps
    better on console

racing games
    gay on both

rpg
    PC

stragy games
    pc

i will get and xbox360 when price drops.

consle's are like i mac's you need to replace them after 5 years well you upgrade but console's dont have upgrades so speen 300 then 300 in 5 years.so i wait until price drops. pc and consoles's should do hand and hand, thats why im getting xbox360 and vista
    test
  3. Alexanderdahate

Alexanderdahate New Member

i do get battlefield 2
    test
  4. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

i just cant sit hunched over a desk staring at 17inch screen to play games...

im on the comp too much already...
    test
  5. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

^^^^ i'm about to cop a 20" widescreen LCD screen. shit is gonna be beautiful.
    test
  6. Gamshooter

Gamshooter New Member

hmmm i like console to i can sit on my couch/bed, and play and chill, computer seems very worky lol i dunno
    test
  7. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

depends on the game..

platformers....adventure games......side scrollers.......fighting games...sports...are all better on consoles

fps games.......role playing games......strategical games.......RTS games.......god games.....Sim games......are usually all better on PC

its a toss up.....depends on your style of gaming........

Console gamers tend to be very casual..

pc gamers tend to be more "hardcore" with thier games
    test
  8. J-Rotten™

J-Rotten™ New Member

hell yea PC games are always better than consoles and always will be, its because console games are made on PC but cant run like a PC does.

games are even better when your computer stats are as follows:

motherboard:BIOSTAR TForce4SLI NF4SLI 939
    CPU: AMD 64 ATHLON X2(duelcore)3800+
    Mem:CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB)
    DVDRW/CDRW - DVDRW BENQ DQ60 BK
    Video: nVidia GeForce 7800GT
    HDsystem: WesternDigital 74GB @ 10,000RPM(master), WesternDigital 250GB @ 7,200RPM
    Case: X-Blade black and yellow
    Sound: no sound card yet(someone give me an idea of what type to get)
    test
  9. Snikka

^^^ that sounds pretty close to what I'm gonna be buying this month, hopefully. nice system man. check this.

I decided to go with a 19" lcd widescreen, is in the mail, i expect that by saturday.. for 130 bucks LESS $$, i figure i am fine with a 19 inch... considering i'm used to this shitty 17" CRT NON-flat screen POS.

but check it.. here's what i'm looking at building.. I speced out what I want and will build myself:

ASPIRE X-GEAR
    ABIT AW8D
    PENTIUM D 940 3.2G (800MHz)
    MWAVE 2GB DDR2 533 (1GB x 2)
    MITSUMI 1.44 FDD
    NEC 16X DVD+/-RW
    WD 160GB 1600JB UATA-100 7200RPM 8MB (Bare drive) w/ 18" UV-BLUE ROUND CABLE
    eVGA 256-P2-N554-AX GF7600GT KO 256MB DDR3 PCI-E W/HDTV & DVI
    and gonna go with XP professional with SP2.

i'm honestly gonna either use my old Sound Blaster 5.1 card OR just use the onboard sound and save the upgrade for later. because basically, i have a stereo system accross from my computer with 2 big ass yamaha speakers and a 500 watt receiver connected to my sound card... and that shit sounds FINE.

for you soundcard upgrade, I personally would suggest Audigy4 or SoundBlaster X-Fi high-end soundcard. They are your best bets right now for quality.
    test
  10. Snikka

maybe I should go with a 10k rpm hard drive instead?

does it make much difference, or is just basically the newest technology?

oh btw, no console could ever compete with a PC... it's just not possible... consoles are good for game selection, like for instance, I really want to play that game Black on Xbox.. but I mean, I will never get to.

computers are a bitch kinda, because they outdate themselves quickly, whereas consoles will always be putting out new games for the same exact specs until the console company puts out a newer system. so that is definately a downside to PC.

but otherwise PC > consoles in all aspects basically.. no hate.. just saying.
    test
  11. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

that sums it up..
    test
  12. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

Agree with everything, but what would you call an adventure game?
    test
  13. LiQuiD6

tomb raider.....indiana jones.......indigo prophecy.....

if it were a point and click adventure..........its a bit debatable as to it being better on what system....but thats a problem that point and click adventures being an almost dead genre right about now...with the exception of the longest journey sequel and indigo prophecy kind of renewing them..but they are more towards the newer adventure title..and not so much the old style point and click......either way.....i guess its a divide between the new adventure games....and the old adventure games like kings quest.....quest for glory....sam and max.....maniac mansion.....
    test
  14. LiQuiD6

........wrong post
    test
  15. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

Point and click style adventures are definitely better on PCs, IMO. But the newer school Tomb Raider/Indy types are better on consoles.
    test
  16. nO gOoD!

nO gOoD! Life Music :: Press Play

I way rather pc games..
    test
  17. Blocc_Rocc

Blocc_Rocc New Member

u need to stop sitting in that lawn chair u use to play poker with on the weekends....get a real office chair and a bigger monitor....and u can also buy a graphic card that allows you to display your pc images on to your Tv Screen
    test
  18. Atom React

Atom React aka JAYO

i prefer consoles

used to play PC games tho

FPS definately on PC

but im not even a big FPS fan so you know..

also.. consoles are soon going to be just as powerful as computers, they get closer an closer every year
    test
  19. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

I love FPS and they suck cock on the PC.

I just wanna press the on button and shoot the shit.

PC gaming is far too exspensive and tiresome.
    test
  20. Kraylen

Kraylen Killer Instinct Champion.

bad thing about PC is it isnt Hi-def!
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.