Pat vs. ICE discussion thread

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Water_Mage, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jizzurrection

Jizzurrection College Educated

smh a lot of scientific inaccuracies in this thread, post coming soon to correct the record
    test
  2. KingFly

KingFly *K.O.T.D.*

he will be back 100%
    test
  3. Jizzurrection

KOTD crowd was extremely on point with their reactions to Ice, I'm sure he felt really good about performing there. He got more of reaction than in some of his URL battles.
    test
  4. OfficiallyDope

OfficiallyDope Member

Ice is dope but i swear that nigga can say some shit that dont make sense an niggas will go crazy
    test
  5. Christy

Christy Canadian

Wow, I am astounded by your brilliant fucking intelligence.
    test
  6. RealCrackaTime

RealCrackaTime Active Member

honestly ice vs stay was the best thing to come out of WD3 everything else was mediocre at best imo.
    test
  7. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

people, esp white ones, love ice because he's legit thug gangster guy, so when he spits a decent line its magnified 100x cuz of his appeal. this is the basis for hollows having so many stans, only hollow is actually really ill

ive never found him that tight

"i love her home fries" WOW LOLOLOL INSANE

pats on some "transform into a minotaur and stab you wit a ninja star" ill battle shit THATS WHATS UP
    test
  8. Water_Mage

Water_Mage Well-Known Member

smh u got a lot to learn lady...

See let me explain this 2 u in a way that even a woman would understand it

A mans appeal is not in WHAT he says, but how he says it, his charisma, his swag, his presence, his machismo... same goes for battle rap

the fact that ICE can make ppl react to stuff like "I love her home fries" or his potty training line at WD3 is a testament to his greatness, not an argument against it

And ICE has some really deep metaphorical lines that are really hard to grasp, he is a confirmed genius, i.e. "no offense if u a ball gobbler, but if u barkin for these pups without a name on ya dog collar, i feel sorry for ur four fathers"
    test
  9. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

anyone who doesn't rhyme dog collar with rottweiler is a dumbbell those were my first words IM THE GENIUS NOT THIS ICE HEAD IDIOT
    test
  10. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

Havent been impressed with someone being criminal since my teens, so on face value it means nothing to me. Pat took it since his material was better, and that is what counts in the most part. Ice was definitely a cool dude tho so no diss.
    test
  11. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

DEADDDDDDDDDDD

accurate
    test
  12. Enormus

Enormus New Member

I think there's some lightweight if not blatantly obvious racism with spoiled middleclass white people and head ice.

I thought the reactions had less to do with "damn listen to this authentic new york rap, that's some real shit" and more "lol look at this big dumb ni**er lets laugh at him" without even really putting any thought into the bars themselves. Whether people admit this or even realize is another story.

Who ever said it right when they said they were treating him more like a mista conspiracy. It's also this way of thinking that make dudes like 100 bulletz and D-lor have to work 50x harder to get appropriate crowd reaction.

is Charron responsible for this? yes
    test
  13. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

if they didn't react then it'd be 'wow this crowd is racist listen to them laugh/cheer at pat's bars but not ice smh'
    test
  14. key2life

key2life BK ni66a

yo some of ya'll argue about the dumbest shit ahahhahahhah .... I can't believe what I'm seeing in this thread. Ya all need to get some pussy
    test
  15. Enormus

Enormus New Member

Not really, I would rather people not react for the right reason (they didn't understand/relate to/feel the line) than overreact for the wrong reason. Not reacting to stuff that has nothing to do with you has nothing to do with racism.
    test
  16. Jaggan1

Jaggan1 New Member

But some posters on this board prefer arguing racism because it is is a fuckload easier than actually having to come to grips with the subjective nature of battling. Some of the battlers are a Chris Rock, who most people regardless of race finds funny, others are a Bill Maher or Janine Gerafolo who are only good with their specific target audience.

Some audiences prefer listening to a "real n****" spitting 800 bars on how he'll murder his opponent with various breakfast staples, other audiences prefer listing to some half-wasted Canadian spitting jokes.

In the end it comes down to being a versatile writer, if your audience does not react to your bars, you failed at writing appropriate material for an audience. Much like if Diz were to perform his A Class bars for the Asian defense league or what the hell they're called.
    test
  17. FleeKan

FleeKan always THAT nigga

Battle rappers choose which audience they cater too

and a speciifc auediance has their own standards. In fact, their might be a large audeince who would dig Diz regardless of the live peoples reactons
    test
  18. Spaghetti

Spaghetti Pasta God

i had pat winning this for sure.
    test
  19. Jizzurrection

Just watched Pat's 1st round lmao @ his closer "put some ice on that.. *boom*..."

Softest "boom" I ever heard in my life
    test
  20. EyeurnMic

EyeurnMic New Member

Pat could have gotten away with sayin nigga.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.