Pat Stay vs Arcane RECAP SPOILER ALERT

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by SplashEazy, Aug 28, 2013.

1. SplashEazy

SplashEazy Member

Okay so I have a point to make.
    Pat Stay beat Arcane.
    Here's why.

Throughout the battle both emcees had shining moments. I think most who feel Arcane won would argue that Arcane had more wordplay or "bars" than Pat Stay did. However, I think there is another very significant factor that isn't being accounted for by these people. Pat Stay had the harder hitting angles, which is in my opinion more important than bars on the basis of relevance.

Pat Stay attacked Cane over:
    1) Purchasing bars from Caustic. (True)
    2) Credibility (True)
    3) Being old as fuck and still dressing like he's a teenager (True)
    4) Pat Stay having a higher view count on youtube than Cane (True)
    5) Bigger names wanting Pat Stay as opposed to Arcane (True)
    6) Arcane only having bars to compensate for his lack of charisma and marketability
    7) Buying bars yet accusing Thesaurus of that shit in their last battle (Glad he brought this up tbh)
    8) Having to grind for his spot while Pat got by on talent alone (Up for debate, but I agree with Pat on this)

Arcane attacked Pat Stay over:
    1) The Bishop dispute (Pat used the chess angle against Thesaurus, Cane just had his own version, surprised people cheered tbh)
    2) Promo battles (Pat has more judged battles than promo)
    3) Taking an easy route to the title (True, he was just given a shot)
    4) Overusing the comedic style (While Pat does use this a lot, he compensates with bars and creative angles)

Now I may just be biased towards Pat Stay but lets re-examine these angles. If we assume both sides were telling the truth it is clear that Pat Stay's angles were better than Arcane's. Even if Pat was a joking punk that dodged Bishop & chilled with promo battles because all he has is jokes, the fact remains that Cane bought bars off of someone else, cheated to get his title, doesn't pull as many views as Pat, & isn't as respected amongst the other top tier battlers in the world.

Bars are cool and all, but if they aren't relevant to your opponent, then they don't hold any weight imo. This is the same shit people like 100 bulletz do. They overuse bars because they don't have any real angles to attack their opponents with. I think had this Caustic situation not occurred, Cane would've got it, but as it stands Pat had the better angles available and capitalized on it.
    test
  2. BIZZURK

BIZZURK Well-Known Member

didnt pat seem like he wasnt gonna mention the caustic bullshit at the press conference though ?
    test
  3. Marshallian Techniques

Marshallian Techniques New Member

I do recall Pat Stay saying he wasn't going to bring the Caustic shit up.
    Which surprised me when he did.
    However I do feel he won, what was, a close battle.
    And as much as I don't care for Arcane, guy can spit, controversies aside.
    test
  4. BIZZURK

BIZZURK Well-Known Member

yeah he was like by the way the whole caustic thing is corny plus he ratted out that dude in DF for cheating that shit is not my thing......or some shit , i thought he really wouldnt use that angle lol but whatever

and yeah , Arcane definitely can spit...so can Pat...cant wait to see it
    test
  5. Marshallian Techniques

Marshallian Techniques New Member

Audio of the ppv footage was a little hard to hear, crowd was going ape shit.
    So I'm looking forward to the posted youtube video.
    test