Passing the Buck and Missing the Point: Don Imus, White Denial and Racism in America

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by identity-X, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

You're missing the point ID.

What Ghet is pointing out is that Black people have only been able to climb out of their pits because White people supported them. If White people had not supported them, Black people would never have climbed out of their pit. If you don't believe me, look at Native Americans. Whites never helped Native Americans (for the most part). At least not like they did the Blacks.

But Blacks want to pretend that they did it on their own. Blacks like to lie to themselves and pretend that they conquered "Whitey" and they didn't. White people were helping them all along. The Underground Railroad existed because Whites were risking their lives AND their reputations (in a time when reputation was everything) to save Blacks. There was a civil war fought over slavery (of course their were other issues at hand).

But do Black people want to acknowledge this? Fuck no! They want to pretend they did it themselves. If Black people want to pretend they can stand on their own two . . . then let them and stop helping them. They refuse to acknowledge that "Whitey" isn't the enemy and "Whitey" helped free them from other "Whiteys" then why bother?

Maybe this will help:
    One day a black man was walking along, whistling . . .
    Along came a group of angry racist craqqers and they beat that poor black man. They beat him bad. After they beat him, they threw him into a well. Time passed and the sun rose over the well and that poor black man lay there bleeding and baking under the mid-day sun. Suddenly a white face appeared over the opening of the well and he yelled down, "Wait there! I seen what happened but I was outnumbered and couldn't help. I've come to help you though, they left a moment ago. Here's a rope . . . quick, grab on." He dropped a rope to that poor Black man and pulled him up out of the well. Then he helped that poor Black man over to a stream, washed his wounds and gave him an extra pair of his own clothes, gave him a razor to shave and food to eat. After the Black man got his strength back, he thanked the white man to his face and then went back to his town and told all the other Black people that he was beaten by Whiteys and thrown into a well and that by his OWN strength he managed to climb out. The other Blacks celebrate this pitiful fool and proclaim him their leader and nobody acknowledges the man with the rope. Nobody asked the Black man where he got his fancy "whitey" clothes.

That's what Ghet is saying.

And you keep replying with, "I don't expect them to thank me." That isn't the point.
    test
  2. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

- i disagree with both sentences
    - i'd agree with the first if it was worded as "black people have been able to climb out of their pits with help from Whites
    - unless you can see into the future, I think the use of the word "never" in the second sentence is making a huge leap

I think that saying "Blacks" as an entire group pretend they, by themselves, "conquered whitey" and that they got to where the are today without the help of whites is painfully inacurrate. (This brings up another interesting point...I find it weird that some people want to dig their cleats into the ground and defend to the death the idea that whites have helped blacks make social advances, but stand just as strong in defending the idea that whites in no way may have contributed to the problems that face blacks.)

And in any case...this is a SEPARATE issue - one that I'll address here and would have addressed had Ghet put it in these terms (if indeed this was his point) - from Ghet's original question, which was asking about a very specific individual (MY) experience:

Asking whether blacks thank anti-racist whites is an entirely different question than asking whether blacks have ever thanked ME. My situation is not universal. My experience with anti-racist work may not be representative of the experiences of others doing anti-racist work - especially considering the type of work I've done. I'm a grad student who dabbles in local work that I think is effective...I don't given ational speeches, I'm not a member of any national anti-racist organizations.
    test
  3. I'm sorry, but I've never seen a single black person thank a white apologist. I've seen countless examples of black people thanking other black people for performing less effective tasks than a white apologist in terms of anti-racist progression.
    test
  4. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

Who are these imaginary people, ID?

Why is it impossible to say anything factual from one angle now without covering every other angle at the same time? It's like people just want to argue and so they make it absolutely impossible to say anything on one subject because they immediately derail that subject by connecting it to another subject. Conversations have wound down to one person chasing the other one around in circles.

FACT: Blacks sold Blacks as slaves to Whites
    FACT: Whites brought them to America
    FACT: Whites killed Natives and had Chinese blowing themselves up to build railroads.
    FACT: It sucked
    FACT: Other white people seen that it sucked and put a stop to it by helping out.
    FACT: Blacks pretend that they did it on their own and won't even acknowledge that if it weren't for whites helping, it never would have happened.
    test
  5. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

I am not without my sense of humor: the cleaning lady jawn and the national geographic one got a chuckle out of me. I pause not to laugh at slurs aimed at non-blacks so as not to cosign with it, but...

Still, just as a person gets an oscar not necessarily for the gig they were nominated for, but for the totality of their career, Imus' firing is seemingly just when you consider he's ALWAYS done this.
    test
  6. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

I'm not reading any of the bullshit responses to this post because judging by who's replying to him, I can tell it's ONLY bullshit. What I will do is post my commentaries on this here topic. I've got a youtube channel filled with 'em...

Is Imus's firing a breach of the Freedom of Speech

[youtube]NUwuaLUKRxo[/youtube]

The arguments against Al Sharpton: Are they valid? Do they make a bit of difference?

[youtube]UP-mjXDGHw0[/youtube]

Is Rap To Blame?

[youtube]eSXZpG2gwHE[/youtube]
    test
  7. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

You ever stop to think that maybe if there are so many "white apologists" as you call it, that it MIGHT be indicative of a very real problem that would herald such an apology?
    test
  8. MC Bill Buckner

MC Bill Buckner New Member

what a pussy. see through color you racist. a person appologizing is not a representative of a race. no one can represent a race. feelings are not tied to a specific race. stop looking for excuses.
    test
  9. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

NisLaniF, No reason to be stereotypical of whites. Hell what even makes you think all white rednecks are like that? Exactly what you just did in that first video is racialky stereotypical of whites but would never be contested against, EVER! No civil-rights group would have gave a shit. Because you're black and you have more freedom of speech than a white. Now, you might say I am crazy or stupid, But what I said is very, very, very, true in the world I see today. The Double standard is premitted. And Even alot of whites would have also found your comments to be a racially specific attack to Generalize stereotypical white mannerisms.

Which brings me to my point...

You also completely missed the point about Al-sharpton. The point is he is Hypocrite and racist himself. Sure Al has every 1st amendment right to file a grievance, But why he is tooken seriously? It's like one racist condeming another racist. Or it would be like David Duke filing a grevince against chris rock for making a racial joke about white people. Who would even allow David duke that first amendment right? Noone!

How come Al sharpton can cast stones making any kind of racist remark at others in a serious manner yet still have a job? espeically when he is just as, if not more so, guilty of the same Behavior as Don Imus? Imus was joking at least yet he was punished for freedom of speech, infact he was stripped of his job just for speaking his mind.

You're not that smart, you're just very pompous. and I told you, I hate your personality, so Type instead do not post videos you're too fucking ugly and your voice is horribly distracting.

Al Sharpton is a piece of shit racist hypocrite. He did it to incress his radio ratings. He is always doing something for al sharpton not for the victims. Infact, the Girls forgave imus. Sharpton has always been a racist on a crusade, and he calls himself a christian? LOL! What a joke. Sharpton takes the glory, profit, all at the expanse of anothers as usual. So yeah, Sharpton has freedom of speech, but don imus doesn't. Don gets reprimanded, but Al sharpton gets to continue his radio career.

Bollocks!
    test
  10. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

What are you two talking about? Who generalized white people? I haven't been here in a while, but I don't remember menaz being this stupid. Not this stupid, he's dumber than a toad with down's syndrome, but not this dumb.

In case y'all don't know, these particular videos were responses to other videos of people who missed shit. http://www.youtube.com/BlackSoultan And who said anything about r*dnecks? (in case you DON'T know, the bulk of the people who were saying dumb shit to me? Weren't white. Way to make snap judgments, you racist prick!)

If David Duke wanted to petition the government for a redress of grievences about Rock, he can and does all the time. What government entity stops him? What government entity stopped Al? What government stopped Imus? He was fired by private entities.

I love how y'all say al does stuff to increase ratings when he has none. This dumbass Imus would still have a job if he just didn't bring cameras with HIM to Al Sharpton's show. Had he not done that, no one would have known except those of us who read www.eurweb.com that he got totally ownt by Al. That was Imus' fault. Would you take a news crew with you if Chuck Liddell challenged you to a fight? No, because they'll broadcast you gettin your ass kicked. Otherwise, no one would have known about it.

And here's what most of y'all neo-cons miss about the whole "Al Sharpton's a racist" or "Jesse said this or that 23 years ago" bullshit:

SO??!? Does that somehow mean he can't point out that Imus' actions were wrong? MOST of y'all have used anti-black slurs AT ME ON HERE. By your logic, you can't say shit about Al or Jesse OR Don Imus. According to you, all of you need to shut the fuck up.

Also, neither of these two said what THEY said (which were against jews if I am not mistaken) on the federal airwaves. They did not nor have they ever held the media position that Imus had. With great power comes great responsibility. Don't nobody pay attention to Al Sharpton; but they do listen to Imus, so when Imus said to thirty million people "nappy headed hoes", it caused a backlash.

What's even more noteworthy is the fact that this whole ordeal caused more people to talk about Al Sharpton than Al sharpton got people to talk about Imus, but Imus still got fired. Nothing happened to Al, he's insignificant in this equation. Instead of speaking up for Imus, y'all try your best to dodge and talk about Al and Jesse. Okay, that's now THREE people who have said racially insensitive things repeatedly. [dunno]

What bearing does that have on whether or not Imus was wrong?

You know what, here. I'll tell you what I told this other dude who said the same dumb shit you sayin'. 'cause we both know you can't read (spell/talk straight/think/not get aroused by men), so just look at the bouncy moving pictures, 'kay? [dummy]

[youtube]1s9TyqQcaXU[/youtube]
    test
  11. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Two? Only one, Me myself and I. You generalized white people with your little redneck mannerisms. You're not even honest with yourself it's sad really. If I was as dumb as a toad with down's syndrome you wouldn't reply to me. Stop getting all emotional you pompous ass. You're argument is horse shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUwuaLUKRxo&eurl=
    That wasn't you stereotypically mocking white rednecks? You really going to lie when you video taped the evidenece? LOL! How am I racist? Name one racist thing I've said? All I commented was the fact I watch you make racial stereotypes. Starting to understand were this WORLD OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS HEADED?

Yet nothing happens if david duke does. That point went over your head.

None said Imus was smart, Al sharpton was calling for Imus removal before Imus even did had to come on his show.You're wrong, Al does do this shit to incress his ratings... If his ratings weren't in the toilet so fucking bad he wouldn't have to stoupe to being a Oppertunist. but Then again opperunism is his nature.

This anit no left or right politics. It's Motherfucking reality.
    There is a time table on racism? no! what a Straw man argument.

Don't straw man my arguement. I never said he couldn't speak or point anything out, what I said very clearly is a racist hypocrite like himself didn't lose his job, corporate support, sponsors, or get reprimanded in anyway over his racist actions. There was no civil rights orginizations to condem al sharpton? There was no civil rights orginization to condem NOI racism either. Where were they to be found... they were to be found nowhere. No ACLU, nothing, nada. And I would also like to say Al should be the last one to point out racism. That's the pot calling the kettle black. It's hypocritical to cast stones when your guilty of the same sin/hate. I'd like to point out I've never used one anti-black slur aginist you, ever.
    I didn't fall into your web of argument.

"like I said:
    It's like one racist condeming another racist. Or it would be like David Duke filing a grevince against chris rock for making a racial joke about white people."

The freespeech should be allowed on both sides, However, One sides freespeech gets them repirmanded, while the other side walks away scott free. That's not equal rights by any means.

Now you're just making Al sharptons own lame argument. However, his words still resulted to cause some roits and a beatings. remember the Crown Heights Riot. He should have lost his positon on radio regardless on that alone. They don't hold weight? Hello, There voices started the smoke which got Don imus fired. Plus, don imus was joking not dead serious like Al. Imus, had shit ratings himself, hardly noone listened to imus... If you listened to howard stern, you'd know on a day to day bases how terrible don imus ratings were. This was a racial witch hunt making something out of nothing for oppertunity and gain. By the way, don imus is a SHOCK JOCK! Al sharpton is a socalled CIVIL RIGHTS LEADER! And completely without even hearing the facts, labeled the Duke lacross players Guilty as well. Al sharpton is a racist oppertunist piece of shit. Al sharpton is doing nothing for black people.

Noone is sticking up for don imus. We all know Don imus is a piece of shit.
    This is about freedom of speech and double standards which need to be acknowledge and stop being denied to exist. I would have more respect for you or anyone like that black comedian who admits there is a double standard.

Stop it. Noone has made my argument the way I made it.
    That's a bullshit statement itself, considering you didn't
    understand my argument fully, and tried to lump me in with
    some other moronic children.
    test
  12. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

Soultan, if you respond again, Menaz will react with 2 reponses (in a row).
    If you respond after that, he'll shoot back with 3 responses (in a row).
    If you respond again, he'll make it 4 responses.

Don't waste your time.
    The kid is retarded.

I was against the firing of Don Imus only because they allow it to continue in so many other ways. Hell, Jay Leno makes fun of Arabs on a regular basis.
    And Blacks, if I'm not mistaken.
    test
  13. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

i think someone should sticky the 1st amendment at the top of the forum and require everyone read and have an understanding of it before posting...
    test
  14. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

First off all that is what you do.
    secondly, I'm only responding to you in depth. so Fuck you for being a lazy reader. The Only fuck up on this site is you. Where is your JOB? Where is your LIFE? What do you do besides talk bullshit all day long over the internet? You don't do shit!

you're mentally fucking retarded. I'm so sick of you and your stupid replies. And I don't think I'm the only one. you're existence is a joke!

In real life someone would have beat the piss out of you by now.
    test
  15. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

I'm not reading 4 pages full of Ad Hominems. I don't care how interesting the subject is. Go do a swan dive off a bridge into a rock.

Where is my Job? Where is my Life?

What do either one have to do with you being a pazzo?
    My Job? I don't work. I live off of the money that I have in my bank account.
    I could do nothing the rest of my life and still live a great life.
    As far as my life? Where is my life? I'm not sure how you expect somebody to answer a question like that . . . Last time I seen my life, it was chillin outside smokin a spliff.

Well, this morning I wrote 15 pages to one book today.
    Read Dawkins "The God Delusion" for a second time and found two places in which Dawkins supports Buddhism and one place where he specifically states that he is NOT speaking against the Mystical Concepts of a Divine Unity.
    This afternoon my wife and I went to a Nature Trail and walked around a river for about two hours and then read for a third hour while sitting on a log in the river.
    Then when we got home I wrote another 13 pages to another book and topped it off by finishing Dawkins book, "Climbing Mount Improbable" which was a horribly dull book.

My existence is a joke?
    :thumb:

You pretend to read books that you've probably never even actually held in your hand and lie to yourself (and others) claiming that they preach against Philosophies that they not only do not speak against, but that they promote.
    You fantasize about leading a revolution, yet you jump from being a Harris Disciple to a Dawkins Disciple and can't grasp either one of their words.

Yea, my existence is the one you should be worried about.

In real life you would worship me.
    test
  16. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

You mean like ALL your conversations? You're the one making all the long winded Ad hominem arguements. Not only do I read your Ad hominems, I also read your weak ass arguments. And it's the same result everytime, You have alot to say about nothing. You've over stayed your welcome on this board, and now your so fucking bored you have to run around starting fights and making up lies for your entertianment. I'ma grown man, you're still acting like a child. know when to check out Dustin. little Alan cummings gay looking motherfucker.

You're lack of intelligence explains why you have no life or Job.
    You mean That fake money, Like that fake wife, like those fake kids, and like your fake race. I'd say you live off of the government as dumb
    as you are probably on a Social Security disability program where you take in only 500 each month most likely. Doing nothing the rest of your life and living off the government is called a bums life. You've choosen to become a Bum.

Pot head too? nowonder you have no brain cells. You get high
    then come on the net and ramble. Great life, Mr.cummings

Yeah a book noone cares about or noone will read. Yeah you're going to write a book alright one based off my thoughts. Probably plagiarizing another book. Wrong, I told you dawkins supports the morals of buddism. However, He does not accept the Mysical concept of divinity. Stop bullshitting, you have not read the Book once. And I told you about Climbing mount improbable. Dawkins isn't Dull, you are, and Huxley's book was. you fucking liar.

That's not even the truth. You're completely bullshiting right now. I Fucking read a few of his books you haven't even read one. I can fucking tell, Dawkins does go against Spirtual philosophies he does not go agaisnt philosophies teaching good morals.

This coming from the kid who has claimed to have read every philosophers book? LMAO! That is a Joke! When is the last time you grasped anything? You need to get a clue YOU'RE MENTALLY RETARDED! You're having a neverous break down as well. you're a retard having a neverous break down.

i'm not worried about your existence... I just think your existence doesn't need to go on living. I think you should off yourself. Even you know you'd be doing yourself, your family, and the world a favor. You're mind is allegorical to Quasimodo's appearence. And your family hides your hideous retardation from the public at all times because You're that much of a grotesque mental embarrassment.

In real life I beat the shit out of you after I got done mentally raping you.
    test
  17. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

Man, I made a video of it where I read it out and give an analysis therein, and all they can do is complain about the accent I use in my impersonation of what they think is of a white guy; meanwhile the vid was directed largely at non-whites who got the first amendment wrong in their youtube analyses.

You ask too much of these people.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.