Passing the Buck and Missing the Point: Don Imus, White Denial and Racism in America

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by identity-X, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sodium

Sodium I Get Computers Putin'

i think menaz got it when he said that there are essentially pathological forms of racism like 'kill whitey/n1gger' variety and then there is a more generalized form of racism that is more like distaste than it is a hatred. the thing that people like identity (who is morally perfect in every way apparently) are going to have trouble with is the fact that they believe that any form of racism is bad. i propose that racism exists in all of us to varrying degrees. that, because of this, it would be a never ending struggle to try and supress racism entirely. thus some racism should be allowed to exist in a healthy society as at least some racism exists in all people. would that not act as a proper reflection of the very people that embody society? what people like identity propose is a utopian erase of everything dubbed immoral. while agree that immorality should be kept in check, the pursuit of this, should not be allowed to consume and cleanse everything in its path. to do this would be to deny what humanity is, instead of embracing the fact that people are not perfect and should be allowed some leg room. this flows back to my underlying philosophy that people should strive to be harmonious with reality instead of trying to conquer it. in end reality always wins.

but identity cant relate with that because idenity is a perfect human being. faggot ass nigga doesnt even eat meat.
    test
  2. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

You must be raggin this week.
    Go get you a Pearl.

Who said we should overlook it? I just don't think it is healthy to dwell on it.
    All they will do is make the kid out to be completely fucked up, make the victims out to be perfect angels, the politicians will show up and give fake prayers and people will all feel horrible about it until next fall and a new batch of Fresh will show up at that University and they'll all go back to fuckin each other, drinking and preparing for future Tech jobs where they can come out into society and create some new nifty gadget which nobody actually needs.

In the meantime, we will miss serious shit that actually matters. This situation no longer matters. It's over. They are dead. It sucks, but shit . . . what are you gonna do? Should we all give our guns to the cops and let them turn our Democracy into a Tyranny?

What exactly are we going to accomplish through this? Will we figure out a way to stop future shootings? No? Will we figure out a way to bring the dead back? No? Will anything change at that school? Maybe, maybe not . . . but it won't have nothin to do with our RM conversations. Bout the only thing that's going to come out of RM discussing this, is Soultan figured out a way to get his name know and Justin made a Myspace site that could get him thrown in jail and later had the thread erased from the Alley.

That's it.
    That's all.

How long will you retards mourn for the deaths of people you have never met?
    Do you mourn when Iraqi women and children get killed? Why not? They're just as much a stranger as these kids. Oh, I get it . . . you care about these rich kids because they're American? They're on this side of an invisible man-made line and so they matter and the Iraqi's don't. Their deaths are tragedies and the Iraqis were just in the wrong place at the wrong time (their living rooms).

Truth be told, the majority of the people who got killed were probably useless human beings. But people will never admit that because they're dead and somehow we show more love and respect for people once they die, in this country, than when they are alive.

I think we've had our look.

Religioisty isn't a word.
    Religiosity is.

And what does this have to do with Religion?
    The guy wasn't religious. If he was, I'd be interested to know which religion he belonged to. That would be something new to discuss. But I'm tired of hearing how sad it is that they are gone and how much they will be missed (by strangers). Last weekend, none of you even knew they existed. This week you miss them.
    Whatever

We have a lot in common:

Shooter - Korean
    Me - Yehudi/Cherokee

Shooter - Single
    Me - Married

Shooter - Depressed
    Me - Perfectly content

Shooter - Angry
    Me - Calm

Shooter - Schizophrenic
    Me - Don't have a mental illness of any form

Shooter - Never called himself a Messiah (at least to my knowledge)
    Me - Would never call myself a Messiah (those are your words, not mine)

Shooter - Poor (hated the rich)
    Me - Very well off, growing up (chose to start at the bottom and earn my way)

We have absolutely nothing in common.
    Oh, and btw, it is "both" not "booth" you illiterate cunt.

Religiosity?
    hahah

You pick up a new favorite word every week or two and use it in every post.
    What evidence do you have to support that this kid was religious?
    Provide it in your next reply or shut the fuck up. I'm so tired of you Atheist scumbags.

It's easy to take video clips and put them together and take them out of context.
    That's very easy to do. It was done below. Unfortunately people are very quick to label others (whom they can't understand) as crazy or mentally ill. But who determines what the mentally stable are? What is mental stability and who is the example? I'm not being a smartass either. Seriously, who is the standard. What is the ideally stable human being and how can we all (all human beings) look to them.

I certainly hope that you're not going to tell me those kids who died were mentally stable.

Stop using your pseudo-psychology terms. I don't buy into your new religion which has replaced TRUE science by calling itself science. It's bullshit. You are bullshit and your religion (pseudo-science) is bullshit. Dawkins is bullshit and your replies are always bullshit.

http://www.filefishing.com/view.php?file=64347d6b29ae7cb593d0de7369e3981e

Throw a link up cause this clip says he was AGAINST religion and was a lot like you.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=oaBdMiJcl2Y
    test
  3. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

Sad thing is . . . when Double posted pictures like this (with the knife and the gun) we all laughed and mocked him. Somebody else said Double has a speech problem too.

Eh

Dude had "Ismail Ax" written on his arm. The media is trying to make it religious and associate it with Abraham and they even made up a fake story between Abraham and his son Ishmael (which is nowhere in scriptures) and are trying to connect it to Radical Islam . . . hahah

An Islamic Korean huh? I've heard it all.
    Stupid bastards.

"James Fennimore Cooper’s story “The Prairie,” the settler Ishmael Bush, who is attempting to escape from civilization, sets out across the prairie with two key tools, a gun and an axe. Each has a symbolic meaning. The axe — which can either kill or provide shelter — stands for both creation and destruction."
    test
  4. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Please, Stick to your Soma.

"Azues: There are more important issues that our News Stations could be covering, instead of spending a full week talking about Don Imus and another week talking about VA Tech." Sounds to me, You're stating we should over look it. How cold hearted of you. No Gun law discussion? No Police blaming? No analyzing the Murderer? No argument on behalf of the Tech-U students? No, Socialness? We just ignore it, Newflash, This is huge news in our back yard, this isn't no don imus bullshit. If you don't want to discuss it, Leave the thread you fucking Moron! How do you know politican aren't sincere? Are you them? You must stop living your life through the protagonist John! And those Kids were good kids, they weren't harming anyone. What the fuck is wrong with you Mr.Insenstive? Oh that's right your JOHN! You don't know anything about those kids, Yet you jump to stereotype assumptions for the alot of them. Dude, One thing about freedom of speech, You can get your ass kicked for it.

Noone is missing other matters. Your just being cold hearted like John.
    You live in one realm of thinking "A brave new world". A compromise can be met on gun laws. Where Gun dealers are allowed to look at Medical records. And There is no patient and therapist confidentiality agreement when it comes to purchasing Guns. Also It wouldn't matter if we had guns or not, Espeically if some tyrant had our military power! And never forget... Guns don't kill people, crazy people with guns kill people.

Exactly, What can you do about the Thing you seem to think Tech-U is distracting us from? nothing! The Fact is that the religiosity mind-set is to blame yet again for such a horrible tragedy yet it's not being mentioned. And With your type of nagative deafeatist Attitude, No you won't figure out anything to do. The conversation doesn't even have to involve you. How does your RM conversations change the bullshit you talk about? it doesn't! This is a place for intellectual communication. Something you don't seem to understand. I personally think, school cops should start packing guns, should be thoroughly taught their schools layout, Police should have much quicker response times, And every school should Practice school shooting drills like they would fire drills. So "people atleast have some sort of a precautionary chance.

I asked for John, And you didn't disappoint. I am human, and as a human I have emotions, That's like asking why do you morons Mourn for Iraqi kids? How do you know I don't have family members that died at tech-u? How do you know People don't feel bad for Iraqi children? Americans make the most donations to the rest of the world than anyother country! Who said any Life doesn't matter? The only life I wouldn't care about is yours, Because you are just like Cho Seung-hui.

Useless? How are they useless? They were going to school. had families that loved them. You don't do anything or love anyone, How are you not useless? Why do bad things always happen to good people. it's so Terrible! People won't admit that because it's Insanity! These people were butchered like cattle. You're showing the exact mental illness I wanted to point out that you have. You're a Sociopath!
    test
  5. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

it's all about what you think. About what you say.
    About your terms. You're a Sociopath, John, just
    did the Conditioning.

And here is religioisty...
    religioisty: exaggerated or affected piety and religious zeal.
    That is religioisty.

The religioisty of Christianity! "Cho Seung-hui: Thanks to you, I die like Jesus Christ, to inspire generations of the weak and the defenseless people." Cho Seung-hui: Were you there when they crucified my Lord?

Peronallity wise, You have everything in common.

Azues: blank hateful stares!
    Cho: Blank hateful stares!

Azues: Sociopath! Schizophrenic!
    Cho: Sociopath! Schizophrenic!

Azues: Thinks of himself as Messiah!
    Cho: Thinks of himself as Messiah!
    Both of you imply it!

Azues: Hates the wealthy
    Cho: Hates the wealthy

And if you are well off, You should hate yourself, Which makes sense, because you are mentally ill!

Umm no! Evidence was provided!
    Not atheist, and you are mentally ill!

LMAO! Nothing is out of context, he really did imply he was a messiah! Look at your mental illness running over time. You also suffer from Paranoid Personality Disorder. Well he did go to a mental hospital. He did slaughter people. He did stalk two women. I would say he is pretty mentally ill. LOL! You're not being a smart ass, you're being John! I understand.

Why are you attacking kids that did nothing to noone? You're a piece of shit, I know for a fact they didn't slaughter anyone. or have a messiah complex.

I will use whatever terms I see fit to discribe your mental illnesses.
    Huxley, is fictional bullshit. And your A big steaming pile of religiosity bullshit living your life through Huxley! I'm not forcing you to reply back. Yet again, you suffer from OCD! At least I consciously know why I am replying to you. You reply, because you can't help yourself. Please, Just jump in a cayon somewhere, before you turn out like CHO!
    test
  6. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Noone said double wasn't strange or mentally ill. However, The difference is, Double didn't just go Kill two people and then decided to take pictures of himself and then proceed to make a little hateful video-tape manifesto, before going back to kill more people.

LOL@ you wikipeding again? LMAO! It Has nothing to do with islam. LMAO!

he's not islamic.
    test
  7. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Identity - X.

I've no interest in whether people think Imus is gay, my interest is in how black people in America are babied by people like you are what ever 4 letter abbreviation network name fired Imus.

Black people have come to expect outright, unquestioned sympathy over anything they (or sympathisers like yourself) deem to be racist and they get it.

However, whilst all the media and such is concerntrated on this, larger issues are being ignored. It's not an alternative arugment or dodging the point, it's the cold hard stuff. The stuff many liberals fear to the point it keeps them awake. Yes Identity, I speak of the truth.

Black people are being self (with help from Big Whitey, of course) conditioned into believing firing meaningless twats like Imus is some sort of progression. It's not. It just further alienates white people and other ethnicities, from black people.

So don't you think you're patronising, over sympathetic perspective of issues such as this, do more harm than good?

Ow yeah, and you're a faggot. I do wish you get put in jail for a hate crime against a black person and then you are raped and murdered by a gang. Not because I hate black people, but because I hate patronising, liberal little cunts like you.
    test
  8. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

[funny]

Vote = Sodium. In everything.
    test
  9. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

the same thing all marches serve, from anti-rape activists to the Nazi's that rolled through Columbia, MO about a month ago...to share their opinions with others who might not be aware of them, to show others that there is a movement of people that they can join, to create a sense of solidarity, and any number of other things...

if you say it over and over it must be true.

I'm from MO, the Show-Me-State. If you aren't using your mind-reading powers again, you must have read it somewhere. Only I never once said I assumed they were guilty. So...show me.
    test
  10. identity-X

I concluded LONG before Imus opened his trap that most people, regardless of color, do not take racism seriously enough.
    test
  11. identity-X

[funny][funny][funny]

Where do you come up with this shit?

I have prejudices just like the next person and am far from the least prejudice person on the planet.

It'd be beautiful if every negative "ism" (race/class/sex/size/age/etc) on the planet was "erased". I don't see it happening...that won't keeping me from continually trying to reach that goal, because the process itself has a number of benefits, including it's function of keeping negative "isms" in check. I don't expect utopia...I work toward utopia and advocate "dialectical utopianism" as a process.
    test
  12. identity-X

harm to whom? the above article is aimed at white people as much or more than it's aimed at white pepole. there's not "ohhh, we're sorry you black people had to endure this. let us coddle you", but plenty of "hey white people...if you're going to speak to black people about 'personal responsibility', then man up and take responsibility for your actions".

addressing white privilege IS a larger issue, especially when NOBODY wants to speak out about it.

oh...and do you feel better?
    test
  13. You are in it to change the lives of those who are too paranoid to thank you because of the color of your skin.

Try looking at it that way.
    test
  14. identity-X

But I'm not in it to change the lives of ONLY those who are paranoid to thank me.

If they're paranoid, they're probably not going to thank me, but if they do not thank me it doesn't mean they are paranoid.

There are WHITE people who don't thank me for my work, though it benefits them as well. I doubt that has anything to do with paranoia.
    test
  15. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

Menaz the religiosity Wiki-Scholar.

He'd spell it, "Wiki-Skoler" if you asked him though. But that's just Menaz.
    test
  16. According to you, all white people are racist, so obviously, they aren't going to thank you.

So if blacks aren't thanking you, care to explain why? Surely, if you can elaborate on their socioeconomical geohistorical pressures, I'd imagine you can easily figure out why blacks have -NEVER- and will -NEVER- thank a white apologist for his efforts.
    test
  17. identity-X

i've never said this anywhere, nor do I believe this. care to show me where I did? good luck with that

i though we were talking about me and not white apologists? [teet]

people shouldn't thank others for fighting for equality when that should be the standard. it's not an action that should required thanking. honestly...I don't recall ever thanking an anti-racist speaker when talking to them after a speech or a an anti-racist writer that i've interacted with over e-mail. i might have thanked them for their time or told them that i enjoy their work, but never said thanks for not being racist.

Having people show up to an even I help organize is thanks enough.
    test
  18. That's a cop-out and a fucking half, dude.

We SHOULD treat each other nice anyways, therefore, NO ONE should EVER have to thank anyone for ANYTHING according to your logic!

Come on, man.. you are so blatently avoiding this question so badly. I'll try this one more time then give up on you:

So if blacks aren't thanking you, care to explain why? Surely, if you can elaborate on their socioeconomical geohistorical pressures, I'd imagine you can easily figure out why blacks have -NEVER- and will -NEVER- thank a white apologist for his efforts.
    test
  19. identity-X

i'm saying no one should ever feel the need to thank ME for any anti-XYZ work I ever do.

you got your answer. let me make the connections for you. if minorities think along the same lines as I do about there being no need to give thanks for anti-racist work - i.e. they think that giving thanks are unnecessary because it should be the norm - wouldn't that lead you to believe that said minorities would not thank someone else who's working in the field?

you're question was wrought with assumptions anyway...

- assumptions that no black person has ever thanked a white person who does anti-racist work

- assumptions that my experience is universal. i'm a lowly grad student who's been a member of a couple organizations, handed out fliers at tables a few times, and been involved in some marches. I'm assuming that's quite a bit different than someone like Wise who speaks across the country and does diversity workshops.
    test
  20. So

You have proof of black people thanking white people for being white apologists?

Cuz I would love to see this.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.