Parallel Universes

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Ass Napkin Ed, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Ass Napkin Ed

Ass Napkin Ed DC - 19th & Benning Rd

Just thinking - could this be possible?

If the Universe is like a Big Tree with many branches
    could it be we just live on One Branch and only see life/death on this branch

what if all the possible you's are lived out on each branch of the tree

In One Scenario - You are a Serial Killer looking to hide a Body in a Warehouse
    In Another Scenario - You are a Cop searching the Warehouse for a Dead Body
    In Another Scenario - You are the Dead Body

All of those Realities could be just as Real as this One

What if the Only Glimpses we get of this alternate Universe is when we dream, we see a window of that world, and when you dream in that world - you see life here for a moment

If we do exist in another reality - is it possible that you would even wanna meet the Other 'You' if you are in fact, a Serial Killer

also - If the Universe is Flat - and Infinite - wouldn't patterns begin to repeat over and over again - its highly likely there is another planet with 700 billion people on it, its also highly likely that there is another 'You' somewhere in an Infinite Universe

Discuss....
    test
  2. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

Let me help you out with something.

If you think you've come up with a creative and witty original thought, you haven't. Nine hells, this is the plot to the show Sliders.

Instead of random speculation, pick up a book. I don't want to see another post in this thread unless it has fact and figures.

Or, at the very least, a witty original creative thought.
    test
  3. Ass Napkin Ed

[​IMG]

lol - at your immediate attack

I know this isnt an original idea - you ass-wipe
    I am asking the Board's thoughts on the possibility - You are not the Entire Board

Facts and Figures? Should We talk about - Pagan Islam and Moon God Allah as if its a Fact?

fuck outta here
    test
  4. AliceHouse

Yeah, no. Nobody is saying anything about a pagan Islam and moon GOD allah except YOU. Everyone else is trying to explain to you why you're talking out your ass. Even an apostate like me (which should really tell you something.)

This comes up a lot. It appears to be a widespread misapprehension.

There is no "parallel universe" theory. Seriously. Not kidding. No such theory exists. No such hypothesis exists. It's all been made up by the peddlers of science-fiction stories.
    There are questions about whether the fundamental constants — or apparent constants anyway — that define how physics essentially works could be anything other than what they are. The general consensus is probably not, but we don't yet understand the way in which these things are inevitable. So room is left for the possibility that the fundamental constants could have had other values, but they just happen not to.
    One way of interpreting that possibility is to say, "Well heck, maybe every possible universe exists in some sense, and we just happen to be in this one."

But I really can't emphasize this strongly enough: That's not a theory. It's an idea, but there's absolutely zero possibility that that idea could ever be tested, experimentally. If "another universe" exists — and just typing that gives me a headache because of the logical impossibility of it — and we're someday able to tell it, then it's not "another universe" at all, is it? It's part of the one universe that exists, which contains everything that ever has been or ever will be.

So long story short? No. Not taken seriously. But not like "Oh, that's a fringe theory which nobody expects to pan out." Not taken seriously in the sense that there is no such theory as what you've described. It's all a combination of way too much science fiction in our culture, and bad communication about actual theories.

Now, you want the many worlds of quantum physics? That is something else all together.
    test
  5. Ass Napkin Ed

So Hugh Everett's - (Many Worlds - Quantum Theory) is the introduction to the Parallel Universe.....
    You wouldnt take that seriously?
    test
  6. AliceHouse

Read the last line.
    test
  7. Ass Napkin Ed

answer my last question
    test
  8. Type_Z_480AZ

Type_Z_480AZ youtube.com/typezmusic

I think so. There's math to support the idea of infinite universes.

Just to get an idea of what infinite really means, think about this: if you had a room full of monkeys of whom each had a type writer where they were randomly typing away on, you would eventually get to a point where they end up typing out every shakespear play in order.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
    test
  9. AliceHouse

I'll take it "seriously" when you can come up with a hypothesis that can be testible to falsify it. Until then, it's science fiction. Which, don't get me wrong, creativity is the building block of science as we know it. It's just that this idea had been done to death already.
    test
  10. Ass Napkin Ed

Your entitled to your thoughts Alicehouse
    thanks for Opinion,

Yet, think bout this - in a Universe where there is a GOD/YOU - the Writer of the Story
    You are aware that you exist here
    yet the characters/people in your life - exist here with you also
    but they are busy being their 'God/Author' and writing their Story/Life
    and you are a supporting actor in their story - yet the Author of your Own Life

what if the Universe works the same way
    is it possible - every thought/scenario is lived out some place and is actually happening

is it atleast possible?
    test
  11. Ass Napkin Ed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    test
  12. AliceHouse

Think about this: Waveform collapse.
    test
  13. AliceHouse

So long as you're dealing in "what-fs" you're only dealing in preliminary science. Which, coincidently, is the basis of speculative fiction.

Make a prediction and test it. That's all you have to do.
    test
  14. Ass Napkin Ed

good point

its like if i live in a universe where a paralell universe exists
    is it possible then, there is a universe where a parallel universe doesnt exist

[​IMG]
    test
  15. Ass Napkin Ed

There is no way to test it.
    its like asking what happened 2 seconds before the big bang
    or whats on the other side of a black hole

yet black holes have a center and something is logically on the other side (parallel universe?)
    test
  16. AliceHouse

Exactly. There is no way to test it.

Now get out of here with your Grade 5 understanding of science.

Other side of a black hole? Are you seriously that misinformed? There is no other side to a black hole anymore than there is another side to a diamond. They're just really dense is all.
    test
  17. Ass Napkin Ed

Use your 4th Grade understanding of Science to prove that ^^^
    test
  18. Put it in my Mouth

Put it in my Mouth member

I'm dying @ the fact that Alice is attacking @AssNapkinEd for being unoriginal, smh .....Dude alice you've never been original. I mean you troll which is pathetic already & you do so pretending to be a girl who was molested, that is sick. And on top of that everything you post is copied & pasted. You've never presented 1 original thought/idea/pov. You're predictable in every way imaginable, shit even your imagination is predictable, simply put you are literally & figuratively the definition of unoriginal.
    test
  19. AliceHouse

Imagine the universe asa very large mattress.

We place balls on the mattress. A big heavy bowling ball would be the sun. It makes an impression of the mattress. That is it's gravitational force. The Earth, being much smaller, would be a baseball.

A black hole would be a BB. However, that BB would extend far, far, far deeper than any other ball because of it's gravitational force. It's incredibly dense. It does not lead to any other universes.

[Source: Einstein]
    test
  20. Put it in my Mouth

Put it in my Mouth member

The only thing remotely entertaining about how predictale & unoriginal alice is, is the amount of effort he puts into being unoriginal, ridick
    test