Papoose discussion...

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by D.Cipher, Jan 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

Ok, all you Papoose fans...what is it that makes him so hot? What makes him so appealing?

Cause in all honesty i think he's whack as shit. That alphabetical slaughter track was just dumb and most of the shit he was saying didn't even make sense. And no the concept of the song wasn't good either, it was basic as hell, that's the type of shit most people think of doing when they first start rhyming just to see how far they can go. He didn't even do a good job on it either, the whole song seriously sounded like he just opened up a dictionary and started picking and choosing.

The same goes for nearly all of his mixtape tracks, most of his punchlines are rediculously forced and corny as hell. If he doesn't learn to stay on beat i swear... The only times i've actually liked him was on monopoly, sherades, and that talib mixtape. And if you don't think he sounds a LOT like Big L you're dilusional.

But hey if you can come up with something, go ahead. Enlighten me.
    test
  2. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

That shit he did with Talib was hot, but other than that I don't really care for him
    test
  3. wilmer deryou

wilmer deryou New Member

he's dope..cuz he's relentless on tracks ..i think he's different...you cant compare him to any muthafucka...in rap nowadays rappers are to similar its boring...this dudes picks sick beats and kills em...versatile is what makes him dope...i dont care who dont feel him...i think he's ill
    test
  4. SoInsane

SoInsane New Member

The man is undeniably skilled. If you don't like him its because one of the few tracks you have heard is a song that gets quite annoying after a few minutes and that was made almost a decade ago (alphebetical slaughter). You cant expect a track that was made a decade ago that someone hears 2 months ago to still be apealing 10 years down the road.

Papoose is easily one of the most versitile rappers I personally have ever heard on the mic...his downfall is the sound of his voice, which some people dont like (I personally do, along with many others, but I do know people who dont). Hes constantly dropping knowledge, which I love to hear because I like to learn about new things (Law Library 1, 2, 3, Monopoly, Sharades, Chess, Play Your Cards Right, To The Rescue, Wake Up Everybody, Flashback, Prophecy, You Made Your Choice, Love is a Battlefield, I could go on for a long time). Its real fuckin nice hearing a rapper that can expand on subjects that need to be addressed, instead always talkin about selling coke and shootin off their guns. Not too say he doesnt rap about those things, but at least he can rap about something else when he wants to.

Another thing I think is dope is he addresses worldwide issues as they come with tracks that bring you up to speed with whats goin on, showing you facts (50 Shots, Mother Nature, Dedication) and bringing to light what the people need to know. Like when Sean Bell got shot 50 times by those cops, the only person to stand up and make a track about it was Pap. Al Sharpton "asked him to march with him" over the track, and he got a page in the New York times over the track. He told people the politics of what was happening and gave it to them in a way that everyone could understand.

And I dont know if you have ever listened to the tracks where he does talk about bustin his gun and sellin drugs and all that shit, but he does that exceptionally. (You Aint Nice, I Drop Bombs, Corner Store, Double Crosser, Dumpin (w/ 2pac), Touch The Sky, Street Rules, Across The Tracks (w/ Nas), Dangerous (w/ Wicked) ect ect.)

As for his punchlines I dont see how they are forced. Some of the best punchlines I have ever seen come out of the rap game are from Papoose. Sometimes he goes off on something for a minute and brings it back on a punchline, but its one of the more original ways ive seen a punchline dropped in the rap game. I dont see how he sounds anything like Big L in any way.

I don't know why I bothered posting on this cause Im just gonna have a bunch of people bitchin at me about how I must be his next door neighbor or some dumb shit, but personally, I could care less, so save the comments about dickriding, im trying to have a civilized conversation. So if you cant do that please save it for somewhere else. Im just glad to see someone with such talent and something else to bring to the table other than guns and drugs. I dont understand how so many rappers give him props but people online just seem to hate without even listening to what he has to say.
    test
  5. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

sounds like a wack big l.......his voice and delivery are very similar, but he does not possess the swagger that l had.....he has some dope punches here and there, but i never liked any song i've heard enough to listen more than once......i don't find him innovative, but to each his own......he is a permanent mixtape rapper to me......but it's refreshing to hear someone's actual reasoning for liking him, even though he's wack to me......

soinsane, you're a dickrider......nice essay for show and tell
    test
  6. SoInsane

SoInsane New Member

I guess you cant read. Its time for you to grow up. If you can't have a civilized conversation without trying to get some attention by saying some stupid shit trying to offend someone go somewhere else.
    test
  7. CrookedCOP

CrookedCOP New Member

soinsane is a true dickrider

papoose is just another new york punchline rapper who's career in rap will amount to jack shit like every other unoriginal ass rapper like him.
    not to mention he has one of the stupidest aliases ever, not that it's any sign of his "talent" or lack thereof.. but he just sucks. he's like 30 and doesnt have an album out, and all his mixtapes are diarrhea that only internet queers get
    test
  8. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

the dumbest dickrider who doesn't get the sarcasm of his existance.......blew the gat like a gun.....I'm still waiting for an explaination of how that is clever or dope.......give a civilized answer to the question and try to save whatever iota of dignity you have, it's so simple just give it your all grashopper
    test
  9. Who Kares

Who Kares not even your mother

lmao@ calling papoose unoriginal...you stupid fucks probably aint listened to but 5 or 10 songs from him....

i basically cosign everything soinanse said...lol @ calling him a dickryder for explaining why he likes the guy....and not to mention...he explained it way better than anyone probably could for any rapper....seems like ur riding his dick in envy....fucking losers
    test
  10. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Pap is prolly one of the most original rappers of the last decade. He does make alot of wack horrible mixtape songs, mostly the ones with features, and yes...he has alot of shitty forced punches. But overall, the guy is fucking ill. He has already got several classic songs under his belt, he can spit to any beat, and touch any subject.

As for Who Kares, you hated on him too, until I put you onto him with that joint with Nas ;)
    Pap also has some of the best and most clever punchlines Ive ever heard. I cut him slack, cause he is doing mixtapes and putting shit out in mass bulk, I really think he can make a "classic" album. He has the potential.

And just to ruin this thread, let me say Papoose > Saigon.

Sai does nothing but preach, and he pretty much sucks at it anymore.

Papoose > Grafh too.

Fuck, Papoose is easily the best mixtape rapper outside Joe Budden. He could fuck with Budden if he took more time tho. Most of Paps bad songs are the ones with features. Most of his original songs with original beats are pretty good.

But honestly, he been letting me down lately. Im hoping its cause he saving the dope shit for his album, or its all pooled together for him to choose from. We shall see..
    test
  11. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

To all that think he's good...post up some song titles or features he was on cause I'd like to hear some of this classic material
    test
  12. WillyLode

WillyLode New Member

He raps good
    test
  13. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

I wasn't really feeling his verse on that new Pac joint...it was aight but he got outshined
    test
  14. MistaChipz

MistaChipz New Member

I actually like "Getting Gwop"...that hook is ill, and the beat is on some grimey empire state shit.....
    test
  15. Kal-EL

Kal-EL Krazed Familia

I kinda sort liked that russian roulette song...just a little

but what makes me thinks the guy is soooo wack is because he's just like every other punchline rapper I've ever heard come outta the NY or anywhere else for hat matter. And to top it off, he's not really that great at it. Me personally, I think he's quite GARBAGE at it. I do give him credit for being able to step outside of the box and spit on current event subjects. It's nice to see someone go outside the box. With that being said, that doesn't make something good because it's different.

"...then I clap him in his hip, you can call it hiphop/"

"in wheel chair, like Jada Pinkett kids/"

Two of the WACKEST and most FORCED punchlines I've ever heard. And he did those on national televison. You'd think that he'd bring his "A" game for the BET hiphop awards....lol. Lupe straight SHITTED on him and so did Styles P
    test
  16. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

you mean in that cypher?.......lupe stole that show in 2 bars.....that dude is personified creativity, and he is seriously a fucking smart ass cat.......on pap though, my sentiments exactly......
    test
  17. Kal-EL

Kal-EL Krazed Familia

^^yeah, in the cypher...

Lupe killed that shit....lol@papoose supposedly being "the next big thing". then getting SHITTED on....lmao
    test
  18. SoInsane

SoInsane New Member

Lol The Cypher was whatever...Shit was barley even listenable by any of those artsists.

Lol such children, how is me giving credit where I think credit is due dickriding? You dudes are really immature. How many times do I gotta ask you cowards to stay off my dick?

Papoose also delivers punchlines in a different way that no other rapper has ever brought it to the table. Yeah yeah chill out Ill give you examples when I get home at the end of the day.
    test
  19. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

lupe came fucking brilliant in that cypher
    test
  20. N-TeLLigeNt

N-TeLLigeNt aka Novill Da Truth

Papoose is garbage... he has liek 20 mixtapes and only like 10 hot songs...and thats a stretch 2 say 10 because out of those most of em are not really hot songs they are just songs people think are hot just cuz they are different.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.