Paparazzi

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by Yahunyahti, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

I probably spelled it wrong, but whatever. I'm irritated as shit right now. I logged on to check my e-mail and the breaking news story is "Britney Spears Loses Custody Of Her Kids". I didn't think much of this, but decided after checking my e-mail to check the news and went to CNN.com . . . "Breaking News" (same stupid ass story). Then, out of curiosity I checked all of the other News Stations and the same dumb ass shit was on the main page of each Station. Why is Britney's custody battle a national concern? Why do we care? I don't.

So then I clicked on the video because I was wondering what I'm going to see that is so "breaking news"-ish. It's a video of Britney getting into her car, surrounded by Paparazzi who look like a swarm of Ethiopian flies around a starving baby's eyeball.

Shit is disturbing on so many levels:

1. Why do we give a shit about Britney Spears? This is NOT news. We have American Soldiers over in Iraq risking their lives to help install a democracy in a region of the world ruled by fascist dictators under the guise of religion and Americans are worried about whether Britney will get custody of her children or not? Isn't that what tabloids were created for? Fuck is wrong with our news over here?

THIS JUST IN (while I'm typing the story just came on television: "Breaking News!")

2. Why are the Paparazzi allowed to photograph people against their will? Why is that legal? If I'm walking down the street and a news station photographs ME (or you or anybody on this site), they have to ask for permission to show your face. Why is it different for celebrities? Why is it legal? They're just performing a job (or no longer performing a job) of entertaining people (when they sing or dance or act or whatever it is they do).

NEWS IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUCKING NEWS! This shit is NOT news. I shouldn't even know who Britney Spears is. I've never listened to a single one of her songs. I shouldn't know who Paris Hilton is, I've never seen ANYTHING she's done. What kind of a world are we living in where the King of Saudi Arabia and Chinese Diplomats knows who Paris Hilton is? We got shit way fucked up over here.
    test
  2. Biggedawgg

Biggedawgg fuck mexico

test
  3. Superman70

Superman70 edited

public figures don't have the same rights as everyone else.

I agree there's way too much focus on celebrities in the news.
    People need to wake up.
    test
  4. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

Is that written somewhere? Or are judges being paid to throw cases out?

No, we need to get laws laid down to put a stop to it. It should be set up so that magazines and newspapers must request permission from celebrities to publish their photos. THEN we will know every time we see Paris Hilton or Britney Spears that they're just trying to get attention.

So many laws need to be made and so many laws need to be thrown out that it is ridiculous.
    test
  5. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

Fuck off faggot.
    test
  6. Superman70

Superman70 edited

Yeah it actually is a law. dont know exactly where it is, this is just an excerpt I found just now

test
  7. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

Somehow, I don't think the pictures below, qualify:

http://www.queerclick.com/images/bradpitt_nudes.jpg
    http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f88/jryankb/brad-pitt-nude3-thumb.jpg

After all, he is in his backyard . . . on his own PRIVATE property and he's not doing anything that should be considered "news worthy" . . .

Britney leaving her home is not News Worthy.
    Britney losing her children is only News Worthy for tabloids and the back page of mainstream Newspapers. Twenty years ago celebrities rarely made national news (they had to earn it). Now that's all we seem to hear about and I'm sick and tired of it.
    test
  8. Feme Sole

Feme Sole Mrs. _Evil

is it true that if i masturbate god kills a kitten?
    test
  9. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

Only if you squirt.
    test
  10. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

Even though I agree that it is ridiculous how Britney Spears' life is global news, judging by views, it's actually what most people want to see. Your Entertainment Weeklys and things of that nature do what they do because people actually watch/buy their shit.

It is still illegal to take pictures of celebrities on their own property and publish them but...if some random paparazzi asshole has already taken pictures of you or your family in private and published them...you can go ahead and sue (which most celebrities do), but at the end of the day the general public has still seen those photos. So even if you win the legal case have you really won the fight? Think of the Pamela Anderson sex tape thing.

I don't know how that celebrity/entertainment law is constitutional but...Britney Spears makes about 700 grand...a month! I have a hard time feeling sorry for her.

Also, you do have the option of just changing the channel...that's what I do.
    test
  11. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

The News is more about show and spectacle. It's goal is to entertain people for the most part.
    test
  12. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Why are you bitching about the paparazzi? Bitch about the fucking news stations, they're the ones who start this shit. And fuck celebrities anyway, it's cool to go on TV and be all fucking cool-like when you're promoting something that's gonna make YOU rich... but when the paparazzi are trying to get pics of you for those same corporations who promote you, you're against it? It's called freedom of the press. If you have a problem with paparazzi you should be bitching about the news stations who support this and get the bigger pay-off out of it.

I really couldn't give a shit though, CNN is an entertainment brand. Even your local newspapers puff up the news stories to make them sound more interesting. It's all fake. Always has been.
    test
  13. kingjafaar

kingjafaar New Member

Those nuggas are always following me and I'm pretty sick of it in all honesty/
    test
  14. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Everytime I see/hear that word I think of Xzibit. Probably always will do.
    test
  15. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

And switch a real news station like BBC or Sky News. Your government does.
    test
  16. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

That's media spin bullshit. That's all they show, how do they know what people want to see? I hear people complaining about the shit all the time (from all ages). Do you actually know anybody who turns on their News to hear about Britney? Isn't that what the E channel is for? Or MTV? That stupid cunt doesn't belong on CNN. When I was a kid my father would watch the News and we'd talk about what was on it (sometimes arguing). Last night I called him up and he's like, "Did you hear about Britney Spears losing custody of her kids? I've never heard of a celebrity losing custody of their kids." I just asked him to hold on, lit a cigarette and sobbed quietly into my shoulder (okay, the sobbing didn't happen) . . . the point is, when my father brings up Britney Spears to me, I've had enough.

If they go after money, no.
    If they get them locked up and laws are passed to do so, yes.

I know when I get where I'm going, if I catch Paparazzi hiding in my tree, I'm gonna go in the house and load my piece with blanks and just come out shooting at the tree. I'll have fun with em.

What sort of man (or woman) makes a living stalking other men and women?

I don't care how much she makes, there should be laws against it. The paparazzi make her worth 700 grand a month (she hasn't done shit in years and everybody knows that musicians don't make that much money after paying all their people). They make her famous and she makes them rich and now CNN is getting involved. That's when I get pissed. This bitch does not belong on CNN. My grandmother should not know who Britney Spears is.

No, that's the problem. I want to watch the fucking news. I remember when Paris Hilton had to go to court for her stupid drunk driving bullshit. That nonsense was "Breaking News" for almost an entire week and it's all EVERYBODY on television talked about. I was like, "What the fuck is wrong with these people? It's just a skinny nobody bitch who's daddy started a bunch of hotels 20-30 years ago."

I can't help but wonder what criminal shit the Bush Administration pulled off during that week while nobody was paying attention to what matters.
    We're in a fucking war, people.
    test
  17. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

Please tell me this was a joke. Hiding on Brad Pitt's backyard wall and taking pictures of him strolling around with Jennifer Aniston is "freedom of the press"? I really hope that was a joke.

I remember when he was on Oprah a couple months later he just laughed it off and said, "Whatever, I just wish they would have told me they were coming. I wouldn't have swam first." Oprah laughed.

I was thinking: "Why the fuck is Oprah asking Brad Pitt about his cock? Shouldn't Oprah be fighting the paparazzi who do this shit in the same way she fights the N-Word?"

I do. This is not NEWS.
    What's pitiful is that Henry David Thoreau predicted (more like declared and warned) the people in the mid-1800's when the "penny press" came out with their weekly newspapers that it would degenerate into mere gossip, infecting the minds of people around the world. He even told them that the only other purpose the News would serve is to spread propaganda and when there wasn't propaganda to be spread there would be lies and gossip.

This whole system is just fucked sideways. The problem is that so many people grew up in it and can't even see that it's just a big mind-fuck. People ignorantly call this freedom and say they are proud to be an American for it. For what? What the fuck is an American? What defines an American? Somebody who lives between invisible man-made borders, who believes things are either this or that, left or right, good or bad, positive or negative? What is American culture? Fast food and stupid celebrities, energy drinks and SUV's? What the fuck is wrong with Americans and why can't you all see it?

I don't remember the last time I heard anything about Canada on the News. They may as well not even exist. And Africa? Other than starving babies, nobody here knows anything about Africa. Even Black people just make shit up (pretending that Ancient Egyptians were ALL black). The schools don't teach anything about Ancient Egypt or Mesopotamia, Asia or Russia (other than the Cold War), Africa or even India. It's just European, Greek and Roman history. Parents don't want their children learning Jewish, Christian or Muslim Mythology (I think the books SHOULD be taught as mythology), yet they don't mind them learning about Zeus and Apollo and how Zeus raped human women and created half-human/god babies which waged wars against one another in places like Troy. That's perfectly fine for Literature here, but let somebody mention the Hebrew God or the Persian Gods, Indias Gods or Egypts Gods . . . oh, no no no. These fuckin Greeks got you nikkas brainwashed over here. The solution is so simple, if you want to dead organized religion, don't ban it from schools . . . that's stupid . . . teach it in schools as Literature and people will stop believing these preachers. But, the government doesn't want that. They get contributions (politically) by these religious fucks and so they ban the teaching of it in school (by getting the media to perpetuate an anti-religious stance) and the sheep just baaa and follow their shepherd. But, Americans don't realize that their shepherds are really wolves. And if they do, they should stop following them. It's one thing to be blind and ignorant, it's another to be able to see and know the truth and simply do nothing to change it.

Why is it that the majority of Americans think of God as an old man in the sky? Why? That's not the Biblical perception of God. That's not the Jewish concept of God or the Ancient Egyptian concept of God. Where did that come from? It came from the Greeks. It came from them, the concept of a white bearded God who floats above the clouds. The Egyptians and Hebrews weren't that stupid. Only Greeks would create something that stupid. Keep in mind, these stupid fucking Greeks still thought the Earth was flat until 1492. These stupid fucking Greeks believed the sun revolved around the earth all the way up until Copernicus said otherwise. Copernicus wasn't the first to say it. The Pharaoh Akhenaten wrote it on a Stela 3,300 years ago. "All things make their journey around you and you move all things, Aten. Your globe (not disk) in the sky is the source of all life on earth and you have created us through it, as you have created it and the numerous other Atens throughout the heavens."

How can white people claim to have discovered America? People already lived here! How can they have figured out that the earth is round when Egyptians had a calendar of 364 days (28 day months, 13 months in a year)? The Egyptians knew the earth was round 5,000 years ago! These motherfuckers have been liars since the beginning. That's all they do is distort reality. They've got the world fucked up and blinded.

That's what is ridiculous about Richard Dawkins comparison between YHWH and Allah to Zeus. They aren't the same concept. They never were.
    Greeks are the ones who struggle to understand that. Greeks are the ones who apparently are so steeped in their lust and petty desires that they can't comprehend a metaphysical existence. How can they, all they focus on are the base desires and the material world around them which they can experience with the physical senses. Is there not more to life? Are these fucking white people this pathetic that they can't experience the divine?

It shouldn't be.
    test
  18. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

It's all connected, man. That's why nothing changes here. You can't fix this piece of shit country and the fucked ass mentalities of the people over here. You can't. It's not possible.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.