Pacquiao vs Hatton....

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by NOBLE SOLDIER, May 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. test
  2. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

God damn, that was the biggest rape I've seen since Anderson Silva vs. Chris Leben.
    test
  3. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

so glad I didn't pay for this-or even leave the house

my n!gga
    test
  4. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Paquaio's gonna take out Mayweather... Nobody wants to listen to me, but we'll see. I can see exactly how the fight is gonna go too.
    test
  5. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

Oh do tell, Negrodamus.
    test
  6. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

It's going to be similar to what Zab was doin' to Mayweather early in the fight. The only difference is that Pacquaio has better footwork, combos, AND head movement than Zab. And his speed is very close to Zab's... That's a lethal combination.

Mayweather's gonna do the same shit and back up doin' that defensive counter punching shit. He's gonna get caught up in the ropes and Pacquaio's gonna hit 'em with the quickest, hardest, most accurate series of combinations he's ever felt. You can't block hands you can't see... Like they said during the fight: "LIGHTNING FAST HANDS... OPPONENTS CAN SEE HIS PUNCHES!"

Pacquaio took at Mayweather's last two opponents with much more dominance. And weather people wanna say De La Hoya was finished or not... Even during the Mayweather fight, De La Hoya's defense was top knotch. If you really watched that fight (I watched it over 10 times) you see Mayweather wasn't landing much either. The stats were wrong and the broadcasters even pointed it out... De La Hoya was parrying a lot of the punches and blocking them.

De La Hoya couldn't do that with Pacman. My prediction is 7 round ref stoppage/TKO/KO - Pacman.
    test
  7. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

i might have to bet on mayweather now, looks like homie gonna be the underdog surprisingly.. but i can see how really.. only thing is i cant even come close to guaranteeing a mayweather win.. pac is unbelievable right now, hes in his prime
    test
  8. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

dont front like you the only one, theres a LOT of people callin for pacman over mayweather, especially after this fight with mayweather makin the return.. lol your not alone homie, in all honesty after last night id bet your in the majority now
    test
  9. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

lets see floyd beat jmm before we start talking about paq v floyd
    test
  10. iAMhell

iAMhell New Member

I'll just post what I typed on another forum...

Hatton is not a hyped up British sports person, the fact is he has only lost twice and both times to the p4p champions, and both times his tactics were ridiculous!

Don't get me wrong, Pacman and Mayweather are the better boxers but Ricky had the tools and ability to take them all the way (well not at 147, but deffinetely at 140).

His heart ruled his mind, also he looked very weak compared to before, his lifestyle has been catching up with him and it can happen overnight. I was saying it from the weigh ins that he didn't look strong and it showed in the fight, as well as having a really stupid gameplan.

Lee Beard - "Ricky drifted from the game plan - he turned it into a brawl and got caught."

You could see on 24/7 Pacman practising those punches and Hatton was saying 'He does the same thing' and he was training for it but decided to throw that out of the window? wtf?!! he didn't give any respect to pacmans speed and power, which is another mistake. Leading in with hooks and continuing to press without using a jab is amateur stuff, you cannot power through the best, I've seen Hatton box when he wants to and he is pretty good, at least it would've made the fight more interesting, he could've hurt Pacman, then who knows, but it's hindsight now and he's lost his chance.

Basically in his two biggest fights he didn't even give himself a chance to compete, he should retire now, once you get ko'd and once you realise you cannot compete at the top with brawling tactics it's pointless to carry on.

He should maybe fight JMM after he loses to Mayweather for his last fight, it's more his type of fight.

Well done to pacman though, fantastic, it's a shame Mayweather wants the fight at 145 because at 140 it would deffinetely be more epic, but it'll be a top bout anyway.
    test
  11. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I was sayin' this months ago around the time of the De La Hoya fight. And everyone was sayin' I was crazy! I didn't just start sayin' it after last night....
    test
  12. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

lol-yall niggaz is gassed b/c the knock out is fresh in your mind(Hatton pretty much walked into both of his ko's)

think back to how hard it was for Pac to overcome JMM

JMM is a better technician than Pacman

Pac is faster more explosive

however-neither of them have the defensive capabilites of Floyd

defense > offense

Floyd is gonna break Manny down systematicly

Manny is a gifted Physical specimen, but Floyd can "figure out" how to beat anyone

this will be similar to how he fought Zab Judah(as was said earlier)

He will beat Marquez b/c he is faster and has the best defensive skills in the game...
    test
  13. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

That's funny that Pacquaio was much more dominating against Hatton and De La Hoya, and you still say that.

False... JMM is NASTY and Pacquiao did have a hard time beating him but fact of the matter is, Pacquiao has improved DRAMATICALLY since those fights. Every boxing analysit talks about the vast improvement of Pacquiao even in the last year. He's even gotten faster, as incredible as that sounds.

It depends on how much better the defense is than the offense. You can't block what you can't see. Mayweather will not be able to see Pacquiao's hands. I'm sorry. Plus he has better speed, head movement, footwork, and combinations (in combination) than anyone Mayweather has ever faced.

[quote[Manny is a gifted Physical specimen, but Floyd can "figure out" how to beat anyone

this will be similar to how he fought Zab Judah(as was said earlier)[/quote]

Zab's footwork, combinations, and head movement are nowhere near the Pacman's. He has similar speed but that is about it.

Yes, he will be Marquez but it should be a good fight. Then Pacman is gonna take 'em out in 7 or 8 IMO.
    test
  14. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

Manny has too many problems with JMM for me to see him dominate Floyd

JMM deserved a least one win over Pac-he was robbed

however-JMM won't Give Floyd the same problems as Pac, b/c Floyd is defense oriented-thus he not gonna be comming forward as reckless as Pac or Juan Diaz fought him

Floyd will beat Pac in 10 rounds, by going to the body early

trust-enuff body shots and even Pacman will be out of steam in the late rounds...

Floyd has the best defense of any boxer I have ever seen(honestly)

most boxers rely heavily on offense
    test
  15. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

You can say that all you want but then Manny had a MUCH easier time with De La Hoya and Hatton than Mayweather had. When did the first Marquez vs. Pacquiao happen? 2004! Manny has improved dramatically since those fights... And at the end of the day, he still won!

And no... Pacquiao doesn't only come forward wrecklessly. He does it tactically. His head movement and foot work is second to none, at the moment. He's just incredible.

And Pacquiao is one of the best offensive boxers I've ever seen that uses defense during offense. Just like on the first knock down in the fight, how he dipped his head as he landed a knock down blow.
    test
  16. iAMhell

iAMhell New Member

pacman used to be reckless but in his last two fights he's shown improvement by moving in and out
    test
  17. DisFunction

DisFunction New Member

mayweather and pacman will never happen .. floyd jr is a pussy...and won t ever happen cause floyd is scurred of him, cotto, margarito, mosley, ext..ext..ext..ext..

bottomline..

btw ricky fatton is the biggest bum ever....
    test
  18. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

Pac had an easier time b/c he is an offensive power puncher, where as Floyd is more defense oriented.

JMM is an excellent counter puncher, but does not have the same polished defense Floyd has.

As a result, he is Pac toughest opponent-giving him the most problems b/c of his skill. Floyds superior skill will give Pac more problems still.

Floyd has fought guys with superior offense & speed before.
    Manny has never fought a fighter as skilled in both areas of defense and offense and who has as mucj ring intelligence as Floyd.

Floyd measures other boxers pretty accuratley-like he's seen it all before...

He has a deep a varied arsenal offensvely as well.

He is not a power puncher though, which is why his fights may last longer...

Floyd has been unbeaten for a long time. His offensive arsenal is much more deep and varied than Pacs. Pac is getting better with each fight, but Floyd has tools in his arsenal which he is yet to display.

Text book techniques he had ingarined in him since he could walk....

I think Joshua Clottey(who will also give both pac & Floyd lots of problems) & Chad dawson have better defense within there offense.

Manyy got the early ko because Hatton is over aggrresive, and did not apply anything he learned in the Maywhether camp consistantly.

I did notice in the fight at the start of the 2nd rnd Hatton executed exzactly what Maywhether SR instructed in the corner-with accurate results.

Then he reverted back to his old tactics which got him kncoked down & knocked out.

Like I said, defense is superior to offense
    test
  19. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

blah, blah , blah
    [youtube]FIEdYXeUMKQ[/youtube]
    test
  20. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

No he hasn't. Name a person with superior speed and offense than Manny. You're makin' shit up. Only person close was probably Zab but Zab is half the offensive fighter overall Pacman is.

And again... Pacquiao's improvement since those fights are dramatic since those Marquez fights and he still NEVER LOST! Even with the "controversy" during those fights, one of the judges didn't judge the first round 10-6 like a 3 knockdown round is supposed to be and judged it 10-7. AND PACQUIAO STILL WON!

I feel Manny does the same thing except HE IS A POWER PUNCHER.

SORRY DU', FLOYD'S LIST OF OPPONENTS IS NOT AS STRONG AS MANNY'S HAS BEEN. MANNY HAS FOUGHT MUCH BETTER OPPONENTS THROUGHOUT HIS CAREER. FLOYD HAS DODGED A LOT.

IT DEPENDS ON HOW GOOD THE DEFENSE AND OFFENSE IS... AGAIN, IF YOU'RE OFFENSE IS THAT GOOD, IT CANNOT BE STOPPED. IT'S JUST LIKE A CORNERBACK GUARDING A WIDE RECEIVER... IF THE RECEIVER IS REALLLLLYYY GOOD, HE HAS A MAJOR ADVANTAGE OVER EVEN THE BEST CORNERS... Because he doesn't watch the ball and he doesn't know when it's coming while receivers can wait 'til the last second before they put their hands up and make the catch. It's the same thing with throwing a punch. If the puncher is THAT GOOD, he's not going to know where he's gonna punch. Manny's hands are too fuckin' fast. Sorry........
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.