P90X vs. Insanity..a quick breakdown

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Alias3000, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

Both programs are excellent. I have both. I just started on Insanity after I had P90X for a while. I suggest if you wanna fuck with either of these programs and you're a novice, start with P90X becuz Insanity will bust your heart muscle if you're not ready for it...lol..

P90X- 6-8 discs
    90 days
    Ripped results

Insanity - 3-4 dics
    60days
    Shredd results

If you want the best body of your life ever, you can't miss with either one of these programs.
    test
  2. The Steve

The Steve Space monkey I am not

Hmmmm

I'm a bit confused on the difference between 'ripped' and 'shredd'. Could you break these down a bit further for me?
    test
  3. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

Ripped = 50 Cent
    Shredded = LL Cool J
    test
  4. The Steve

The Steve Space monkey I am not

Yeah there's really no difference between 'ripped' and 'shredded', they're synonymous. I was just mocking you.
    test
  5. Gwame

Gwame no luckycharms in ireland

Buzz words ftw eh?
    test
  6. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

I did a round of P90X and made some pretty good gains in size and strength (I was fairly sedentary and jumped right in to p90x).

then I moved to Insanity by itself. I noticed by the end of the first month that I'd already lost mass and power, especially in my upper body/chest/back. I was losing fat too, but i WANTed size and Insanity can't do that by itself.
    test
  7. Ruby Gloom

Ruby Gloom Lovely

Useless info--my friend is in the P90X infomercial ;) She did an amazing transformation using that workout.

Believe she also won 10K$ and 50K$ in one of their giveaways for her transformation.
    test
  8. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

If you want to gain mass you want a program that includes more weight training and less cardio while at the same time increasing your caloric intake above your BMR.

p90x is a great general exercise program to keep fit but it is not designed as a 'mass building' program. In fact it's generally a weight loss program.

Now, if you want mass eat like a horse (cleanly as possible) and lift heavy. Yes, you will gain some fat as well - but you'll get rid of that later in your cutting phase.
    test
  9. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

truth. i was never looking to gain mass, but I wasn't expecting to lose so mass and strength so quickly as I did when doing just Insanity

p90x is really perfect for a father/husband/graduate student like myself. get to work out at home while my kid's asleep.

I modify a lot. instead of doing a zillion lunges I wear a 60lb vest, hold 50lb weights in each hand and do 10 or so. instead of doing 25-30 push ups I put about 35lbs i the vest and do 10-12. that helps, at least a little, limit the extent to which i do hundreds of push-ups and only increase my endurance.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.