overlooked aspect of car performance...

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by Offbeat, Jan 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trifle

trifle New Member

the saga continues....
    test
  2. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

I'm not exactly sure what work has been done to my exhaust, I bought it with it already modded - but I looked at the piping and it seems like everything was replaced.

Yeah, ok - we get it, if me and the Accord have the same mods, the Accord wins. But the thing is if I mod my car, I can take an Accord. That's the point of modding a car. I'm sure the Vipers you raced would be killing you with your GTI if the Viper had crazy weight reductions. But the fact is - I HAVE AN EXHAUST and THEY DON'T. That's the card I play.

I'm not sure what the fastest all time FWD 3000GT is using non-turbo, SC, or nitrous. I DO KNOW that alot of people on 3/S International claim to be doing 14 mid and low 14s with very little work with them driving it. Like I said, the all time fastest 3GT FWD is in the low 11s, and there is a $3600 + change turbo kit for the 3GT/VR4 that boasts it will take the car into the 10s. Many TT FWDs claim to get 400HP to the wheels without juice.
    test
  3. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

I mean for the exhaust... is it from the cat all the way back, or from like the midpipe...

No yeah i got you... you run what you brung idea... makes sense and i feel you on that. But you still won't beat the accord... I promise you that. Maybe a good run with an auto but not a manual.

Well the thing is this with our cars as well.. Take my gti, it is a fairly new style and with that being said, we still don't have many in the 11's with upgraded turbos. But within 2 years there are going to be more and more hitting that and 10's

But since you car is a 10 yr old car you have alot more out there for you car and alot of ppl know the inside and out of the car. LIke my A2 GTI.... shit we have ppl in the low 10s. And some with rabbits in the 9's... soo you know more years you have in learning teh inside out of the car the better the times will be.

400whp to a FWD car is kinda nutz. Mine was pushing that limit and you have no traction. I mean i break away in 1 2 and 3rd gears. And my car was about 700 lbs lighter than yours. Although I had 11 sec track car... I am sure it was a 12 sec street car. Actually I know it was cause you have no traction. I drove with drag radials in the summer. But you know it was a project car. I can't get away from them dammit. If all goes right FD3 with 400rwhp is in my future.
    test
  4. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

I haven't checked the exhaust but I do know it is at LEAST the midpipe, I wen't underneath the car to check to see if it was just a "muffler tip" swap.

But yeah, I saw the video of the Rabbit destroying the MK4 Supra... Crazy.

I agree, but think about my 700 extra pounds will give me some valuable grip. And the 400whp was without nitrous...
    test
  5. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

Granted but my cousins GTI is putting down 300whp now with his new turbo upgrade. With his upgrade tranny to handle to new found power and the new rubber he has on his car.... shit still doesnt matter. With him and I in the car we still have enough power to break free. Also, have a buddy down in VA beach with 388whp on pump gas... and traction is always going to be an issue.

I have the video of his car in action. Against a car that would rival my car in power/weight ratio... and you get to see how fast his car is, well atleast from a roll. If you have cable connection hit me up and I will send it to you on AIM.
    test
  6. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

tigre, u asked whats the fastest n/a 3000gt all engine

well, someone made it into the 13s, all engine n/a
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.