Overhauling or Pimp my ride

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by Trey M, May 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

At first the "Pimp my ride" show had me interested, but now that they are with that corny shit like bubble-blowing exhaust's and what not I'm done........neway that overhauling show is tight....they do the whole car....engine and all
    test
  2. Polar

Polar Rep Levels Are Ghey

Yeah Overhaulin' is a good show. Not only do they do the entire car to include under the hood, but the car owners have no clue. Pimp my Ride is more funny than anything else. I actually liked the Chevy Luv though....minus the hood scoops, and flames that is.
    test
  3. trifle

trifle New Member

I don't have a tv plugged in in my house.. cliff's notes?
    test
  4. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

I rather send my car to Monster Garage, atleast I like what they do with their vehicles... and nothing beats this one...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Amazing paint job.. and great work..
    test
  5. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

Is that from "monster garage"??
    test
  6. Tigre

yeah
    test
  7. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

Naw I Dont Like That Truck.. But Overhauling Is Much Better.. I Just Watch Pimp My Ride.. B.c I'm Curious.
    test
  8. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

overhaulin did this old school vert for some clown that used to be on "beverley hills 90210"....that shit was nice
    test
  9. Tigre

LOL.. curious to see how fucked up they can make a car look?

Or curious to see how much money they can waste on a 1985 nissan wagon
    test
  10. Mellow Madness

test
  11. OG FrOgGy JoHnSoN

OG FrOgGy JoHnSoN ALCATRAZ INC.

overhaulin did a phat ass job on that elcamino
    test
  12. De'yon

De'yon Hustle Payper On the Beat

I think its an unfair comparison .

over haulin has better cars to work with , who couldnt make and elcamino, chevelle , or camaro look nice .

the job they did with the maxima station wagon on pimp my ride was extremely creative......it turned out looking like some klinda baby blazer or somthing ......

but chip foose is the man thos ........but I also want a WCC car tho
    test
  13. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

yeah I was watchin that guy Foose....buddy make his own rims and draw the car b4 it's even made.......
    test
  14. Mellow Madness

lol did u guys see the beatle last nite? i think it was a 67 super beatle

only thing i liked were the rims.. and the new engine.. shit could've been ill if it was black/red
    test
  15. Flow Da HoloGraff

Flow Da HoloGraff Fuck Up!

where does overhauling come on at
    test
  16. FórmÅl LôGíc

FórmÅl LôGíc Black Listed

TLC or something.
    test
  17. DjRemedy

DjRemedy New Member

Fuck pimp my ride waht if you have aa OK car and not a shit ride id hit up monster garage too
    test
  18. darithS

darithS New Member

Overhauling fully customizes and builds every single part of your car, Pimp my ride just puts on a paint job, wheels, and some entertainment shit, they don't do nothing to your engine so in a few month your motor blows and there goes your car... overhauling is wayyyyy better
    test
  19. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

pimp my ride is the most lame shit ever...

its not even rice....but much worse.
    test
  20. Ramsos

Ramsos The Real Highsider.

I'm glad to see this thread because I thought it was just me that thinks Pimp my ride is garbage, don't get me wrong they do some nice stuff like candy paint, nice rims, some nice interiors ans DVD systems. But they do some stuff thats just plain wrong for instance manual pop Top sunroofs(come on they say they spend 20 to 30 thousand on these cars then why don't they put in electric moon roofs.) also bubble blowing exhaust, Exspresso machine in the console, fish tank in the seat, 8-track player in the glove box,tv mounted on the ceiling (no not a flip down but actually mounted so that you have to have the seats laid all the way down to see it) Tv's mounted on the doors (this could be cool if they had put one somewhere on the dash) And finally those big ass hood scoops they bondo onto the hood. Overhaulin' is great they do some quaility work, Chip Foose is the man. I used to have a lot more respect for west coast customs before pimp my ride, I used to put them up there with 310 motoring but now I don't know. Well that's not really fair because if you go to there website they have some great rides.
    Some other good shows at least to me are "Rides"(TLC), "Ride with Funkmaster Flex"(Spike TV), "Monster Garage"(Discovery Channel), "American Hotrod" ( Discovery), "Trucks' (Spike TV), Horsepower Tv (Spike TV), "American Chopper"(Discovery Channel),and Popular Hotrodding TV (Spike TV)
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.