over reaction much?

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by DragonAndLance, Jun 15, 2013.

1. DragonAndLance

DragonAndLance Shoryuken!

I know threads on this topic have been done to death (altho bva has been dead so it shouldnt matter).. but srsly guise.

I don't like the layout. I don't like some 'key' (word used loosely) features being taken away. I don't like some new shit (trophies) being added.

But is this really the cause of you 'LEAVING RM 4EVER, OMGOMGOMG'? Furrreal guys, calm down, just because rm is your life doesn't mean suicide is the answer.

give it a few days, weeks, and see what they add. if the same people posted why does it matter what it looks like..? why would you stay on a forum strictly for some random ass features and a layout? OTBVA is WAYYY different than RM and its not just the layout or features.. the people are what differentiate the two forums, and what make them what they are.

people hate change.. thats the natural order of thing, but people get use to it. how many people here hated/had friends who hated on facebook changes? *raises hand* how many people left facebook and went to myspace, google plus or something else because of said changes? *no hands* (people trying to say even with the changes facebook still is better than myspace and google plus.. moot point. otbva isnt better than rm, and rm isn't/wasn't better than otbva. they both appeal to all different people, most other hip hop forums won't be better, just different. what other forum can proudly boast having so many willys on their roster anyways?

i can see people taking a short break or something, posting less because of their favourite shit not being here. but this is clearly a work in progress.. and some y'all acting like total babies..

this place was already in a decline before the change anyways, with the twins, watermage, marty, iknowall, know the ledge, soda, notsure all posting less or not at all. this new layout may just put the nail in the coffin, but, please do not act like this is a good reason to stop posting until they bring back the old layout(which wont happen)..

lol long post becuz im tired of all the whining.

get some respected posters opinions..
    @nnnnnnnnn @SpecialOhEmPics @SHOWTIME @VanillaNigga @serge @JackDeuce n whoever else I missed
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    test
  2. nnnnnnnnn

nnnnnnnnn DOUG MUNNiE ~EZMunnieCLIQ

:deadeye:

its only been 3 days u dick ass

it takes time to fix things , takes like 5 days or maybe even more

ignorance must be bliss huh OP ....... u cant just DO things , u gotta build momentum and suspense or etc

how about u go build a website and come back pretending like u know things
    test
  3. DragonAndLance

DragonAndLance Shoryuken!

but.. but.. im agreeing with you man
    test
  4. nnnnnnnnn

nnnnnnnnn DOUG MUNNiE ~EZMunnieCLIQ

stfu and stop posting if i owned u already

mods close thread , run back to otbva diva
    test
  5. SpecialOhEmPics

SpecialOhEmPics Well-Known Member

test
  6. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

BVA has more threads complaining about the changes than any other section on the site.

Maybe that counts for something.
    test
  7. SpecialOhEmPics

SpecialOhEmPics Well-Known Member

also has like 10 times more daily users tho

who else would care audio emcee hook ips? that whole forum is useless. not one audio emcee hookin up there
    test
  8. JackDeuce

JackDeuce Well-Known Member

I'm not respected, negged
    test
  9. Alaskan BBQ

Alaskan BBQ With That Said...

:bender:
    as long as the rapper smilies work im good
    test
  10. mdk

mdk i dump and i sprout

People are going a little too drama queen but there is some work to be done on the site

If people wanna stop posting they should do so quietly
    test
  11. Crescent Swerve

Crescent Swerve Well-Known Member

lol he was agreeing with your opinion , his OP is exactly what you just wrote homie .. guess with all the other threads about it you just assumed he was bitching about layout b4 even readin
    test
  12. serge

serge Well-Known Member

Honestly, I've gotten used to it. The narrow layout got fixed but the avatars need to come back and the fact that they screwed up the battlerapper emoticon interface just shows incompetence. The layout still looks cluttered because the colors don't change after you click a link. Subtly showing my avatar next to a thread that I posted in doesn't give me eye rest and anyone that's ever done lists of any sort will tell you that you need different color fonts at certain points down so the reader has an easier time going through the read.

What's most annoying though, out of everything, is that the only true update that I've noticed is the alerts prompt, which was long overdue. Aside from that it all just feels like a step back. The sticky section looks ridiculously cluttered. I just don't see why certain new aspects weren't added to the original VB instead of fixing something that wasn't broken in the first place.
    test
  13. Tom HAAANHKS

Tom HAAANHKS That digga

People did overreact a bit, myself included, but the fact remains. The change didn't improve a single thing and it's clear that it did kill a good portion of the traffic. Just look at how many thread views and replies are on the stickied battles and compare that to the old version of the site. I know I shouldn't care because most people on this site were faggots (especially those that joined in 2013) but I feel like a lot of good posters got driven away and now it's just gonna be these new gays joining and the old-new gays staying. Gay.
    [​IMG]
    test
  14. VanillaNigga

VanillaNigga Alf Gang 2.0

I don't know. I feel like there was more quality control before. All these shitty posters just came out of hiding and its annoying. If the old functionaity isn't back I probably just won't be here as often. Yeah yeah I get it, no one will care, and if you don't well fuck you too I probably don't even talk to you on here anyways

But really whoever runs this site made a terrible decision
    test
  15. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

The whole system the site runs on is different now. It's made by a new company created by people that jumped ship from the company that made vB. Presumably because they saw what a piece of shit vB was turning into and didn't want to have anything to do with it. This new version will have all the stuff that vB had as well as other things that weren't in vB. Honestly I'm glad they decided on this instead of going to vB4 because that's where it starts feeling like the forums are just an after thought for the blogging and CMS system. Don't get me wrong, it's nice. That's why I run my site on it but my site isn't meant to be a discussion forum. It's a blog/content site.

I do agree about the eye rest thing for sure though. I'm willing to bet there's a styling script that can be installed to alternate the cells for posts in darker shades of grey so that it's a littler easier on the eyes. Not to mention that it looks a little better that way as well.
    test
  16. queensnyc

queensnyc MoveBirdsLikeAnnaPaquin

the man got a point . repped
    test
  17. SHOWTIME

SHOWTIME ducking rich dolarz

No, not over reacting at all. I can't even keep up on the forum anymore due to the changes. The notifications system is terrible.
    test