OTBVA is recruiting 3 mods. Anyone interested?

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by serge dot T, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

IP check??

PEACE
    test
  2. illmatiK23

illmatiK23 .gif game proper

Graffik is his rap battle persona.
    test
  3. padwan87

padwan87 I AM NEIL LENNON

i was jokin man,u r a gd poster imo.

i just dnt think its how long u been a member of the site tht shud determine if you are gonna be a gd mod or not.

tht bein said RM shud take into account older posters views wen makin decisions.
    test
  4. reznick

reznick New Member

Sifu, bill gates doesnt have to start at an apple retail store if he wanted an executive position in Apple. To a certain extent, mods should be chosen based on posting style/personality, not how many years they've been here.

I do think several mod choices were bad, but once a member as been here 1-2+ years, its all the same imo
    test
  5. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

Just for the record, I was lurking BVA since '06 when it was still named emceebattles.com. I just didn't feel a need to register an account until '09 when the forum started really getting active and more people would regularly post. When I first started coming here there was like maybe 70 active members viewing the forum at most and probably still less than 200 people total viewing the forum at any given time. There wasn't people posting here 24 hours a day. I could literally just check every few days or every other week and I still wouldn't miss out on most of the battles that would pop up on here or some of the entertaining discussions that would take place between battlers.

BTW I nominate Sifu for a mod spot for being the biggest whiner with a chip on his shoulder in this thread. You literally complain every time someone is made mod or gets a red name and no one mentions you. You talk about a join date like posting is a job and you're just waiting until you can receive your pension. The only reason I even jokingly give you a nomination and even acknowledge these tantrums is because you think you can do better job. The real reason that no one mentions you is because you rarely post here anymore yet you still feel entitled to some special treatment for some reason. You love to complain but you rarely offer any worthwhile solutions.

While you may have somewhat of a point on many nominations in this thread being a popularity contest, the mods are still going to pick people based on who they feel will do the best job because if they don't, they'll still have to deal with that person on a day to day basis.

I can tell you from having to offer my input on choosing mods in the past, you don't make much of a case on why anyone should even validate your complaining with a mod position.
    test
  6. dmac0850

dmac0850 New Member

mod me up shun.
    im an innovator
    test
  7. padwan87

padwan87 I AM NEIL LENNON

as i was saying,imo length of time you have been a member doesn't equate to how gd a mod you will make,tht was my first point.

and the second point was tht,maybe the mods/owner shud ask all the older posters how they feel about things tht are going to be happening on the site to try and curb any ill will tht may occur if they feel like they are bein overlooked.

i wasn't even a member b4 bva so i was just tossin in my 2 cents bcoz i am bored,plz continue.
    test
  8. reznick

reznick New Member

jeff make me mod but these are the conditions

- bobba and choppa are mods too

- otbva remains my primary site

- uncensor the url

- dont ask me to do much
    test
  9. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

dead @ how conservative dmac's profile is compared to mine
    test
  10. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

a long time ago I woulda gladly been a mod....IO hated the trolls like drew and them and I woulda banned them and made their life difficult while maintaining posters like EG and Lush and Passwurdz and Bo-Rat and others that used to be regulars in BVA....

NOW....

I dont care......

I used to get a lot of enjoyment out of this site....from socializing to bullshitting to discussing.....but not anymore, the people I used to socialize with are not here anymore and the bullshitting is on a different level to what I enjoy and the discussions are pretty lame for the most part....

If stating the obvious is 'bitching and complaining' then so be it....

PEACE
    test
  11. reznick

reznick New Member

dont you guys have the pit to not worry about "outside" posters?

Or is eyerate fuckin shit up n givin kids wedgies there
    test
  12. reznick

reznick New Member

if theres still time for a shoe shine

but we must prioritize
    test
  13. BasedNIGLETT

BasedNIGLETT THROWIN LOGS OUTA CHIMNEY

posting to check if im mod yet
    test
  14. BEEF Z

BEEF Z New Member

This seems to be a long process
    test
  15. BrZyVnIVidiVci

BrZyVnIVidiVci ........

nominating crunk and andre
    test
  16. TheProle

TheProle Pls go, Milhouse.

You guys can hate, but SiFu is dropping intellect in this topic.
    test
  17. reznick

reznick New Member

Sifu send me an iphone5 pl0x
    test
  18. ProfessorU

ProfessorU Legendary Russian Fresh

Torture rack lex luger this nigga
    test
  19. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

It usually is. IDK how it's done here but on LetsBeef we usually have a nomination and then all the mods take a vote with myself and the other admins have final say.
    test
  20. Gwame

Gwame no luckycharms in ireland

Half of the people who would've been prime candidates left the site in recent weeks, so yeah the process is harder than it should be
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.