OT: World Cup Thread

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by talal12345, May 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. talal12345

talal12345 Member

[youtube]idLG6jh23yE&[/youtube]

England or Spain will go all the way.
    test
  2. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

lol @ England go all the way

PEACE
    test
  3. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

I aint a sports fan at all but that commercial got me amped lol shit was epic as fuck hahaha

PEACE
    test
  4. kuwait.rep

kuwait.rep New Member

I don't know, I just have this feeling it's Messi's year. If that knucklehead Maradona knows how to play Tevez, Milito, and Messi together then it'll be Argentina's. I can't believe he didn't take Cambiasso.

Spain are the obvious favorites though, especially the way Xavi's been playing this year. Torres is going to be key though, will he be fit in time?
    test
  5. xghamdix

xghamdix Well-Known Member

^

co-sign everything he said.

Cambiasso has been fucking epic for the past 2 years and more i just don't understand that decision at all. I'm always rooting for Argentina but i don't think Maradona has got it in him to go all the way tbh.

Spain has the best line-up so far if they can't win this time it probably will never happen.
    test
  6. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

lol @ Cambiasso not going. I didn't know that.

And seriously thinking England will get to the Semis is just tacky.
    test
  7. Joey70s

Joey70s New Member

England are gonna mop the floor with you Americans. Cambiasso or not Argentina have a great chance, then again Maradonna seems completly off his nut. Could be a good thing though. I also see one of the African teams having a good run this year, maybe Ghana.
    test
  8. Look im Gangsta

I doubt England could catagorically thrash America.

On paper it should be easy as fuck, but in practice it never is with England.
    test
  9. Joey70s

Joey70s New Member

Have you not been watching England over the past 18 months ? We will destroy them. US have lost the last 3 out of 4 matches. I think they are playing Turkey today, have to see how they fair i geuss
    test
  10. sporatic

sporatic New Member

Spain or Brazil tbh.
    test
  11. Look im Gangsta

They've managed high scorelines against shit teams and lost against every decent team they've played. France, Neth and Brazil.

England still look as unconvincing as they have done since 02.
    test
  12. Joey70s

Joey70s New Member

We didnt lose to Holland. And you seriously think USA have a chance of beating England?

get em fuck outta here
    test
  13. iAMhell

iAMhell New Member

England got injury worries over 4/5 players now who keep missing some training sessions, gerrard, g.johnson, barry etc. we would've had a chance if we had a fully fit squad but unless it all clicks I can see us getting knocked out in the quarter finals again....

Brazil and Spain are favourites but with people counting Argentina out if they get their shit together, or if Maradona gets his shit together they can win it.
    test
  14. Look im Gangsta

I didn't say that, did I?

It'll just be another unconvincing win and American's keep banging on about how they 'nearly' beat Brazil in the Copa.
    test
  15. Look im Gangsta

Fitness isn't an issue. They just don't play well as a team. Fair enough if England played well when everyone was fit then you could make that claim, but they haven't, so you can't.

Moaning about injuries is just a typical English cop out.
    test
  16. Joey70s

Joey70s New Member

I cannot believe you think Cappello's 2010 team is just as unconvincing Sven's 2002 team . You have no idea son.
    test
  17. BinoSWI

BinoSWI Half Jamaikan Half Scouse

Nahh Capello will make sure England will get to the semis, as will Rooney, he's seriously going to be a problem. Argentina have a sick attack but other than Mascherano I'm not too convinced about them defensively. Span just have a squad full of world class players and seriously I think they will be unbeatable if they do they shit.
    test
  18. iAMhell

iAMhell New Member

England have played well as a team when it is balanced. Capello has still not solved the problem of playing Gerrard AND Lampard in the same team and no manager has had the balls to drop one of them. Personally I think an on form Gerrard is better and one of the best in the world but Lampard is a bit more tactically sound in his positioning and can come up with a goal too.

Playing Gerrard on the left seriously unbalances the team, Rooney needs Heskey to play alongside with him to get the best out of him but he has hardly played this season and it doesn't look like Capello will start him. Although Rooney has shown he can play upfront on his own for Man U so I think Capello should start with Gerrard behind him as they seem to link up quite well.

I know Joe Cole hasn't played much but he was prob Englands best player in the last WC and balances the left side out, he also links up well with Ashley Cole.

I would play

- - - - - - - - - James
    G.Johnson - Ferdinand - Terry - A.Cole
    Walcott - Lampard - Barry - J.Cole
    - - - - - - - - - Gerrard
    - - - - - - - - - Rooney

Although Barry is still injured and Carrick has been poor this season, we need Barry to balance the midfield.

Lennon is also a good bet to start RM, but they both offer blistering pace.
    test
  19. Shapey Fiend

Shapey Fiend New Member

England never really plays that well together as a team considering the individual talents they have at their disposal. Elements are always there if they'd just get their shit together.

I hope someone tackles Thierri Henry and snaps his leg off. The cunt.
    test
  20. TheProle

TheProle Pls go, Milhouse.

Netherlands=Winners.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.