OT: Why americans get a bad rep worldwide.

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by battlesource, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slik_ng7

slik_ng7 New Member

Ignorance is a worldwide thing...and footy is the shit......England aint winning tho
    test
  2. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

haha everyone keeps missing the part where Bino did it on purpose namean

yea I miss the pubs and the banter and the atmosphere.....while everyones geekin on the telly Im mackin all the ignored birds hahaha

PEACE
    test
  3. BinoSWI

BinoSWI Half Jamaikan Half Scouse

lol

u guys really don't get irony/sarcasm huh

guess its hard to translate over the internet, i thought tha dotdotdot was gon give it away haha. i'm a very ironic person on2 it la

I WAS JOKING

neway this bein my 1000th post an all a bit of reflection...damn i hope i aint reach 2000 this quick. i kno peeps will be aggro'in me over it in tha future no doubt. i got way too much spare time on my hand haha.. 2 many more tho fo sho
    test
  4. slik_ng7

slik_ng7 New Member

England shits on america lol........America does have a pretty bad image globally tbh....But so do alot of other countries
    test
  5. slik_ng7

slik_ng7 New Member

U shud get a gift wen you've gt 1000 posts in such a short period of time like u lol
    test
  6. SaM HaiN

SaM HaiN Onslaught

eh whenever i told people i was american on vacation, shit helped me get mad play, women automatically assumed i was ballin in cash, and i got quite a few stamps on my passport, so <shrug>.

a lot of conversations ive had with people, particularly in moscow, manilla, and york, they did expect most americans to be douchebags, but i never had a problem making any friends of foreign descent so it was all fun

every country has a stereotype you can slap onto it, there's always gonna be MILLIONS of people that FIT that stereotype and prove it right because they lack individuality

and there';s always gonna be THOUSANDS of people that BREAK the stereotypes
    test
  7. battlesource

battlesource AKA Plosiv

Lmao. Right.. let me demolish this dude.

If your talking in terms of the U.K, which I'm guessing. Our greatest athletes? Okay imma name a few.

Paula Radcliffe - Womens marathon record holder, widely regarded as the greatest female long distance runner ever.

Sir Steve Redgrave - 5 Olympic gold medals over a 20 year period.

Lewis Hamilton/Jenson Button - won last 3 F1 championships. Britain currently leads any other country in worldwide motor racing.

George Best - Regarded as the greatest footballer since Pele.

Fred Perry - Eight Time grand slam winner.

Ian Botham - Holds numerous records in cricket for bowling and batting.

Yeah were not exactly shit.

Nobody plays basketball in our country. Were third favourites for the world cup in 'soccer' and in Cricket we won the WORLD CUP, literally like 3 weeks ago lol.

And who gives a shit about winter olympics? We dont have mountains, or winter alpine regions so essentially its like saying why hasnt portugal or greece won any winter olympic golds. We came 4th in the last olympic medal table and for a country of only 60 million, that means we dicked on you population to medal ratio wise.

Of course america has better known sportstars, you have so much more money to train them than we do, a bigger media, a more global reach. And yet were still going to dick on you at the worlds biggest sport. Sorry.

P.S LMAO at BinoSWI getting called out on ignorance like 5 times hahah, when i said 'I know its stereotypical' i meant myself, I did get that it was sarcasm, dont worry haha. I feel your pain bro.
    test
  8. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

Soccer was invented by European ladies to occupy their time while their husbands washed the dishes.
    test
  9. Credintials

Credintials IRS can suck my books

non americans play soccer because your men can't fight.

suck somethin'
    test
  10. battlesource

battlesource AKA Plosiv

lol i hate getting into this sorta thing but.

Weve never been invaded since the british army was formed.

We have the best train fighting force in the world. We constantly lose a less ratio of than america does when we fight in the same wars.

And anyway, what does football have to do with fighting?
    test
  11. BinoSWI

without 'soccer' there wouldn't be american football?

association (soccer) football created rugby football which created american football

yaaa
    test
  12. slik_ng7

slik_ng7 New Member

Oi we'll have less of that its called football u mug lol
    test
  13. BinoSWI

I can't believe Phran called me a liar when I said England won a cricket world cup which they actually did :(
    test
  14. slik_ng7

slik_ng7 New Member

Cricket is waste tho lol
    test
  15. BinoSWI

haha true lad i wouldn't be caught playin dat, for posh boys like private schools an tha haha

rugbys a posh sport 2 but u have to have some nuts 2 play dat shit.

i hate faggots who compare american football 2 rugby tho there like totally different games haha, u can get fuckinnn broke in both of em either EVEN wit they pads
    test
  16. slik_ng7

slik_ng7 New Member

Rugby is a tought sport but i cant watch it...American football is mental but i dnt understand it and dnt want to....ppl always chat shit about ameican football is the pussy version of rugby lol i dnt fink so tho cos from wat i've seen if them american footballers did'nt have pads ppl would b dying and a fast pace lol
    test
  17. SMEEGLE

SMEEGLE Active Member

I am Canadian and I don't hate America. Ive had a lot of great times there and I have friends there. A lot of Americans are fuckin stupid, but so are a lot of Canadians. And I think the intelligence of the Brits goes without saying.... Go to Las Vegas, there's no way u can hate America.
    test
  18. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

I was just joking.

I've been an avid football (American) fan my entire life, and have difficulty getting into soccer. But I've actually really been looking forward to this World Cup for some time now. In particular, obviously this game tomorrow.

The whole hype surrounding it and everything is really dope, and right now on 42nd st. they've got these crazy ass paintings representing each country covering the outside of this building. I'm sure a lot of you have seen them:

ESPN?s 2010 FIFA World Cup Murals For 32 Nations | Prose Before Hos

But I gotta be honest, sometimes watching the shit is just too boring for me, lol.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.