OT: Why americans get a bad rep worldwide.

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by battlesource, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BinoSWI

BinoSWI Half Jamaikan Half Scouse

we won the Twenty20 World Cup cricket the other month bro (which is fast becomin the most popular form of cricket, epitomized by the IPL where they get paid fuckloads n shit its pretty big)
    test
  2. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

population size is one thing the bigger the pool the more chance of finding a star talent....if football was on the US radar and they spent money like American Football or baseball they would be a contender no doubt in my mind but they DONT and they WONT and therefore will always be SHIT at football just like UK will always be shit at cross country skiing

PEACE
    test
  3. reznick

reznick New Member

England despite their deep talent pool, hasn't done shit lately in the past few world and euro cups.

And now that Rio is gone you guys are royally fucked. I was really dissapoiunted in that

I think Rio, drogba, and essien are the biggest significant injuries in the cup.

AHHH I CANT WAIT TILL TOMORROW

Mexico vs South Africa first game is gonna be BOMB
    test
  4. Micky D

Micky D New Member

Our country has less people in it than many states in the US

I'm not getting into this but England will hammer the US

Dempsey is the only decent player
    test
  5. reznick

reznick New Member

Oh and England is a huge boxing country.

And Lennox Lewis (one of the greatest boxers in the last 30 years) was your last world heavyweight champion

before that it was Bob Fitzsimmons in I think 1904

Naseem Hamed is one of my favorite boxers too, but the talent pool doesnt compare
    test
  6. BinoSWI

I see Phrans original point tho haha. Of course Americans are going to be patriotic and biased towards their own country, as we are, our national team gets HYPED to fuck every year. Then he kinda went off on a rant which is understandable considering someone just talked shit about his country.
    test
  7. reznick

reznick New Member

Dempsey is the shit!

Yea its not our individual players that will give us a chance to win, its our team

America is all about team play.

Thats why we never have soccer superstars. Because the insanely talented cats are taught to suppress their talents, and to pass the ball. If anyone grew up in America playing soccer as a kid, you know that if there was ever a kid with great soccer skills, he would be known as a show off. And the coach will tell him to stop doing that, and pass the ball.

Which is obviously wrong.

But our kids soccer coaches to compare to the foriegners
    test
  8. SiFu

cmon bruv I know you know of Chris Eubanks and Barry Mcgwigan(sp) we've had some real solid fighters over the years...yes we also had Frank Bruno lol

England does alright for its size....it would be like California entering the world cup or the olymics...how well Cali do BY ITSELF??? might do ok forreal but it wouldnt win as much as the UNITED STATES naean??

PEACE
    test
  9. C Murph

C Murph New Member

cant say as much about his mic skills..

[youtube]K6Di8QT98Zk[/youtube]
    test
  10. reznick

reznick New Member

Yo thats actually a very good point graff

The population size doesn't compare your absolutely right

And yea Eubank was one of the scariest boxers I have ever seen in the ring.

Frank Bruno was dope....Lennox destroyed him, but yea Bruno was great....for his time
    test
  11. SiFu

I stayed up till 4am when I was nipper only to watch frank get pasted by tyson lol frank went into pantomime after that (its like a funny play usually a fairytale story lol)

I saw Chris once in Hove high street....the geeza cracked me up coz he got off his harley and stood there like he used to in the ring tapping his gloves together and posing around lol funny as fuck....nigel benn was pretty good....but yea recently we aint had much I guess it goes in cycles....

Who would Eubank be in the same weight class as now??? he was bigger than mayweather an them init

PEACE
    test
  12. reznick

reznick New Member

lol!!

thats a helluva story

that was the scariest thing when he used to KO someone and just look at the camera touching his gloves together like that. I swear if I seen him in an alley I would scream for god.

Yea he was a middleweight-super middleweight so he was probably fighting around 165-170

Man Nigel was scary too, he paralyzed Gerald Mclellan

All three of them were great to watch
    test
  13. SiFu

to me them was the glory days of boxing or rather the end of the glory days...for me Marvelous Marvin was my fav and suger ray an them but I was still really young, like I said Barry Mcguigan (checked the spelling) was real popular in the 80's....boxing just dont have that same excitment I used to get from it....dunno why

PEACE
    test
  14. reznick

reznick New Member

no doubt

I didnt even get into boxing till three years ago.

And since then I learn more and more every day.

My favorite English fighter was Bob Fitzsimmons.

The man started out 160 pounds, and was knocking out heavyweight left and right. He finally became a heavyweight himself and knocked out Jim Corbett with a crazy body shot.

Put him in the heavyweight division today, and he would clean up all these bums with ease

[​IMG]
    test
  15. Diggles

Diggles Fred Durst's Life Coach

Manifest Destiny much? I get that feeling everytime Americans refer to their country as "America" and not the USA. America = continent, US = United States of America. You're not the continent... yet anyways.

Whatever, England is gonna mollywhop the US. When the fuck was the last time the US was relevant in football? Who's their best player? Landon Donovan? Is he still alive even.. And yeah, England is a bunch of prima donna's.. but Beckham punked LA Galaxy for like 90 million bucks and played like 3 games. So really, who's the winner?
    test
  16. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

lmao @ blatant hypocrisy.
    test
  17. Micky D

Micky D New Member

2 of my favourite players of all time are American as it happens

John Harkes

&

Frank Simek

Heard of them? Both played for my team
    test
  18. BinoSWI

it was intended to be ironic bro haha seriously thats the attitude of some of my fellow countrymen tho makes me laugh
    test
  19. Wonderin

Wonderin New Member

Has anybody failed to realize that soccer sucks? Fuck a world cup.
    test
  20. lightskintwin

lightskintwin Black Militant Racist

The reality is that the majority of Americans could give a fuck about Soccer.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.