OT: Vote to ban

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Ribo Nuke, May 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ribo Nuke

Ribo Nuke Audiodidact

Seriously, can we vote to ban some of these trolls? There are only a few that are truly annoying and relentless and it seems like some just go unnoticed by mods. I know you can't ban someone for being annoying, but they are continually hateful/racist/threatening which all break forum rules so ban these faggots already its so annoying.

Start with get2dachoppa, the hater (has he every been actually funny?), if people find entertainment in these horrible trolls then say so.

Having a troll in every thread, calling every rapper they see post, a faggot, is ridiculous and it makes this forum much less fun. my 2cents on trollpatrol.
    test
  2. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

ban track 2, get 2 da choppa, fortunetella, thehater and stock asap
    test
  3. ReverseOsmosis

ReverseOsmosis aka Drone

i agree.however to be fair it would have to be at least 70% majority vote
    test
  4. misterteenwolf

misterteenwolf Well-Known Member

its the internet. thats how it is. trolls only survive on attention. if you don't like someone, ignore what they say. you can ban a username but its incredibly easy just to register a new one. don't be so personal. this is hiphop. from my life experiences, real hiphop heads are dudes that like jokin around and talkin shit. whoever offended you was probably just messin around
    test
  5. EmceeGoddess

lol yeah dude its easy to annoy the same 4 posters posting in every single thread, being unfunny, talking shit and trolling. its easier to just ban them and ban them. takes 2 seconds.
    test
  6. tha sinner

tha sinner New Member

the hater needs to stay
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  7. Ribo Nuke

Ribo Nuke Audiodidact

I was never personally offended, I have no reason to be. They are just annoying as fuck and I don't post enough for them to bother me personally but they hound everyone and it is just so fucking annoying to read through. Banning user names wouldn't solve the problem.
    test
  8. Ribo Nuke

Ribo Nuke Audiodidact

i second track 2 and fortunetella. I could care less about Stock because he knows everyone hates him and just makes a million more user names to come back and troll with. And he only trolls about 60% of the time and usually gets repeatedly sonned.

kenchillla should be banned i haven't seen him in a while but he is horrible.
    test
  9. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

i really cant ban people for just being annoying. if we an decide on some sort of criteria that would HAVE to apply to every single poster in this section of the forum, and have it posted in the rules, then we can do it.

a poll might work, im not sure how well though. it would ahve to be a certain percent of votes, after a certain amount of votes were cast, and it would have to be a high total number of votes and a high percentile, and even then the site owner might not like that idea. however i believe if we put our minds together we can figure a way to do this
    test
  10. EmceeGoddess

ok

heres the rule

you cannot simply have an account just to talk shit and offer absolutely nothing positive or helpful.
    test
  11. Ribo Nuke

Ribo Nuke Audiodidact

its not like your going to hurt the popularity of the site by banning a bunch of fucktards. they break general forum rules all the time by being hateful and racist towards anyone that will get them attention and once in a while say something like "conceited is the best in grindtime no question" which would excuse them from being only shit talkers

voting could work too. If you have 10 other users saying to ban 1 user, and 0 people saying they should stay, or otherwise like 80% of 20 voters.
    test
  12. Ribo Nuke

Ribo Nuke Audiodidact

on second thought it probably wouldn't work because the trolls would make polls trying to ban mapleleaf every 5 minutes.
    test
  13. etchthesketch

etchthesketch New Member

I have been saying this for a while. This is a direct quote from Mapleleaf on the subject from about a year/year in a half back.

"quick question but long answer...i have answered this many times on the board although not in very plain language because the reality of the situation actually sucks pretty hard. you cant just ban crayon etc because they are 'stupid' and 'haters'...they are all people who have equal privledges to post on rapmusic.com just like everyone else. trust me i think a lot of posters are really fucking stupid and if i had the choice i would ban every last one of them because this forum used to be the fucking shit, now it is fucking shit. you can get banned for posting outside linkes, spamming, freeposting, posting crude violence (reason why cryon got banned for a while), but other than that its an public forum on a HUGE website with many other, much larger forums, the owners of the websites policy is to have the board be fair for everyone even if they are really annoying. sorry if someone annoys you but you gotta deal with it unless theyre breaking rules. i have deleted crayon posts for the above reasons and closed his threads when they have nothing to do with rap/battles/hiphop but besides that i cant just censor the dude...i mean he has like 3k posts on here. ive said this before too- the only immediate thing you can do to get him to stop posting is ignore him, and maybe hell stop posting, but the thing is that he posts like every day and mutiple people respond to his posts= a good poster for the website (in the eyes of the owner)."
    test
  14. Loe Pesci

Loe Pesci New Member

Get 2 da choppa = charron
    test
  15. TheHater

TheHater New Member

I agree with the sentiments that have been echoed throughout this thread. I come to this site to engage in intellectual discourse with other battle rap fans concerning the latest GT and URL battles. However, I am subjected to repeated attacks from "troll" accounts whose sole purpose is to discuss any and everything that does not involve battle rap. Some of these trolls are quasi-fans who only appreciate good punchlines, they wouldn't know a good setup if it stared them in the face. For example, Paperwerkz had this one line that none of these aforementioned quasi-fans reacted to. He said, "I flow Sick. Flu shot it" like that is super clean and one of the best setups ever but none of these trolls gave that line its due. They do not possess the necessary intellect to analyze raps battles and so they resort to perpetual insults against emcees and other "real" people such as myself who actually attend events. Anyways, I'm gonna go lie on my mom's couch, I'm exhausted... I spent my entire day jumping with elementary school kids on a trampoline.
    test
  16. 6thSense

6thSense Ashwin

hahaha..I knew y'all were underestimating The Hater. This dude just stopped trying these days. He used to be hilarious with posts like these.
    test
  17. Cajun Sparkle

Cajun Sparkle Add me as a friend!

haha, this guy just made the cut.

ban everyone else that was mentioned as a target in this thread.
    test
  18. Ribo Nuke

Ribo Nuke Audiodidact

yeah that was pretty funny, I'll admit he's funny sometimes but most of his posts are trolling
    test
  19. Cajun Sparkle

Cajun Sparkle Add me as a friend!

oh wait. Stock's cool too.
    test
  20. Heazy206

Heazy206 Well-Known Member

A ton of people get banned for trolling in the AEH section, why not do it here?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.