OT: UFC 116: Lesnar vs Carwin fight card discussion thread

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by ScimonomicS, Jul 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingFly

KingFly *K.O.T.D.*

who won the fight???????????

cuz i really think thats the only thing that matters at this point
    test
  2. KingFly

KingFly *K.O.T.D.*

[​IMG]

GAME OVER
    test
  3. mellance

mellance New Member

why?, the right/wrongs is what is intresting to discuss, since its not like the HW division just ends here and to see the sk "best HW in the world" have such a sloppy standup game plus he's afraid of being hit doesnt feel right.

Putting Lesnar on any kind of P4P list is a joke, same with Carwin, only legit people in the HW divison currently you could place on any kind of P4P list would be Cain,JDS and Nelson.
    test
  4. KingFly

KingFly *K.O.T.D.*

you can place people in the same division on a p4p list...thats not what p4p even means.....
    test
  5. InternalAffairs

InternalAffairs New Member

Why even bring up the Silva/Hendo fight? Completely different cause Hendo didn't get choked out because he gassed out. He also didn't get submitted at the beginning of the round....oh and Silva didn't take the same kind of beating that Lesnar took. Lesnar fans are as fucking big headed as Lesnar is himself. The fact remains that he was completely lucky to walk away from this match with W in his column. Fedor>Lesnar still.
    test
  6. mellance

mellance New Member

Pound 4 Pound means SKILLWISE regardless of weightclass, who are the BEST

Cain,JDS and Nelson are all very wellrounded fighters.
    test
  7. Phranchyze81

Phranchyze81 New Member

You will never get it, this is MMA, i dont care how many holes you have. If you keep getting those W's thats all that matters. Paydays keep rolling in.

He's beating ppl with some major flaws, god forbid the man actually gets decent at standing up. GODFORFUCKINGBID.

Lesnar won, Carwin didnt. Hes BAD. He used all his energy in 1 round going for the kill and brock took all he had. Cardio is the most simplest thing everybody should have and he failed to do the one thing that any regular person in the world can learn with ease.

Brock > Carwin= Fact

"Fedor > Brock"= Opinion

Brock already beat Carwin

Fedor has never fought him and will never fight him. Leave the opinions for another thread.
    test
  8. Tiger Ty Fan

Tiger Ty Fan Tiger Circle Blackbelt

Not sure if that gif is sped up or not but... like I stated earlier, the match could have been stopped there. I kind of recant what I said about Brock not being in a fetal position because it looks like he pulled a Bob Sapp, lol!

Also looks like Brock got dropped by a paw from Carwin. Either that or he just willingly dropped to ball up.

Props to Brock for not going limp though, JESUS! Some of those strikes were probably partially blocked anyways.

If Carwin couldn't put him away with GNP, I'm not sure Cain could, but we'll wait and see by end of 2010 (hopefully).
    test
  9. phillyfire

phillyfire New Member

Ah cain will save us. You know that guy who got fucked up on the feet by kongo and is a great striker because he beat old nog who has been destroyed his whole career and needs to retire. If cain beat nog three years ago it would have mattered...not now. JDS could beat brock depends on his TD defense. They all better hope ubereem never sign ors their all getting beat up. Ubereem who is an ADCC Europe champ and a top fighter in K-1.
    test
  10. mellance

mellance New Member

He did the same thing against Mir, which shows he has no clue what to do when he's being hit and goes into "panic" mode and also foremost that he does not like being hit one bit.

Could easily flip that for Ubereem and bring up all his losses which has pretty much been a result of as soon as people have put real pressure on Overeem he has BUCKLED. i do however really want to see Overeem in the UFC but as for now i see Cain and JDS as the future of the divison (Struve aswell) , but Cain is by far the most entertaining HW in the UFC.

You cant teach the things Brock is missing in his standup, you cant "train" or "drill" away a fear of being hit, he turns his body away when he's being hit, and starts backpeddling worse then Bob Sapp used to do.

Carwin can easily fix his cardio problem and get used to pacing himself, that comes naturally with EXPERIENCE, tell me though how Brock is gonna get over his fear of being hit and foremost how he reacts to being hit.

Im ALL ears.
    test
  11. CamelJoe

CamelJoe New Member

whens the last time you saw brock curl up in a little ball and fight for his life while getting man handled? the fight should have been stopped right there, and in a rematch carwin would trash brock. you know that
    test
  12. Will Slaughter

Will Slaughter New Member

there are a bunch of little fucking bitches in here. Change your fucking tampons jesus fucking christ. Carwin had a good first round but wore out quick, lesnar took control and won. Both are great and you should all be exited about the future matches of both of these heavyweights. Instead people are acting like fucking 3rd grade wwe fans who just watched the rock lose.
    Lesnar vs Velasquez soon
    Carwin vs ????????? soon

The world is still spinning faggots
    test
  13. mellance

mellance New Member

Carwin will get the winner of Nelson / JDS most likely to determine the new nr 1 contender, might throw him a bone in the meantime and let him demolish some can, but otherwise all others are tied up with matchups for the forseeable future.
    test
  14. KingFly

KingFly *K.O.T.D.*

at the end of the day all i see in here are "could of, should of, would of"

the fact still remians...Brock won.
    Brock is the undisputed heavyweight champ of UFC...not carwin
    until someone beats him...he will remain the UFC champ....not carwin

[youtube]s7qHL5fB_G8[/youtube]
    test
  15. phillyfire

phillyfire New Member

Mellance tell me how many times hes buckled at HW? Thanks
    test
  16. savageyo

savageyo Member

Who the fuck cares if Brock is scared to get hit? The fact is he did get hit, he didn't get knocked out and he shit on Carwin in the second round. What a stupid argument.
    test
  17. mellance

mellance New Member

Fuck does that have to do with anything?, if anything LHW should speak in his favour considering he has a large frame, and yet he buckled under pressure several times at LHW, all his big name fights (losses) are at LHW, who has he faced worth even mentioning at HW?, Brett fucking Rogers?, dude has the worst fucking balance of any active HW

Buckling under pressure has to do with heart,i like Overeem as a fighter alot and he's evolved leaps and bounds since the pride days fact still remains he is yet to be tested at HW, and lookin at his LHW records its not that impressive.
    test
  18. Phranchyze81

Phranchyze81 New Member

Lmaooo @ "the fight should have been stopped" He went on to win just minutes into the 2nd round, and you're telling me he was beat bad enough to have the fight stopped??

lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

He took his best shots covered up, shifted his head left and right dodging some hits covered up like he needed to and went on to win very easily in the 2nd round. Thats a champion.

Carwin needs to bring in Flloyd Mayweather in his next training camp and teach him some basic jump roping.
    test
  19. Phranchyze81

Phranchyze81 New Member

Fedor vs Overeem next up.

You know a company is bad when the guy you market your company around loses and still gets the next title shot.
    test
  20. phillyfire

phillyfire New Member

10 dollars says you've never watched any of his pride fights. He gassed out most of those fights.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.