OT: UFC 113: Machida vs. Shogun....

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by bobbylight, May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mellance

mellance New Member

throw me your email here or in a pm and i'll be a pal and send you an invite to mma-tracker.org
    test
  2. (M-16)

(M-16) Member

just got to mmalinker.com and register for an account.
    test
  3. reznick

reznick New Member

A. I clearly asked what strike or attack is less aggressive than a leg kick. The only things you mentioned that fall under this criteria is jabs and transitions. Jabs are more aggressive than leg kicks. They require less distance, and you leave you self more open making it more risky. Ill give you transitions though. Its not a strike, but okay, its a form of offense. I can still make an argument how it is not as aggressive, but I am not as confident in that argument.

B. You just posted the definition of aggressive, but your stubborn retarded ass brain keeps missing a key point im making. When your talking fighting sports, aggressive is taken to a new context, because everybody takes it for granted that everything that happens in a fighting sport is aggressive. How much better can I explain that? You really cant get that through your thick sykull? Every single fight in the MMA is aggresive, because people are doing damage to each other.....okay, nobody is arguing otherwise. But its taken to a different context when talking fighting.

example: 2) completely irrelevant, one form of aggression being higher than the other doesn't somehow null the previous aggression

Your retarded

And your damn right ill stick with boxing. Our fans can differentiate between a fighter who takes his time, and a fighter who is aggressive.

Nobody says Muhammad Ali is aggressive when they talk boxing. But under your retarded ass logic, thats exactly what your saying.
    test
  4. reznick

reznick New Member

actually fuck that. transitions ARE more aggressive. Just look at your definition that your pie ass posted
    test
  5. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

my god you are a fucking MORON

no dude, that is not 100% fact. this is MMA, not boxing, and when you kick someone, you leave yourself open to being taken down, or checked, both of which suck. getting taken down or swept from a leg kick is very common and one of the worst things to happen to you in most circumstances.

seriously, go back to boxing, you sound like a drooler right now

i mean you are literally just a stupid person.
    test
  6. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

A jab is more 'aggressive' than a leg kick?? You could put them in exactly the same catagory namean......

Jabs can cause damage but leg kicks cause a lot more damage init...of course not all leg kicks are the same, some are used to distract others are used over and over to take away the opponents base....

In this First fight scenario you both right....Shogun WAS being aggressive with his leg kicks CONSTANTLY chasing down Machida and hitting him HARD, he wasnt using the leg kicks to bait a take-down and he wasnt throwing his leg out there just to distract, he was throwing to hurt Machida, it was part of his game plan to take his base away....that is aggressive, smart aggressive, not running in all guns blazing which is stupid aggressive.....where his aggression stopped tho is that after Machida was clearly hurt and his base was rocky Shogun didnt go in for the kill, that was a lack of aggression in terms of finishing the fight.....

Any technique can be done defensively or offensively, to me aggressive is if you are trying to hurt the other person not just score points and play paticake...

The problem with boxing is they arent aggressive most times....if your boxing for points, thats the definition of non-agression in a fighting sport imo....if your constantly using your jab to set up a combo chasing the other guy down then your being aggressive, but that rarely happens...ends up a few jabs, oops got to close lets hug and wait for the break....AND repeat for the whole 15 rounds

MMA dudes arent aggressive when they get on the ground and lay there with no subs or gnp or anything.....or if both fighters are using a counter style, but usually one will be the aggressor and the other the counter'er.....boxing a lot of times both are playing the counter game and boxing for points not knockouts...wack

PEACE
    test
  7. reznick

reznick New Member

yea and when you jab, you leave your head open to get knocked the fuck out, and also take downs. Except your even closer than you would be with a leg kick.

Lets assume your correct, and jabs and leg kicks are about equally aggressive. You described shogun vs machida I as aggressive because of leg kicks. Imagine a fight where all they did was throw jabs. Would you call that aggressive?

Oh wait, yea you probably would. Because a punch connecting to the skin tissue on your face is aggressive because you might bleed. right?

all your posts are the same thing. While I break down every one of your points and counter them, you pick one single sentence from my post, and attempt to discredit it by being a smart ass. Also 60% of your posts are insults and not points pertaining to the argument.

Plus, lets not pretend like arguing is not your job. You have 33k posts, and I bet its safe to assume that half your posts come from arguing on here. Your a pro at this shit. This is your game.

And you still suck at it
    test
  8. reznick

reznick New Member

your right. Aggression it seems is much easier to differentiate in boxing than it is in MMA.

This argument started because he said this fight was aggressive. Now lets be honest. If someone made a thread titled "Aggressive fights in the past few years", would anyone list Machida vs Shogun? When you compare it to the rest of the MMA? All those other fights? Theres no way anyone is gonna classify it as an aggressive fight. What say you sifu?
    test
  9. EmceeGoddess

you have not broken down any point. you have not countered any argument with anything logical.

you go watch some mma fights and let me know how many people have been countered and KO'd vs a jab, and then look at how many kicks have been either checked, causing damage, or been caught and used to take someone down, shifting the fight into their favor.

im waiting, let me know which is a safer move in an MMA fight
    test
  10. SiFu

A jab is so much quicker and less powerful than a kick (please dont say you can punch harder than people can kick lol).....a jab is throw close range, meaning the other person dont have a lot of time to react, usually a jab is a set up punch...if thrown a lot its usually to distract or break the rhythm of the opponent not used as an attack by itself, sets up a combo or helpswhen you wanna change position....

Leg kick can be like a jab....except at the same time it can be a very effect attack by itself...like I said they pretty much the same its just a leg kick has the capability of being a much more aggressive attack than a jab which is limited in power

PEACE
    test
  11. EmceeGoddess

again, you are a moron

just because something isn't as aggressive as something else, this doesn't make it NOT aggressive.

thread: top 10 aggressive ways to murder someone

all posts: shooting someone in the face

oh all of a sudden stabbing someone isn't aggressive

that's what you are saying

machida broke his hand punching shogun, both of their ribs were fucked up, machida legs were fucked up, taking away his spring, shogun screamed in pain when ninja picked him up at the end

YEAH NOT AGGRESSIVE. BECAUSE FIGHTING IS ALREADY AGGRESSIVE. AND TO BE AGGRESSIVE IN MMA YOU MUST STAND IN FRONT OF SOMEONE AND PUNCH THEM. OH WAIT THAT IS CALLED BOXING.
    test
  12. SiFu

Nah it wouldnt be up there as aggressive fights....but in that specific fight Shogun was the aggressor for sure and his leg kicks caused a lot of damage, his hesitancy to finish it might of lost him the decision and thats where his aggression lacked imo

PEACE
    test
  13. reznick

reznick New Member

[youtube]eUx9OE7DZAo[/youtube]
    in this one, the jab is the end of him.

[youtube]WNzauKGOrm0[/youtube]
    another jab leading to a KO. Whats beautiful about this is that the counter KO is a jab itself! Cool huh?!

Leg kicks may be easier to counter, but the consequences are not as dire, in my opinion.

One pie coming right up!
    test
  14. reznick

reznick New Member

Am I dreaming this shit, or did he actually just post this?
    test
  15. reznick

reznick New Member

Sifu great breakdown.

But isnt a leg kick also a way to keep your opponent offset and guessing? Leg kicks can be extremely damaging. But jabs can knockout and opponent, a lot easier in the MMA than boxing. They can both be used for tactical purposes, and they can both be used to do real intense damage.

Rememebr its leg kicks and not kicks in general
    test
  16. EmceeGoddess

i am officially withdrawing from this discussion

reznick your IQ is in the 2 digit range man
    test
  17. Slick Ick

Slick Ick New Member

You know if you had posted the two minutes before the Silva knockout you can see Forrest throw a leg kick and come within an inch of getting knocked out. Silva did knock out Travis Lutter off Lutter throwing a leg kick. It's a hell of a lot easier, quicker safer to throw a jab than a leg kick.
    test
  18. reznick

reznick New Member

okay ill take your guys word for it that leg kicks are more dangerous than jabs

youve convinced me

but eg knows that the initial argument, which is weather or not that first fight was aggressive in the context of fighting sports, is wrong.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.