OT: UFC 113: Machida vs. Shogun....

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by bobbylight, May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobbylight

bobbylight Well-Known Member

Where the streams at? It is on tonight at 10 PM Eastern.
    test
  2. iAMhell

iAMhell New Member

prob guna watch it live if I can get rid of my hangover, uk it's on espn. It's either guna be epic or really tentative, I duno which way to go, I can't see Machida finishing Shoguna but I can see Shogun getting his timing right again and catching Machida. I want Lyoto to win but Shogun is a beast too.
    test
  3. bobbylight

It is going to be tentative...I would say it is probably a better bet that it would go to decision than betting on either machida or shogun.

Shogun is aggressive against people that warrant that style...but machida is not one of those people.
    test
  4. Get 2 Da Choppa

Get 2 Da Choppa Well-Known Member

ufc 113 weigh-ins video..

damn kimbo and mattrione was stare off of the night

[youtube]mmBDjkGuHfc[/youtube]
    test
  5. reznick

reznick New Member

^^^^

whats you sig from?
    test
  6. Get 2 Da Choppa

Get 2 Da Choppa Well-Known Member

test
  7. iAMhell

iAMhell New Member

yeah apparently kimbo and mitrione nearly had a fight backstage

he quite small for a hw now, he used to be 250lbs and now he's 225lbs
    test
  8. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

lol you know they fought before right?
    test
  9. Bunchacrunch

Bunchacrunch deliciously fun to eat

This fight will not go to decision
    test
  10. bobbylight

lol, obviously I know that. Shogun wasn't aggressive in that fight and he won't be aggressive in this one either.
    test
  11. EmceeGoddess

lmao @ shogun not being aggressive in that fight

you are an idiot
    test
  12. reznick

reznick New Member

why? Its true

Theres no negative or positive connotation to it, but neither of them were aggressive.

They would be dumb to be aggressive against each other.
    test
  13. TagsTheMan

TagsTheMan New Member

yo 100% machida and shogun will be boring as fuck. Both of them are scared pussies who will not push the pressure of the fight or wont go for a big attack and therefore we will have to sit through 5 rounds of a queef fest

fuck that fight though, Kimbo vs Matt and Koscheck vs Daley are going to be epic fights where someone is leaving fucked up. Although I think that Koscheck is going to use his wrestling game on Daley, hopefully that doesn't take away form the action of the fight though.
    test
  14. reznick

reznick New Member

Its not scared pussies, its the sport. Its MMA

and once a pair of atheletes who achieve the elite status in this sport face off with one another, this type of fight happens. Neither of them are dumb enough to not understand that they are one punch away from being KOed. Theyre not taking chances. Thats the real MMA. And once all these kids who are influenced by ufc today grow up and become better fighters than the generation before, this type of fight will occur more and more often.

Imagine if boxing was started less than 50 years ago, and that it didnt become big till 10 years ago. You would see the same thing....a bunch of untrained mofos gettin knocked the fuck out for being wreckless.

Lets hope in tonights fight, one of them gets wreckless, but I doubt it
    test
  15. TagsTheMan

TagsTheMan New Member

True, its not as much as being scared as it is being safe in a fight that means so much to both parties.

With that being said, I hate how a fight can get so hyped up and turn out to be so unentertaining. For example, that GSP vs Hardy fight was straight 5 rounds of ass where GSP just took him down the entire fight and did nothing. People that go to these events pay up to $2000 for a single ticket, and nobody aint wanna see that shit. Thats like buying a plane ticket/getting a hotel room to MOB and seeing all the main event battlers choke or flop.

Also, after what Machida did to Evans most people gassed him up and made him to look like one of the greatest fighters ever (Joe Rogan - "Welcome to the Machida Era") then Machida came out with that weak preformance against shogun.

Hopefully we will see Machida make Shogun do the stanky leg tonight though.
    test
  16. EmceeGoddess

loool @ them not being aggressive

yeah leg kicks in all 5 rounds is nothing.
    test
  17. BelowTheHeavens

BelowTheHeavens New Member

I just came in here to say

boxing > mma
    test
  18. bobbylight

I am an idiot?

You have never seen this fight before have you...THIS is shogun being aggressive. I am pretty sure he was just a little more tentative against machida.

[youtube]EKWyJg4sI6s[/youtube]
    test
  19. reznick

reznick New Member

Did you just say leg kicks are aggressive? wtf

So what in the MMA is NOT aggressive?....the fighters meditating in their corners?

Leg kicks are probably the least aggressive type of strike standing up. Those strikes require distance more than any other strike. Its an outside safe tactic

Being aggressive is applying pressure. Its getting on the inside during stand up, and forcing strikes and submissions on the ground.

fuckin leg kicks......your serious?
    test
  20. EmceeGoddess

wow dude stick to boxing because you have no clue about mma. yes dude, actively striking someone is being aggressive. yeah jose aldo is not aggressive at all vs urijah faber, dude barely punched.

machida has such a stance and an elusive style where he can leap in and out of the way that in order to kick him you have to be much more aggressive than most, all the while not being countered by him.

shogun RAN INTO MACHIDA TO KICK HIM THE ENTIRE FIGHT

if that's not "applying pressure" or being aggressive than i dont know what to tell you because you are an idiot

lol yeah jump kicking someone in the ribs, leaping in to knee them in the stomach, etc. TOTALLY NOT AGGRESSIVE.

lmao leg kicks are the least aggressive strike standing up? yeah its nothing serious. they do nothing. what the fuck would "requiring distance" mean about ANYTHING? because something is effective at a distance it isn't aggressive? a sniper isn't an aggressive soldier?

something being less aggressive than something else does not downgrade the fact that it is still being aggressive you goofball. someone committing a driveway isn't somehow not aggressive just because shooting someone in the face at point blank range is more aggressive

being aggressive has nothing to do with specifically being on the inside. you can be aggressive from the outside. you have no clue what you're talking about. if every time someone throws a punch at you, you hop back and counter with a hard leg kick, that's called being aggressive. you might not technically be the aggressor since you're countering, but that's still being aggressive.

learn how mma works. this isn't boxing where all you have to worry about is punching. you can still be aggressive while playing it smart. being aggressive in mma isn't picking a dude up like fay wray and beating your chest.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.