OT: Toronto Stereotypes?

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by JanakanS, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haatley

haatley Well-Known Member

canada being opposed to animal cruelty doesn't mean toronto is not a multi-cultural city you twat.

are we racist cause we eat pork and muslims don't too?

get outta here. you're arguments soft like butter.
    test
  2. MistaConspiracy

MistaConspiracy magical and natural

And you have no argument. You just repeat what everyone else says without actually looking into it.

In Canadian culture, cockfighting is considered animal cruelty. But it's an important part of Latin American culture. So if we don't allow it, that means we're not multicultural. It means Canadian culture supersedes everything else. Why then, do we have to keep up this charade that we are "multicultural" when we clearly are not?
    test
  3. Mowhite

Mowhite New Member

wow that is the most ridiculous argument for Toronto not being multicultural I have ever heard in my life. Forget the fact we have people of different cultures in every part of the city. Or that every high school is extremely diverse even in the richer beach areas. Or that people do not need to assimilate when they come here and are free to practice any religion they want and have mosques and churchs from every religion all over the city.

you choose the fact that we don't allow cock fights? you are a moron.
    test
  4. Mowhite

Mowhite New Member

get outta here. you're arguments soft like butter.[/QUOTE]

soft like butter. defenetly a Toronto catch phrase.
    test
  5. MistaConspiracy

You are confusing race and religion with culture.
    test
  6. haatley

haatley Well-Known Member

China Town, Little Italy, Jamaica Town, Greek Town etc... all superceded by not having dog fights...
    test
  7. Mowhite

Mowhite New Member

so your saying people aren't allowed to keep their culture? I know at my work muslims are allowed to pray 5 times a day if they choose too. I know if i walk around the corner from my house their are a bunch of carribean food places and an asian supermarket that are always busy. We are having the Carabana parade this weekend which is one of the biggest parades in North America. People can keep their culture here.

With your logic their isn't a single multicultural city in the world. Which makes you just look like an idiot.
    test
  8. MistaConspiracy

All of them a product of immigrants not wanting to assimilate. All of them in decline, as newer immigrants set up new bubbles for themselves in the suburbs (Scarborough for Chinese, Woodbridge for Italians). This no different than what you'd find in the US.
    test
  9. MistaConspiracy

I am aware that first generation immigrants will never fully assimilate into their new country. To ask their children to go along with their parents' culture, however, is not only unrealistic, but discriminatory. At the Edmonton Heritage Festival, they just added a Canadian Pavilion. What does that tell you? The descendants of immigrants do not want to hold on to whatever culture the first generation practiced and want to be Canadian.

I don't see what praying 5 times a day has to do with culture, because praying is a religious act.
    test
  10. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

[​IMG]

make a t-shirt outta this.

i'm kidding of course. but that sucks if what conspiracy is saying is true about suppressing canada's culture. thats not fair to canada.
    test
  11. hewannabejigga

hewannabejigga New Member

how is it not fair to Canadians?
    test
  12. MistaConspiracy

Are you really asking how suppressing one's culture is unfair to them? Wow.
    test
  13. Kurrection

Kurrection AKA Tooz Da Gawd

Im Polish and my culture is being suppressed because Canada does not allow Polish Hooligans at Toronto FC soccer games to fight with German Hooligans. Fuck Canada.
    test
  14. hewannabejigga

How is it suppression? You do realize if immigrants werent allowed to practice certain aspects of their original culture hip hop wouldnt exist right?
    test
  15. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

i dont mean canadains as a people, i mean canada.

canada is bigger and older than the people in it. just like any other country.
    test
  16. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

i dont think anyones culture should be suppressed or ignored.
    test
  17. MistaConspiracy

Hip hop is a North American art form and it's part of our culture.
    test
  18. hewannabejigga

So you dont know how hip hop started and who DJ Kool Herc is? And how convenient you come with calling 'North American' art. Again, like I said if you feel that way you shouldnt be listening to hip hop.
    test
  19. IssphitiKOzS

IssphitiKOzS Avalanche

I don't even see tourists buying into these t-shirts.
    test
  20. MistaConspiracy

How you got that I don't know how hip hop started from what I wrote, I don't know. It started in the Bronx. And yeah, it is North American. Like it or not, we share some of our culture with the United States.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.